How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning - page 2

How to backtest EAs

How to backtest EAs.

in case the EAs and indicators are already installed in Metatrader.

Starting procedure is the same one:

- Check symbol in 'Market Watch' window (EURUSD should be there, if not - right mouse click on window to install this symbol to the Metatrader).

- Go to 'History Center' and download the data from your broker (double mouse click on timeframe under selected the symbol to download the data from your broker)

- Check 'Max Bars in History' to be maximum one.

and so on.

Watch small video.

1. First backtesting is EA from elite section (author is Tokarus).

2. Second backtesting is EA from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (first version; author is firedave).

--------------

Download Winrar from here (to open attachment)

Ask all your questions on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176352

Files:
backtest_1.rar  1285 kb
backtest_2.rar  960 kb

Please HELP!!! I need a Home for my Wife, Wedding, and Support my ......

Hi traders, I saw some help list for this and that, so thought no harm sharing the thoughts and needs of my heart too.

I hope and look forward to have financial freedom (in fact I understand and know all wants it too) as so I can buy a Home to stay with my Wife (who has faithfully believe in me and be with me) and children, a Wedding Ceremony with wedding pictures which we did not have due to financial issues, and to give my aging parents and in-laws monthly income of at least $800 - $2000 USD or more per month (depends on how much I am earning monthly) and to truly spend time with them, travel with them and let them enjoy their lives before they pass away and will then I have no regrets when they pass away as at least I have done my duty of taking care of them, giving them a good enjoyable life, make them proud, and appreciating them for taking care of me and my wife.

I know that with monthly income from a job (as I did not have a high education) it is not possible to do all the above mentioned. Thankfully, I get to know forex and thought of giving it a try. Had spend some time reading about it, trying out thousands of indicators and EAs, spending precious money seeds on some proclaimed good results EA and strategies but only lead to disappointment till I can't afford but to get free ones available online. Had tried tweaking here and there on the EAs but still it does not work.

I have been wondering how long more do I need to continue such search for better strategies, EAs...etc. Hopefully before my parents and in-laws gets too old to travel and enjoy their lives.

Well...feels good sharing my thoughts, getting 'something' out of my heart and am sorry if anyone finds the above a bother (which I don't mean it that way).

Anyway, currently I'm looking for a good scalping EA (if there is any) or good profitable strategies (EAs will be much preferred as I need the time for my family). If anyone did come across one and don't mind sharing with me, I deeply appreciate and my family and i Thank you so much! Even advice on how to develop or create or search for a profitable EA will be deeply appreciated!

Thank you for taking your time to read.

MetaTrader Manager NEW VERSION ?

i noticed old one expired

can anybody feed the forum ?

How to prepare metatrader for trading - read this thread.

A Little Lesson in Lingo:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181273

how to create template and how to load template

You attached all the indicators to the chart ... and you want to save the settings? Learn how to create template and how to load template.

in case the indicators are already installed in Metatrader.

--------------

Download Winrar from here (to open attachment)

Ask all your questions on this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176352 

--------------

For Metatrader 4 and Metatrader 5

How create template -

• "I customize a chart ..." - in MT4 or MT5; "customize a chart" means everything incl indicators and EA attached to the chart with your selected settings;
  • right mouse click on any place of the chart - Template - Save Template; and save this template with any name.

How to use template -

• open chart,
  • right mouse click on any place of the chart and select your template by name, and the chart will be loaded (with everything you saved during the template creation for example).

How to use external template file (in case someone on the forum placed it) -

• Place template file to template folder (Open Data Folder and find templates folder),
  • after that - open the chart (M5 in our example), right mouse click on any place of the chart and select template by name.
WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
  • www.rarlab.com
We want you to have the best possible experience while using our service. Our website uses cookies to help improve your visit. By using this website, you consent to the use of cookies. For more detailed...

What is pre-set or set file

What is pre-set or set file.

Set files (or pre-set files) are the settings of the EAs.

- To use in trading : during attaching EA to the chart - place set file (pre-set file) to the following folder: [...MQL4\presets] for MT4 or [...MQL5\presets] for MT5, and press 'Load'.

We can also create those files pressing 'Save':

- To use in backtesting or optimizing the settings place the file to the following folder: [...MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\tester] for MT4 or [...MQL5\profiles\tester] for MT5 - and, during attaching EA to the chart - press 'Load'.

We can also create those files pressing 'Save':

Set files are just a settings of the EA. Nothing more. Just a settings. It saves our time because we do not need to type/change the settings in the EA manually. All we need is just to use set files.

If someone is asking you:

"what is the settings in your EA?"

so you will probable will post the set file as a reply (you will create the file with your settings and will attach to your post to the forum).

If someone is asking you:

"what is the settings in your indicators on the chart?"

so you will probable will give template file as a reply.

--------------

Useful Material For System Trading~

hello~ all~~

i'm a new member~

I have a good material~

It's easy guide for beginner who want to start system trading with MT4~

I hope this will help you~~~

http://sys-tra.com/board/general/download_file/49

Ivan Brodvich:
hello~ all~~

i'm a new member~

I have a good material~

It's easy guide for beginner who want to start system trading with MT4~

I hope this will help you~~~

http://sys-tra.com/board/general/download_file/49

Hello Ivan,

Thanks for the material but when i tried to open it got a message it was damaged?

this thread is decompiled~

Reason: