Elite indicators :) - page 347

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

tradepar

I gues you are referring to the centered TMA. Centered TMA is (as its name is saying) a centered moving average. Centered moving averages (none of the centered moving averages) can not be made a "non-repainting" since they have to extrapolate the part of data they are missing on the right side and there is no "non-recalculating" extrapolation method known so far.

TMA itself (triangular moving average) on the other hand does not repaint nor does it recalculate, and is part of the averages indicator (this one : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general - choose method 5 for TMA)

regards

Mladen

tradepar:
Hi mladen,

Someone pointed me to using TMA. But it repaints badly. Is there a non repainting version ?

Thanks a lot

tradepar
tradepar
tradepar  

Yes mladen. You are right.

Thank you for a prompt response.

tradepar

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

In the original I did name it "TMA centered" (I still have it under that name on my PC), but I guess that people prefer shorter names and it started to circle around as "TMA" only instead. If it kept its original name I guess some misexpectations would be avoided

Glad that it is sorted out anyway

regards

Mladen

tradepar:
Yes mladen. You are right.

Thank you for a prompt response.

tradepar
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

hazelj80

The way it is written it uses metatrader built in fractals indicator - which means that it will repaint. In my experience, alerts on repainting indicators are not that useful (and, in some cases, they are impossible to catch, since the conditions that would mean triggering alert will "appear" only in history)

regards

Mladen

hazelj80:
hello again everyone. i was wondering if i could get an email alert for this indicator that alerts once per candle when price breaks through one pip above or one pip below the dots? couldn't find one like it.
hazelj80
hazelj80  
mladen:
hazelj80

The way it is written it uses metatrader built in fractals indicator - which means that it will repaint. In my experience, alerts on repainting indicators are not that useful (and, in some cases, they are impossible to catch, since the conditions that would mean triggering alert will "appear" only in history)

regards

Mladen

yeah that sucks. i like fractals though. oh well.

but how about converting this new candle alarm to an email alert?

Files:
traderduke
traderduke  

mladen

Is there a way to add timecondition to a indicator or must it be converted to an EA?? I have this indicator that Altoronto kindly provided, I have been trying to convert to timecondition but no success. Can you help me??

Thank you

Ray

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Ray

It works

All you have to change is the line that goes like this (line 83)
if (TimeCondition()) [/php]
to something like this
[php] if (!TimeCondition()) { Comment("out of time limits"); return(0); }
So no conversion to EA is needed
traderduke:
mladen

Is there a way to add timecondition to a indicator or must it be converted to an EA?? I have this indicator that Altoronto kindly provided, I have been trying to convert to timecondition but no success. Can you help me??

Thank you

Ray
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

hazelj80

Add this (adjust the message and the subject to your needs) after the line 39 that is saying Alert(...) in the code

SendMail("New candle formed","a new candle has been formed"):
hazelj80:
yeah that sucks. i like fractals though. oh well. but how about converting this new candle alarm to an email alert?
hazelj80
hazelj80  
mladen:
hazelj80

Add this (adjust the message and the subject to your needs) after the line 39 that is saying Alert(...) in the code

SendMail("New candle formed","a new candle has been formed"):

cool! thanks mladen.

sager22
sager22  

how are you great malden i hope you are ok

would please help me to convert this indicators into mtf version

Files:
cc.mq4 18 kb