Heikin Ashi (better formula) - page 5

SSL:
Fantastic.

I don't find the indicator to download. I would like to test it on lower timeframes for major pairs.

Also does this version address these errors: (as pointed out by mladen)

MODE_HIGH and MODE_LOW are used instead of PRICE_HIGH and PRICE_LOW

When calculating T3 values, values for internal T3 calculation (e1,e2,e3,e4,e5,e6) are not reset instead the values from previous price calculation used

Steps applied on 5 digit brokers (you need to multiply it by 10 to get same step values as for 4 digit broker)

BTW, brilliant contributions here on this thread.

Thanks a lot.

Hi SSL,

Apologize for the missing indicator, was trying to make room for more attachments and i accidentally deleted them, about your question above all the concerns were fixed and it automatically adjusts for extra digit brokers.

heiken_ashi_ma_t3_new.mq4

Files:

mrtools:
Hi SSL,

Apologize for the missing indicator, was trying to make room for more attachments and i accidentally deleted them, about your question above all the concerns were fixed and it automatically adjusts for extra digit brokers.

heiken_ashi_ma_t3_new.mq4

Hi mrtools. What's the name of that green line indicator?

clon_tron:
Hi mrtools. What's the name of that green line indicator?

Hi Clon_tron,

Its price using line chart instead of candlesticks or bar chart.

mrtools:
Hi Clon_tron, Its price using line chart instead of candlesticks or bar chart.

Ok thanks mrtools.

Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new

Hi SSL,

Thanks a lot mrtools.

I spent a gud deal of time testing the indi.

However, the indi Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new that ya posted seems to give a lot of false signals (pic 1). I compared it to the another one from the same league that I found in a russian forum Heiken_Ashi_MA_T3_new_Alert which seems to give perfect signals (pic 2), like you see in the below scrshots, for the same Method-Period-Step settings.

I see that the one you posted has extra features and a lot of appended code and is more superior and newer however its not working as fine as the one in pic2.

I could not understand whats wrong since am not a coder but however could see there is lot of difference in the code. attached both indies.

heiken_ashi_ma_t3_new.mq4heiken_ashi_ma_t3_new_alert.mq4

I dont have enough time to test manually all signals given, I you could please code the perfectly working indie Heiken_Ashi_MA_T3_new_Alert into a simple EA (which trades on Buy/Sell Signals on any pair/any TF, with simple SL, TP and Trailing Stop (Step TS)features) then we could arrive at a tradable settings sooner.

Thanks again for your fantastic contributions here in this forum.

Mony

Files:

If you repace this code in the indicator
trend[pos] = trend[pos+1];

if (Buffer3[pos] < Buffer4[pos]) trend[pos] = 1;

if (Buffer3[pos] > Buffer4[pos]) trend[pos] = -1;

//

//

//

//

//

if (Step>0)

{

if( MathAbs(Buffer1[pos]-Buffer1[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer1[pos]=Buffer1[pos+1];

if( MathAbs(Buffer2[pos]-Buffer2[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer2[pos]=Buffer2[pos+1];

if( MathAbs(Buffer3[pos]-Buffer3[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer3[pos]=Buffer3[pos+1];

if( MathAbs(Buffer4[pos]-Buffer4[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer4[pos]=Buffer4[pos+1];

}

[/PHP]

with this (just moving the 3 first lines to the end of that code block)
[PHP]if (Step>0)

{

if( MathAbs(Buffer1[pos]-Buffer1[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer1[pos]=Buffer1[pos+1];

if( MathAbs(Buffer2[pos]-Buffer2[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer2[pos]=Buffer2[pos+1];

if( MathAbs(Buffer3[pos]-Buffer3[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer3[pos]=Buffer3[pos+1];

if( MathAbs(Buffer4[pos]-Buffer4[pos+1]) < Step*pointModifier*Point ) Buffer4[pos]=Buffer4[pos+1];

}

trend[pos] = trend[pos+1];

if (Buffer3[pos] < Buffer4[pos]) trend[pos] = 1;

if (Buffer3[pos] > Buffer4[pos]) trend[pos] = -1;

you are going to get arrow on exactly the same places if the parameters are the same. That is the whole difference

mrtools:
Hi SSL,

Thanks a lot mrtools.

However, the indi Heiken Ashi Ma T3 new that ya posted seems to give a lot of false signals (pic 1). I compared it to the another one from the same league that I found in a russian forum Heiken_Ashi_MA_T3_new_Alert which seems to give perfect signals (pic 2), like you see in the below scrshots, for the same Method-Period-Step settings.

I see that the one you posted has extra features and a lot of appended code and is more superior and newer however its not working as fine as the one in pic2.

I could not understand whats wrong since am not a coder but however could see there is lot of difference in the code. attached both indies.

I dont have enough time to test manually all signals given, I you could please code the perfectly working indie Heiken_Ashi_MA_T3_new_Alert into a simple EA (which trades on Buy/Sell Signals on any pair/any TF, with simple SL, TP and Trailing Stop (Step TS)features) then we could arrive at a tradable settings sooner.

Mony

mrtools:
Hi SSL,

Thanks a lot mrtools.

Mony

Thanks for sharing the indicator from the other site.

mrtools:
Hi SSL,

Thanks a lot mrtools.

Mony

Hi Mony,

Attaching the corrected version and apologize for any inconvience,was originally right for some reason i moved the code, why i don't know!!!

heiken_ashi_ma_t3_new_alerts-2.mq4

SSL,

Could you please tell me the settings for the Heikin Ashi ma T3 new alert.

Thank you

settings depend on pair tf & trading style !!!

Rialto:
SSL,

Could you please tell me the settings for the Heikin Ashi ma T3 new alert.

Thank you

Rialto, The settings that I used as on the images posted above for EURUSD 15M were:

MaPeriod: 5

MaMetod: 1

Step: 5

Better Formula: True

T3 Avg: False

T3Hot: 0.618

T3Original: False

ShowArrows: True

Alerts.On = False

Alerts.OnCurrent = false

Alerts.Message= False

Alerts.Sound = false

Alerts.Email = false

I prefer to use only MaPeriod, MaMetod, Step and Better Formula. I dont use T3 values. The MaMethod Period and step you want to use largely depend on your trading style and TFs and Pairs. You need to optimize it for a pair, TF in accordance with your trading style.

MaMethod determines the moving average method. Moving average methods can be :

0 - simple moving average -SMA

1 - exponential moving average -EMA

2 - smoothed moving average -SmoothedMA

3 - linear weighted moving average -LWMA

Set the T3Average to

- true ---to use T3 smoothing in calculation

- false ---a "classical" moving average to be used in calculation.

Thanks a lot mrtools, mladen, newdigital for your fantastic contributions.

Mony

Reason: