Blessing 2 - page 114

Question on trading pass level 12

Hi, I hope someone could answer this question for me.

In the scenario where margin and balance is sufficient to go over level 12, will blessing still make a profit even after it passes level 12?

thanks

sam_ye2001:

In the scenario where margin and balance is sufficient to go over level 12, will blessing still make a profit even after it passes level 12?

thanks

No. Level 12 is BE

sam_ye2001:

thanks

That depends on your grid distance. If according to default setting, you won't get BE even if your account balance is able to survive 12 levels drawdown. It will end the session in a small loss. See the spreadsheet posted in Page 107, post 1063.

THANKS guys for this updates.

Bobster, the eur usd settings you gave on M30 tf work on 2009 but fail on 2008. The previous settings we have on H4 from Iron work through 2009 and 2008.

I didnt check your gbp usd M30 set yet

thanks

alex

bOBSTERS

your gbpusd settings survived my test on 2008 2009 but using 0.01 start lots on 100000usd balance and EP off

this same test on eurusd didnt survive 2008

worst DD was 4500usd

thanks

Files:

Hmm true, I was only concentrating on 2009 .. didnt look at 2008! The market in 2009 seems a lot different to the market in 2008 ...wonder if we can get any other pairs working for both yrs.

you're right Bobsters,

market is really different this year than it's been in 2008. But what will it be tomorrow ? personaly i prefer to find pairs and set files that survive a very long period including different market conditions, i feel better just in case market changes sudenly. May be i worry to much and it's not usefull...i don't know.

Thanks again for your work on blessing ea. We now have more ways to improve our tests on pairs.

I work long time with systems like martingale.

And as experience comes step by step to me within 2 years I made a rule for myself.

I never test ea's for YEARly performance. I usually check at least 2-3 month.

So then, I usually withdraw profits about 2-3 weeks of work.

I never leave ea working for more than month.

This ea is very good. So I do withdraw every 2 weeks

Yeh I was thinking ... if we can find a Blessing setting that can produce say 30% per month ... then it wont matter if Blessing hits 4 EP's a year (30%*8 - 50%*4 is still net profit). Perhaps thats a good way to think about the returns ? Because it allows for 4 failures every year. (This is assuming you keep withdrawing very frequently of course!)

New Blessing

All,

I sure am glad to see contributions to this EA! By all means, we should make this thing rock harder. It's been doing very well for me ever since FE put it on line and the fixes were added to the micro lots and EP.

I believe Bobster is on to something with a quicker response to the grid for smaller time frames. I will add this bit of caution, however. Blessing was developed for the longer timeframes, ie: daily on the USDJPY. The only pairs that have truly survived to date have set files here. All other pairs have blown up too often to merit.

That being said, if there is a way to crack into a smaller timeframe and other pairs, Bobster may have found the "crack". I've always said that you need to backtest your theories and forward test for profit. I have modified Bobster's default Blessing to accomodate the tested set files above.

The autocal was designed to "flux the grid". It used a hard coded default of 21 days. Bobster's changes allow you to change the time frame and the period to use. As such, in order to keep the old files viable, the default settings with this new version of Blessing will have the timeframe set at 1440 and the period set to 21. Again, this is so you can use the set files previous published.

I will inform FifthElement of the new change and get it posted to the first page. Any set files that are developed for other pairs will continue to remain in that posters "post" and not the first page. Set files may be the key to Blessing's success and should remain the posters work.

Nice job to all who help make this EA successful!

Happy Trading

bobsters:
Hi all,

I'm attaching here a slight modification I've made to Blessing which I think is increasing profitability and decreasing the risk. Basically, its a change to the AutoCal logic which works out the grid size. You can now specify the AutoCalTF and the AutoCalPeriod in the EA inputs. I've made the default as H1 with period of 24. i.e. it will use the last 24 hours' ATR range to work out the optimal grid size. Blessing 5.1 has this setting hardcoded to looking at the past 21 days which I think is too much. In my version 5.2, I've exposed this settings as a setting to the EA which you can change and experiment with.

I'm attaching settings for GBPUSD on M30 which work really well in 2009 (backtest attached - 21% max drawdown) - feel free to experiment some more and do post back your results for GBPUSD and other pairs as well!

Thanks.

PS. AutoCalTF must be one of the number of minutes in your timeframe, e.g. H1 is 60, H4 is 240, D1 is 1440. It will not work if you set it to a non-standard timeframe like 120 (because there is no H2).

Edit: FIXED GBPUSD set FILE !

Edit 2: See here for an updated GBPUSD backtest with no modelling errors: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178702/page76
Files:
Reason: