Blessing 2 - page 108

eusanka:
Yes Sue, I have traded Blessing with MCbyMA = false. This EA is semi automatic and if you believe that the currency pair should go in one direction you set MCbyMA to false and then adjust MC to either 0 (long) or short (1). /Andreas

Thanks Andreas

As I'm not that good at predicting future market movements I think I'd better stick to MCbyMA = True.

Sue

georgedim:
Hello Rob

If you are using MA greater than 26, and LAF greater than 0.26 is a sure way to blow your accounts.

If you are using MA 100, and LAF 1, with MM ‘True’, the result will be “Boooooooom” (if I may use DAVIDKE20’s expression), in about 3 months time.

I am using MA 5 for Aud/Usd and MA 25 or 26 for Eur/Usd with very good results.

Anyhow, that is my observation and Do Not take it for granted.

Best Regards

George

George

What TF's are you using on the 5 MA for A/U & 25/26 MA for E/U?

Thanks

Sue

PipGoddesss:
George

What TF's are you using on the 5 MA for A/U & 25/26 MA for E/U?

Thanks

Sue

Hello PipGoddesss,

I am using 4h on both.

How did you go with your level 11 trade?

Best Regards,

George

lron:
All,

This is a good example of folks not understanding what account sizes or brokers to use. First, Blessing is tested on a standard account to determine proper set files. A standard account is 1 Lot = $10/pip.

IBFX is a broker that allows you to have a micro account. That means that 1 Lot = $1/pip. Now, this fact doesn't necessarily mean you can trade "micro" lots. The minimum amount to safely trade Blessing on one of the recommended pairs is $2500 (standard account). You would need to have a broker that allows you to trade down to the micro lot and not all do.

All this being said, you can have a micro account at IBFX as stated above. This basically means you would need a minimum of $250 per recommended pair. So, Blessing trades on small accounts! That is why there is a setting in the menu of Blessing that asks "IBFXmicro?". So, Feline, open a demo micro at IBFX.

I run an IBFX micro live account with about $2300. This gives me the option of portioning which allows me to trade all four recommended pairs. I portion each pair to 3 which gives each pair access to around $700. On a micro account, that is way more than the minimum of $250 required.

Go hereand get the set files, they work on a micro account too. If you want to trade all 4 recommended pairs, have at least $1000 in a micro account. Give each a portion of 4. Each will then have access to $250, the minimum necessary on a micro account.

Happy Trading

v/r

Jeff

This is a good example Jeff but I do not understand why everyone is talking so good about IBFX? I have been using this broker for a while and have come to a conclusion that they widen the spread like crazy and have high swap rate. Take the example of USDJPY which I am trading with Blessing, IBFX takes -$0.13/mini lot (buy) while other brokers have $0 in swap. Can someone explain that......

/Andreas

eusanka:
Yes Sue, I have traded Blessing with MCbyMA = false. This EA is semi automatic and if you believe that the currency pair should go in one direction you set MCbyMA to false and then adjust MC to either 0 (long) or short (1). /Andreas

Would it be a good idea to set blessing to go only in the direction of the carry trade, buying the pairs with positive rollover income since blessing do carry some balance from time to time and it profits going in any direction anyway after the retraces?

eusanka:
This is a good example Jeff but I do not understand why everyone is talking so good about IBFX? I have been using this broker for a while and have come to a conclusion that they widen the spread like crazy and have high swap rate. Take the example of USDJPY which I am trading with Blessing, IBFX takes -$0.13/mini lot (buy) while other brokers have $0 in swap. Can someone explain that...... /Andreas

If you want to trade penny-pips on a small account, IBFX is pretty much

the only game in town. Otherwise, there's a wide world of brokers offering

a minimum pip-value of 10-cents.

Rob

Thank you Iron for helping us. I decided to try IBFX, but I have some problem connecting their demo server, so im not able to open a demo account at least for now.. Could you please suggest any other brokers (offering micro accounts) that you have experience with?

feline207:
Thank you Iron for helping us. I decided to try IBFX, but I have some problem connecting their demo server, so im not able to open a demo account at least for now.. Could you please suggest any other brokers (offering micro accounts) that you have experience with?

I had the same problem with my new demo accounts. I thought it had

something to do with my security software/firewall. I complained via

Live Chat and they gave me a new download link, which is working

fine. It supposedly has the new "fixes."

Rob

New Version on First Page

Reserved and moved.

lron:
Gents,

I've said it before....Blessing autodetects the brokers decimal. If you are a programmer, you can see in the init section that it looks for Digits of 3 or 5 which are 5 decimal brokers. If it detects a 5 decimal broker, it will set everything correctly for you! No need to add a zero in any of your grid numbers!

v/r

Hi Iron,

I tested this EA with other brokers with 5 decimal places no problem until i tried FXCM. The EA basically did not open a pending order at all when I use FXCM broker. I am not sure whether it is because of the fractional pip applied by FXCM as mentioned in the FAQ:

".....

Fractional pips

The FXCM Trader 4 is unique in that it quotes to 5 decimals (3 decimals for JPY pairs) to provide fractional pricing. Whenever entering prices or deviation amounts, the last digit will always be recognized as a fraction of a pip. Therefore, if entering the number 20 for maximum deviation, this will translate into 2.0 pips. Entering the number 2 will allow a deviation of 0.2

pips and NOT 2 pips.

Special Note for EA Users:

Expert advisors will need to be programmed to recognize the 4th digit as the whole pip instead of the last digit which is a fractional pip.

......."

I am just wondering whether this is an exception for one particular broker like FXCM?

any help is very much appreciated.

Sam

Reason: