Hi Rob

What level do you have on USDJPY now ?

There is a very strong bearish trend.

Coming up on ten levels. Yes, this is a strong bearish

trend. There's another support level at 94.14, but it will

take us to level 11 before we hit it.

Rob

Blessing on 5-decimal

Some of my platforms are still using mix of Blessing v4.6 &v 4.8. Can someone kindly advise if these versions can handle 5-decimal trading to be implemented by IBFX?

Nice work, Bobsters. Thank you very much!

low quality of backtest

hi bobster..

your backtest, there is no modelling quality and have too many Mismatched charts errors...

i've tested v5.2 with your set file, M30, with 90% modelling quality, it blown up the acc.

-Junn-

Hmmm thanks for the feedback ..

Apologies! I'd attachd the wrong gbpusd set file. Could you please try using the new one? i edited my first post with the new one.

Hi all,

I'm attaching here a slight modification I've made to Blessing which I think is increasing profitability and decreasing the risk. Basically, its a change to the AutoCal logic which works out the grid size. You can now specify the AutoCalTF and the AutoCalPeriod in the EA inputs. I've made the default as H1 with period of 24. i.e. it will use the last 24 hours' ATR range to work out the optimal grid size. Blessing 5.1 has this setting hardcoded to looking at the past 21 days which I think is too much. In my version 5.2, I've exposed this settings as a setting to the EA which you can change and experiment with.

I'm attaching settings for GBPUSD on M30 which work really well in 2009 (backtest attached - 21% max drawdown) - feel free to experiment some more and do post back your results for GBPUSD and other pairs as well!

Thanks.

PS. AutoCalTF must be one of the number of minutes in your timeframe, e.g. H1 is 60, H4 is 240, D1 is 1440. It will not work if you set it to a non-standard timeframe like 120 (because there is no H2).

Edit: FIXED GBPUSD set FILE !

Edit 2: See here for an updated GBPUSD backtest with no modelling errors: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178702

Attaching my backtests with no modelling errors. Please note I'd attached the wrong gbpusd set file when I posted Blessing 5.2. I've fixed that post now.

and here's a profitable backtest and settings for eurusd, with Blessing 5.2 on my previous post. Its M30 again.

Edit: Removed backtest with modelling errors. See here for an updated backtest: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178702

Files:

bobsters:
and here's a profitable backtest and settings for eurusd, with Blessing 5.2 on my previous post. Its M30 again. Edit: Removed backtest with modelling errors. See here for an updated backtest: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178702/page76

Thanks bobster for the set files and ver 5.2.

I noticed that the set file for EURUSD M30, the AutocalTF is 1440 while AutoCalPeriod is 5. Is that correct? The one for GBPUSD is 60 & 24 respectively.

I thought all these 2 set files are for M30 charts, is the AutoCalTF of EU coorect - 1440 ?

Correct. Both use M30 charts, but EURUSD uses the range from the past 5 D1 candles (D1 is 1440 mins), and GBPUSD uses the range from the past 24 H1 candles (H1 is 60mins) .

Reason: