Blessing 2 - page 63

Slack:
Yes. I started w/3K acct, but like you, thought the EA was a too aggressive, so I turned off the MM and set lots to start at .01. I waited till I had another 1.5K to deposit and then turned on the MM.

Blessing is the only EA I'm running; not many of them are worth the time.

FYI - I'm now getting a error message w/FXCC. Is it Vista/Win7 friendly or did I do something wrong?

With MM ON u should have started with 0.01. It seems like you used "microaccounttype 10".

Sometimes the software stucks for some reason. So I basically delete the account and redo everything and it works

Togu:
With MM ON u should have started with 0.01. It seems like you used "microaccounttype 10". Sometimes the software stucks for some reason. So I basically delete the account and redo everything and it works

I'm not sure that is correct. One of the features of the MM is it controls the lot size; with it off, the user controls the starting position:

Files:

New Blessing v4.9

All,

I've put a new version of Blessing v4.9 on this post but the first post should be updated shortly. The set files remain the same.

I found a bug in the auto calculation feature of the auto grid that didn't allow for an auto grid calculation with 5 decimal brokers. Additionally, 5 decimal brokers were reporting their iATR values about 10% different then the norm therefore the autodecimal selection feature also autocorrects for this issue.

Summary of Changes:

Auto grid fixed for 5 decimal brokers

iATR normalized between 4 and 5 decimal brokers for accuracy

Auto decimal selection now initialized in init section

Alert for Account balance changed to Message box which identifies pair and timeframe of pair below account balance

POSL auto pipvalue detection fixed

I've backtested the fix for accuracy and normalization between Tradeview (5 decimal broker) and IBFX (4 decimal broker) and Blessing now cooks just fine with the 5 decimal auto grid.

Note that Alpari doesn't allow an initial lot of .01 to be selected (error 131 code). You need a broker capable of trading down to the micro lot (not to be confused with micro account, penny a pip!)

Note: I removed v4.9 from here and put it in a later post!

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
All,

Thanks for reporting all of your messages while runninng Blessing. The Autogrid feature gave me a huge headache! Well, I found the error and it was a very simple thing indeed.

I have removed the v4.9 I posted earlier as that autocal was messed up. Please overwrite your v4.9 with the one posted here.

This one works....no really! I'll tell you what the issue was. On 4 decimal brokers, digits are reported in 2 and 4 depending on the pair traded. JPY based pairs have 2 digits and EUR has 4. On 5 decimal platforms, they are reported in 5 and 3 decimal formats repectively.

Well, just like the autodecimal selection feature in the init section, I had to place this same feature in the autocalc section because iATR grabbed this info based on the pair (of course...duh!). I didn't use that as a comparitor, I used Point value and point value was inaccurate on 5 decimal platforms because it wouldn't report at all on EUR or AUD based pairs (thus the zero divide error on Alpari). I changed the comparitor to Digits and Wa La, the fix works fine!

Additionally, the most recent error reported on IBFX micro got me concerned so working on it for the last two hours, I found the error of using point vs digit. This version works on IBFX standard and micro, Tradeview (5 decimal) and FXDD. I tested it on all pairs (that's how I found the digit vs point error) on all platforms and autocal works...now.

Please overwrite your version 4.9 with this one. I did not want to create a new version because each past version works and I didn't want a version floating around that didn't!

Happy Trading

v/r

Appriciate your work so far!! you are the best! Allow me ask a question. As you have stated 250USD minimum per pair would it survived on Oct last year??

EA survival

All,

I was posed a question regarding whether Blessing would have survived last October with just $250.

Short answer, yes.

Long Answer. Blessing is tested on standard platforms to come up with set files based on it's minimum pair size of $2500. Tests have shown that $2500 is the minimum amount that Blessing needs to work it's magic. Obviously, if you have an IBFX micro, $250 would be the minimum.

If you try to use Blessing with less than that, you will not like the results. Additionally, MM will not increase from the base lot of .01 until that pair has enough balance to set the base lot to .02 or higher.

I encourage everyone to come up set files that work. Learn how to backtest and adjust Blessing for your needs. USDJPY is the pair for which Blessing has worked best since developement. USDCAD and AUDCAD are working very well. EURUSD is an aggressive pair for Blessing but it does work too.

Good Luck!

v/r

lron:
All,

I was posed a question regarding whether Blessing would have survived last October with just $250.

Short answer, yes.

Long Answer. Blessing is tested on standard platforms to come up with set files based on it's minimum pair size of $2500. Tests have shown that $2500 is the minimum amount that Blessing needs to work it's magic. Obviously, if you have an IBFX micro, $250 would be the minimum.

If you try to use Blessing with less than that, you will not like the results. Additionally, MM will not increase from the base lot of .01 until that pair has enough balance to set the base lot to .02 or higher.

I encourage everyone to come up set files that work. Learn how to backtest and adjust Blessing for your needs. USDJPY is the pair for which Blessing has worked best since developement. USDCAD and AUDCAD are working very well. EURUSD is an aggressive pair for Blessing but it does work too.

Good Luck!

v/r

Thanks for the comment. I was asking that cuz IBFX doesn't give the history data so I couldn't backtest it. Thanks again

alex84:
Here is my live account

Hi Alex,

When did you start live trading. How much did you start with and what is you 5gain so far?

Eddie

Blessing v4.9 Fix

All,

Thanks for reporting all of your messages while runninng Blessing. The Autogrid feature gave me a huge headache! Well, I found the error and it was a very simple thing indeed.

I have removed the v4.9 I posted earlier as that autocal was messed up. Please overwrite your v4.9 with the one posted here.

This one works....no really! I'll tell you what the issue was. On 4 decimal brokers, digits are reported in 2 and 4 depending on the pair traded. JPY based pairs have 2 digits and EUR has 4. On 5 decimal platforms, they are reported in 5 and 3 decimal formats repectively.

Well, just like the autodecimal selection feature in the init section, I had to place this same feature in the autocalc section because iATR grabbed this info based on the pair (of course...duh!). I didn't use that as a comparitor, I used Point value and point value was inaccurate on 5 decimal platforms because it wouldn't report at all on EUR or AUD based pairs (thus the zero divide error on Alpari). I changed the comparitor to Digits and Wa La, the fix works fine!

Additionally, the most recent error reported on IBFX micro got me concerned so working on it for the last two hours, I found the error of using point vs digit. This version works on IBFX standard and micro, Tradeview (5 decimal) and FXDD. I tested it on all pairs (that's how I found the digit vs point error) on all platforms and autocal works...now.

Please overwrite your version 4.9 with this one. I did not want to create a new version because each past version works and I didn't want a version floating around that didn't!

Go to later post for version 5.0!

Happy Trading

v/r

I started trading live early february with 8000 EUROS (about 10500usd)

As i said before my average return is 12%

Here is my live account

Files:
alex.bmp  944 kb