Equal lots in hedging instruments - page 8

HA..... Michelle!!! I've figured out how to prove you right on your fingers!!!

The only thing we seem to have agreed on yesterday is that we should hedge the eurobucks pair with the pounddollar pair with the same lot, as both pairs have the quid in the denominator, right???

Let's look at the chart of the dollar-franc... For example 25.11.2009 (and not only), this pair reached the value of 1.0000 ie at that time, the dollar = franc ie denominators in both pairs ONE!!! and the euro franc is not clear to me personally ...

But there were days when the franc was worth more than the dollar, so in those cases you had to hedge 0.1 lot with 0.098 lot (for example)

Mischek >>:

А тут тебе лень конкретику писать?

А в той ветке ты опять разборки устроил, нам туда лень и не охота )

:) HAVE I SETTLED?

Concretely? It's as simple as that - draw a graph like

DEPO USD

---------------

/<-------(USDCHF_Ask_1)--------

USD------(USDCHF_Bid_0 )---->CHF--/

\---------(EURUSD_Ask_0)---->EUR--\

You want to use this ORIENTED graph to get the conversion factors.

The whole operation is split into two parts - opening and closing . For all open positions, count the UNREALIZED PROFIT in DEPOSIT VALUE. You set the initial volumes, you obtain the final volumes - calculate the intermediate volumes. If you want to hedge, the unrealized profit should be zero. :) I hope you understand. :) And as soon as it becomes a plus there - immediately close. Plus differs from zero not by the principle of NOT zero. :) It's the principle of how much? :)

And that's it.

SProgrammer >>:

:) Я УСТРОИЛ?

Конкретику? Да просто же всё - нарисуйте граф типа

DEPO USD

---------------

Хотите по этому ОРИЕНТИРОВАННОМУ графу чтобы получить коэфициенты пересчета.

Вся операция разбита на две части - открытие и закрытие . Для всех открытых позиций считайте НЕРЕАЛИЗОВАННУЮ ПРИБЫЛЬ В ВАЛЮТЕ ДЕПОЗИТА. Начальные обьемы вами задаются, конечные получаются - промежуточные вычисляются. Если вы хотите захеджироваться то нереализованная прибыль должна быть ноль. :) ну надеюсь поняли. :) И как только там стал плюс - сразу же закрываться. Плюс отличается от ноль не по принципу НЕ НОЛЬ. :) А по принципу скока надо? :)

И все.

I AM NOT A PROGER

Mischek >>:

Я НЕ ПРОГЕР

It's M-A-T-E-M-A-T-I-C-A... Even arithmetic. :) Programming isn't even implied here.

RomanS >>:

Так давайте разберемся...

Вариант Михаила

по первой позе (евробакс лот 0,1) к примеру имеем убыток -100п. т.е. -100 баксов в денежном эквиваленте

на второй (баксофранк лот 0,147) к примеру имеем прибыль +100п. т.е. 0,147*100 = 143 франков что в долларах составит примерно +138 бакса (по курсу 1,03)

есть разница??? есть на 38 баксов!!! (+138 -100 = 38)

Мой вариант

по первой позе (евробакс лот 0,1) к примеру имеем убыток -100п. т.е. -100 баксов в денежном эквиваленте

на второй (баксофранк лот 0,103) к примеру имеем прибыль +100п. т.е. 0,103*100 = 103 франков что в долларах составит ровно +100 баксов

разницы нет :)

Вот я о чем!!! чисто математика, хотя этот вопрос можно мусолить по всякому...

4 Line is not correct

And with the pound, you can do the same volume.

Look at the point value in quid.

But that's for this one.

It may be different at another one.

Go to

Mischek 19.01.2010 01:00
edit | delete

There is also such a thing

What I said in theory

in practice we need to look at the specification

1 lot may be for all pairs 100 000

or may be in denominator currency

but more often in the currency of the numerator

but this does not change the mathematics, it only simplifies or complicates the calculation.

SProgrammer >>:

Это М-А-Т-Е-М-А-Т-И-К-А... Даже арифметика. :) Программирование тут даже и не подразумевается.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Don't bother.

Just give me your lot size.

in response to the starter's first post

Mischek >>:

Я конечно извиняюсь но это для меня не понятно

Не грузись

Просто укажи размер лота по-твоему

в ответ на первый пост стартера

We have to do the math. WOW, there's no time. ;(

RomanS >>:

ХА..... Мишель!!! Я придумал как те на пальцах доказать свою правоту!!!

Мы кажется вчера еще договорились лишь в одном, что хеджировать пару евробакса парой фунтдоллар нужно тем же лотом, т.к. в знаменателе у обеих пар стоит бакс, так???

Смотрим на график долларфранк... к примеру 25.11.2009 (да и не только) эта пара достигала значения 1,0000 т.е. в тот момент доллар = франк т.е. знаменатели у обоих пар ОДИНАКОВЫ!!! и причем тут курс еврофранка мне лично не понятно...

Но были дни когда франк стоял дороже доллара, поэтому в тех случаях нужно было вообще 0,1 лот хеджировать 0,098 лотом (к примеру)

Naturally, the volume will always be different

Mischek >>:

Естественно обьем всегда разный будет

Yes, but we should use dollar-franc pair, not euro-franc.

25.11.09 franc = dollar, therefore hedging should be performed with the same lot, but not with eurofrank (the exchange rate was around 1.51 on that day)

Reason: