Blessing 2 - page 116

Thanks guys, do keep posting your results!

BTW, I just tried backtesting my gbpusdm30 settings using the H4 chart. Same set file, but H4 chart - it does pretty well on there as well. So try it out

be carefull guys because the DD you'll see live will be higher than the DD you have in backtests

I already noticed that on most of the recommended pairs, so i guess it could be same with gbp usd

thanks guys for contributions

Iron or someone else

i have a question

if i run a backtest with bobsters set file (gbpusd) on a 2000usd account i got same results as he does. The start lots are 0.01 too

If i run the same backtest with same set file on a 10000usd account setting LAF to 0.1 so it keeps trading 0.01 start lots then the backtest looks different and the DD is 4500usd instead of 642 usd. Start lots being same i dont get it.

Is it because of the LAF ? Is the LAF used in the trade lots calculation or the grids ?

thanks

Laf

The Lot Adjustment Factor (LAF) is used for very large accounts. It is used in the autolot calculation feature and is generally used to reduce the lot size the Blessing autocalculates. It is used no where else.

You always have the option of going manual lots. In fact, if you have large accounts, I would recommend setting the MM feature to false and just using manual lots.

v/r

alex84:
Iron or someone else

i have a question

if i run a backtest with bobsters set file (gbpusd) on a 2000usd account i got same results as he does. The start lots are 0.01 too

If i run the same backtest with same set file on a 10000usd account setting LAF to 0.1 so it keeps trading 0.01 start lots then the backtest looks different and the DD is 4500usd instead of 642 usd. Start lots being same i dont get it.

Is it because of the LAF ? Is the LAF used in the trade lots calculation or the grids ?

thanks

OK thanks IRon

so how do you explain this backtests differences just changing the start balance size ?

updated first post to version 5.2

FiFtHeLeMeNt:
updated first post to version 5.2

whats up with version 5.2. it does not cooperate really well with your set files right ?

OrderSend Error 131

bobsters,

I've downloaded your EA and settings (v5.2) from your posts #1128 and #1129. I ran the EA on Alpari MT4 build 224's Strategy Tester with Forex Tester's GBPUSD data.

I tested from 2008/05/1 to 2009/05/1 on M30.

I got a lot of "OrderSend Error 131" on my Journal. No trades are placed.

Grateful if you could point out where I've missed.

Files:

Not sure, 131 means invalid trade volume and I havent touched that at all. Try v5.1 and see if you get the same error. Also try a different broker - perhaps your broker doesnt allow 0.01 as a starting lot size.

georgedim:
Hello Antomy,

Great work, Thanks

Best Regards

George

Hi George,

Are you still using these settings? I opened a 500usd demo on 6 May. Today up almost 11% with very little DD.

Rgds

Ed

Reason: