How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning - page 13

To add comments, please log in or register
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Are validated seller? and you are selling the subscription to your signal or the products in the Market?
Where did you get the buyers?
What are you doing to get the buyers?

Those are few posts below related to promotion - 

----------------

As the users are asking om PM about how to promote their signals and market products so I am just re-posting this information about.

And just want to remind that the promotion of signals and market products is prohibited on the forum sorry.

-----------

One way to promote your signal is to create any external blog and place a widget there:

This is the my personal example with my google blog:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MQL5 Widget

Sergey Golubev, 2013.06.23 11:51

I installed widget (Top Signals) for my google blog in easy way using this link for example so everybody can do it (widget for some particular signal or signals, or widget for some broker). I did not place it on some other websites because I am not a signal provider and I am not market vendor. But I think that google blogs' promotion as a widget  (together with simple promotion using facebook, twitter and google+) are fully enough to get some subscribers/clients.

But if some signal provider (or Market vendor) wants to get many subscribers/clients so it may be necessary to go to more quick way - go to the other Metatrader forums to promote your signal or product in direct way - just my experience.

And calendar widget: Add the new Economic Calendar widget to your website for free!
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

I just want to remind something which the people are asking all the time - 

----------------

Do you Autotrade?

Modified Metatrader

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.03 08:46

I mean - if all MT5 EAs does not work in your MT5 so you can check the following: autotrading for the EA, in common tab of the EA properties.

Allow Auto Trading — this option allows or prohibits trading using Expert Advisors and scripts. If it is disabled, scripts and Expert Advisors can work, but are not able to trade. This limitation can be useful for testing the analytical capabilities of an Expert Advisor in the real-time mode (not to be confused with testing on history data).

The option enables/disables automated trading for the entire platform. If you disable it, no Expert Advisor will be allowed to trade, even if you enable automated trading individually in the Expert Advisor settings. If you enable it, the Expert Advisors will be allowed to trade, unless automated trading is individually disabled in the Expert Advisor parameters

If everything is fine with the setting but EAs does not work (any EA - how many did you try?) so ask your broker (it may be the broker's limitation).

Modified Metatrader

Sergey Golubev, 2016.08.03 09:38

Where to check autotrading:

and

If you attached EA to the chart and you see "smiling face" so it is fine with autotading (in most of the cases):

If EA's face is not smiling and not happy so you can check everything once again:

It was for MT4 but MT5 is same with this case.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

and more - 

----------------

How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair

MT4 History data generation

Sergey Golubev, 2016.05.28 10:58

Hi peperibal:

It is not a fully related to your questions but it is about what I am doing when I want to backtest/check/trade using some pair for example:

1. I open MT4.

2. Open USDJPY H1 chart (if I want to do something with this pair).

3. Go to Tools - History Center, find this pair and double mouse click on every pair's timeframe so

before double-mouse click on every timeframe there:

after:

So, by this action - I downloaded the history for this pair to MT4.

4. Now I want to transfer this history to the chart (to trade, for backtesting, and so on).

So, I change timeframe for USDJPY chart to M1, right mouse click on any space of the chart and choose 'Refresh', and all history is loaded to the chart - and I can see it from the Journal about how many bars were loaded from my MT4 History Center to this chart:

Same with M5 timeframe (Refresh), same with M15 and so on up to MN.

----

After that only I will backtesting/trading or whatsoever anything with this pair (USDJPY in our example).

Just my experience

And there is the other procedure about how to fix the issue with data/quotes - read this post with instruction here: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/86576/page2#comment_9926954
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, I'm a bit confused about the way MT4 generates history data files...
fxstrategist007
fxstrategist007  
Very good explanation and instructions. Good to learn some hidden features on MT4 or MT5.
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Electra EA ** Released to Elite Members **

Sergey Golubev, 2009.02.15 05:51

And I am strongly recommending to read this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178788 because it is explanation about some classification of the EAs concerning the risk of trading. For example some EAs are very profitable but very risky. And some EAs are risky because of the nature of those EAs. For example, martingale and MTF EAs are very risky because EAs are martingale or MTF. It was coded like that. Some EAs are not risky to trade. It depends of the nature of the EAs and classification.

It is also good to know concerning RAS service: some sellers in RAS are using some systems which are risky one because of the system itself.

For example:

- MTF EAs are more risky than martingale (in most of the cases).

- grid is more risky than MTF;

- breakout systems (manual systems or EAs) are more risky than trend following systems.

And so on.

It is necessary to know the risk which was included inside the system itself.

It is the same as the vehicle is going on 400 km per hour ... 400 km per hour in the town is more risky than 50 km/h, right? And it depends on the classification of the vehicle as well, right?

So, it is the same for EAs ... different classifications ... coded for different cases in the life and so on.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

Extracting structured data from HTML pages using CSS selectors

Extracting structured data from HTML pages using CSS selectors

The MetaTrader development environment enables the integration of applications with external data, in particular with the data obtained from the Internet using the WebRequest function. HTML is the most universal and the most frequently used data format on the web. If a public service does not provide an open API for requests or its protocol is difficult to implement in MQL, the desired HTML pages can be parsed. In particular, traders often use various economic calendars. Although the task is not so relevant now, since the platform features the built-in Calendar, some traders may need specific news from specific sites. Also, we sometimes need to analyze deals from a trading HTML report received from third parties.

The MQL5 ecosystem provides various solutions to the problem, which however are usually specific and have their limitations. On the other hand, there is kind of "native" and universal method to search and parse data from HTML. This method is connected with the use of CSS selectors. In this article we will consider the MQL5 implementation of this method, as well as examples of their practical use.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

A DLL for MQL5 in 10 Minutes (Part II): Creating with Visual Studio 2017

A DLL for MQL5 in 10 Minutes (Part II): Creating with Visual Studio 2017

This article was created as a development of ideas from the earlier published article related to DLL creation with Visual Studio 2005/2008. The original basic article has not lost its relevance and thus if you are interested in this topic, be sure to read the first article. However much time has passed since then, so the current Visual Studio 2017 features an updated interface. The MetaTrader 5 platform has also acquired new features. Obviously, there is a need to update the information and consider some new features. In this article, we will pass all steps from the development of the DLL project in Visual Studio 2017 to connection of a ready DLL to the terminal and its use. 

The article is intended for beginners who want to learn how to create and connect C++ libraries to the terminal.

To add comments, please log in or register