Blessing 2 - page 119

Here you go Bobster.. I am using FXDD..

-RJ1-

bobsters:
Interesting results! Which broker are you using? Do you mind posting your statements here as well? I used my settings over the past 2 weeks, and didnt have as much success as you did! Would like to see what was different. Haven't tried other pairs yet, will do in a week or so.

brt1:
How can it crash with the 50% account balance SL? I am demoing it with a 5k account. I have initial account size set to 1k and portion at 7, so right now on the grid it is showing a portion amount of roughly 700.00 so the account balance or equity SL should kick in at -350.00. Does that sound right? Thanks!

well i don't understand why youre doing it that way. is this on a micro account or no ? cause if you are trading 10cent/pip portion amount of 700 is small and it is a little bit too risky even with ep off. and why do run it on a 5000 demo account and only use 1/7 of it ? and why is the initial balance value different ? i really dont understand. i do it another way. if i backtest or forwardtest it i use lets say 2000-2500 initial balance (if EP is on). if you turn that off it can use half of that ammount and it would be the same thing. my point is that if i backtest bobsters files from april till now - its ok, i mean its good and almost as profitable is irons,it also has smaller drawdown which is really great. but if i go back in time before april bobsters file crash. for example 1st march-may 2009 backtest - no matter what initial balance i use. it can be 2k or 10k - doesn't matter. it will hit EP or it will wipe out the account if EP is off. it does not happen with irons set files. perhaps it is my mistake and its related to the backtest and it wont happen in realtime, cause i seriously doubt that it CANNOT survive march with 10,000usd on 1 currency pair.. what i said is related to eurusd only. i don't know about other pairs.

to RJ1: i am sorry about the stupid quesion but how can i get a chart like this when i am trading it realtime? i know how to get it in backtests but otherwise?

RJ1:
Here you go Bobster.. I am using FXDD.. -RJ1-

Thanks. Your account suddenly started from 0.1 lots in the middle instead of starting from 0.01 lots. That caused your high profit, and it would have meant much higher risk as well. Did you change anything midway to make it use 0.1 lots instead of 0.01 ? Did you turn off MM ?

As I explained in my previous post, yes, I did change it midway by turning off the MM. I actually want to test the EquityProtection, where frankly I hope to see my account goes bad until the EquityProtection kicks into play. That is why I turned off MM and start with 0.1 . Well, it didnt happen, I had small DD and the great trades haha..

-RJ1-

bobsters:
Thanks. Your account suddenly started from 0.1 lots in the middle instead of starting from 0.01 lots. That caused your high profit, and it would have meant much higher risk as well. Did you change anything midway to make it use 0.1 lots instead of 0.01 ? Did you turn off MM ?

RJ1:
As I explained in my previous post, yes, I did change it midway by turning off the MM. I actually want to test the EquityProtection, where frankly I hope to see my account goes bad until the EquityProtection kicks into play. That is why I turned off MM and start with 0.1 . Well, it didnt happen, I had small DD and the great trades haha.. -RJ1-

Ah sorry didnt read that! Cool

feline207:
well i don't understand why youre doing it that way. is this on a micro account or no ? cause if you are trading 10cent/pip portion amount of 700 is small and it is a little bit too risky even with ep off. and why do run it on a 5000 demo account and only use 1/7 of it ? and why is the initial balance value different ? i really dont understand. i do it another way. if i backtest or forwardtest it i use lets say 2000-2500 initial balance (if EP is on). if you turn that off it can use half of that ammount and it would be the same thing. my point is that if i backtest bobsters files from april till now - its ok, i mean its good and almost as profitable is irons,it also has smaller drawdown which is really great. but if i go back in time before april bobsters file crash. for example 1st march-may 2009 backtest - no matter what initial balance i use. it can be 2k or 10k - doesn't matter. it will hit EP or it will wipe out the account if EP is off. it does not happen with irons set files. perhaps it is my mistake and its related to the backtest and it wont happen in realtime, cause i seriously doubt that it CANNOT survive march with 10,000usd on 1 currency pair.. what i said is related to eurusd only. i don't know about other pairs. to RJ1: i am sorry about the stupid quesion but how can i get a chart like this when i am trading it realtime? i know how to get it in backtests but otherwise?

Yes, micro account...Ok I didnt realize the float percent was an adjustable variable. I was just trying to limit the crash to only 350 dollars or so out of a 5k account and hope that the increases between the crashes would give it a positive curve. Haven't backtested it though.....

teknoesen:
Hi George,

Are you still using these settings? I opened a 500usd demo on 6 May. Today up almost 11% with very little DD.

Rgds

Ed

Hello, Ed

Here is 4 months of demo trading, with 4 currencies.

As you can see the .set file is performing best on Eur/Usd. I am using the same .set file for all the currencies, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Can someone optimize, and post good set-file for Usd/Chf???

Best Regards

George

Files:
may_2009.rar  242 kb

Set Files

All,

It's good to see folks working Blessing 2. I had the opportunity to take the set files used in v5.1 and convert them to v5.2. They are attached here.

I'm having troubles getting v5.2 to backtest with Bobster's set files. I can only say that v5.2 has the ability to "work the grid" for more flexiblity but to date, I can only recommend the set files attached.

Go forth and keep trying....

Happy Trading

v/r

Set Files

Hi Iron,

I thought you said Blessing was designed for daily timeframe, and the previous set files were for daily. Why these new set files are for H4 (except for usdjpy)? Would that be more risky?

Please advise. Thanks!

lron:
All,

It's good to see folks working Blessing 2. I had the opportunity to take the set files used in v5.1 and convert them to v5.2. They are attached here.

I'm having troubles getting v5.2 to backtest with Bobster's set files. I can only say that v5.2 has the ability to "work the grid" for more flexiblity but to date, I can only recommend the set files attached.

Happy Trading

v/r

lron:
All,

Happy Trading

v/r

Thank you, Jeff, Bobster... and the rest of the Blessing crew!

Reason: