How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning - page 4

As many people are asking about "How to open account with MT5" and "How to add the broker to MT5" so I want to remind the following links:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

PriceChannel Parabolic system

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.15 06:02

You can read this article (TESTING TRADING STRATEGIES ON REAL TICKS).

-------------------

Just an example -

MT4 and very old builds of MT5: I optimized the EAs from this thread just to find good settings for the pair, I was backtesting them, and I traded on demo for some time just to be sure that EAs are profitable.

With new builds of MT5: I will optimize the EAs from this thread to find the settings, and I will backtesting them with 'every tick based on real ticks' - and it will be same as trading by those EA on real account for many months or years!

MT4 & MT5 backtest

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.17 20:53

If you are backtesting EA on MT5 using 'every tick based on real ticks' so it will be almost same with trading on MT5 platform with some particular broker (because it is based on actual historical data).

Example, read this thread: Why is it better MT5 than MT4?? Does it have fewer limitations ??? - this is the quote from the first post of the thread:

• In MT5 you can backtesting robots with the closest possible conditions to the real market natively  (real tick data, real variable spreads, lag, slippage, etc). In MT4 you can't natively. You only can if you pay for a third-party software. If so, you also have to download history data from a few sources (there are many few, almost everyone uses the same source), transform it to MT4 format and open the platform through this third-party software in order to patch MT4 behavior. You take many hours to complete this process, and you have to repeat it every time you want to incorporate new data. 
    We have all seen hundreds of robots that obtained spectacular results in backtesting, but when operating in real account the results were very bad. This is mainly because they were made with conditions that had nothing to do with real market conditions.

For more information about it - read this summary.

--------------

As i know - some coders/traders are converting their MT4 EAs to MT5 just to backtest them and/or to find the settings with optimization to get the backtesting results that are closest to reality. 

MQL5 VPS

(64-bit Metatrader only to use Virtual Hosting)

MQL5.com VPS hosting

Slawa, 2016.06.28 16:36

You can run multiple EAs on one virtual hosting server right now. Without additional pay.

Why do You want pay more money? There are no plans to multiply payments for virtual hosting

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2014.11.07 14:46

Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS

Renting a virtual server right from the MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 terminals is the optimal way to ensure uninterrupted work of your trading robots and Signal subscriptions. Essentially, it is an analogue of a VPS though it is better and more suitable for addressing needs and challenges that a trader comes across. The server can be rented straight from your MetaTrader. It takes only a couple mouse clicks for Experts Advisors, indicators, scripts together with Signal subscriptions and settings to be transferred to the virtual server. The Virtual Hosting Cloud network was developed specially for MetaTrader and has all the advantages of a native solution.

Certainly, there are alternatives to virtual hosting but a closer look reveals that they do not compete. The first thing that comes to mind is using a home computer as a budget option. It could work, however a stable internet connection and uninterrupted power supply are not guaranteed. A VPS can be rented from a suitable provider found on the internet. That could be feasible but it implies a manual search for a server having minimum latency with the required Forex-broker's. Such a puzzle does not suit everyone.

Mt5 VPS

Slawa, 2016.06.28 16:25

It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting

2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)

MQL5 VPS

How it works (videos and there are some prices too).

MQL5 VPS

Just some important information and the changes related to Virtual Hosting

1. Why Virtual Hosting On The MetaTrader 4 And MetaTrader 5 Is Better Than Usual VPS

2. How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting

3. 64-bit Metatrader only to use Virtual Hosting:

Mt5 VPS

Slawa, 2016.06.28 16:25

It must be 64-bit client terminal to use virtual hosting

2016.06.28 17:25:02.177 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 1347 started (MetaQuotes Software Corp.)
4. Trailing stop in virtual hosting - by EA only:

Trailing stop on virtual server

Slawa, 2016.06.28 16:59

No. Trailing stops are not supported by virtual hosting terminal

You can move your stop levels with EA only

5.We can run multiple EAs on one virtual hosting for now:

MQL5.com VPS hosting

Slawa, 2016.06.28 16:36

You can run multiple EAs on one virtual hosting server right now. Without additional pay.

Why do You want pay more money? There are no plans to multiply payments for virtual hosting

MQL5 VPS Description
(MQL5 is the name of this portal, and MQL5 VPS can be used for MT4 and MT5 as well).

Newbie looking to start VPS service

Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.03.15 12:52

1. You have to use a different VPS for every subscription.

2‌. You will be able to see the trades in real time if you open your local MT platform.

3‌. You have to change your setting in advance and synchronize signal again.

4‌. (I am using MT integrated VPS and I am happy with it, I can't tell for others).

5‌. You can renew your subscription from your MQL5.com: Signals >> My Subscriptions (on the left) or through your MT platform, down on the terminal window.

6‌. You can see everything in real time as it happens.

MQL5 VPS
Monitor the trades

--------------

Yes, you can monitor it.

Just watch the following videos here, and the article here: Working with the Virtual Terminal

What the Numbers in the Expert Testing Report Mean 

Any expert can be tested on history data. After the expert has been tested, the summarized expert testing results and some key characteristics are displayed in the "Report" tab. Reports allow comparing to each other both various experts and the working results of the same expert with different inputs working. This article explains how to read such reports and to interpret the obtained results properly.

Reason: