Blessing 2 - page 121

jack042:
I have asked my broker and finally they agree to reduce the lot increment to 0.01 lot.

Be careful. Those may be .01 lots, but the pips are 10-cents. You'll need

a big balance, if you expect your account to survive.

Rob

jack042:
Hi All, My FXDD mini account only permits trade size in the basis of 0.1 lot increment. Invalid trade volume will show if Blessing EA opens 0.14 lot order, etc. Do you guys know how to change the Blessing EA settings so that it can open order correctly?

FXDD offers micro accounts that allow increments of 0.01--0.09

You may want to consider changing the type of account you have with them.

Cheers

ChicagoRob:

Rob

Hi Rob, you're right... as a 0.1 lotsize = 10k units = $1/pip.

so I guess 0.01 = 10cent/pip. What sort of account size do you define as "big ballance" with this settup ?

jolinsz:
I have a blessing demo account that started at 3000.00 2 months ago and now it up 4297 but it is trading 16 currency pairs with EURUSD. All on the daily settings. The biggest drawdown on this is account so far that I am aware of has been 434.00. I am no expert but a new trader and been doing this since Nov 2009. Started with FAPS and almost lost my entire 1500 investment but learned alot thru that experience. I am not saying that the blessing is the holy grail, no ea is, but I think the philosphy is sound, you can decide your own tolerance level for drawdown and what you are willing to risk. For a free ea, I am not aware of anything else that works this consistently.

This reminds me of the time I ran an older version of Blessing on eight pairs,

at .1 lots, with a $10K account. The rate of return was amazing. Of course,

I broke all the rules, but it was a demo and I wanted to see what would

happen(can you guess?).

Like most of the seasoned Blessing users, you will find that "conservative"

is the way to stay in the safety zone.

Rob

ChicagoRob:

Rob

It is correct ChicagoRob, the account has 0.01 lot increment with 10cents/pip. How much do you think the minimum balance that I should have.

jack042:
It is correct ChicagoRob, the account has 0.01 lot increment with 10cents/pip. How much do you think the minimum balance that I should have.

The consensus seems to be $2500-$10,000, for a standard account. Based

on what I've seen with live trading, I would recommend $7500 min. balance.

Rob

jolinsz:
I have been trading the blessing 2 live now for 2 months so far success with the old settings which were daily and the new settings Iron posted for 4 hr and daily TF. I guess I am happy because so far this is the first EA that I have had this much success. I started my account at the first of May with 2870 and now it 3252. So approx 15% for the month. No money management 0.01 lots IBFX mini account. I think the longer time frame like the 4hr and daily settings is best for this ea. I check my account each day before I go to work and decide if I need to change portion control. With the recent run up on the USDJPY, I increased my portion control to give the ea more breathing room. I have the philosphy that what goes up must come down and what goes down must come up. I do not trade the EURUSD it is too volatile and bad news on nonfarm payroll day can send this currency pair off the deep end. I have a blessing demo account that started at 3000.00 2 months ago and now it up 4297 but it is trading 16 currency pairs with EURUSD. All on the daily settings. The biggest drawdown on this is account so far that I am aware of has been 434.00. I am no expert but a new trader and been doing this since Nov 2009. Started with FAPS and almost lost my entire 1500 investment but learned alot thru that experience. I am not saying that the blessing is the holy grail, no ea is, but I think the philosphy is sound, you can decide your own tolerance level for drawdown and what you are willing to risk. For a free ea, I am not aware of anything else that works this consistently.

i have a demo account on all of the 4 currency pairs we are talking about here. started from 10k and is now on 18,000 for about 4-5 weeks

http://feline207.mt4stats.com

jack042:
Hi All, My FXDD mini account only permits trade size in the basis of 0.1 lot increment. Invalid trade volume will show if Blessing EA opens 0.14 lot order, etc. Do you guys know how to change the Blessing EA settings so that it can open order correctly?

I RUN fxdd live blessing and it opens 0.01 lots and increments 0.01

make sure you reduced the LAF like let say 0.1 if you have a big balance

ChicagoRob:
The consensus seems to be $2500-$10,000, for a standard account. Based

on what I've seen with live trading, I would recommend $7500 min. balance.

Rob

This balance size is per traded pair of course

feline207:
i have a demo account on all of the 4 currency pairs we are talking about here. started from 10k and is now on 18,000 for about 4-5 weeks MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

what TF and settings you have??

Reason: