Elite indicators :) - page 349

peekaboo:
Hi MrTools,

I was wondering if you could tell me what settings you are using for your two linear regression lines ?

Thanks

On an hourly chart using timeframe=240,LrsPeriod = 20,Price = 2, on the other everything else the same except Price = 3.

updated volty

This is Volty Channel Stop now using double smooth jurik or regular jurik your choice, visual mode is the same 1 for dots,0 for lines. If you use either 2(high) or 3(low) as price then the indicator will use high and low jurik in its calculations, otherwise will use regular calculations. The alerts are on color(trend) change and now it mtf.

mrtools:
This is Volty Channel Stop now using double smooth jurik or regular jurik your choice, visual mode is the same 1 for dots,0 for lines. If you use either 2(high) or 3(low) as price then the indicator will use high and low jurik in its calculations, otherwise will use regular calculations. The alerts are on color(trend) change and now it mtf.

This is a fantastic indicator to use with divergences,question:the pic you posted was with double smooth or just regular?I mean ,does it need the umbrella to complement the drink?

SIMBA:
This is a fantastic indicator to use with divergences,question:the pic you posted was with double smooth or just regular?I mean ,does it need the umbrella to complement the drink?

Simba if i remember right double smooth, length around 5 ish , i need the umbrella for them shots to go down smoooooth

Hello,

When the attached indicator signals, it prints a dot

But when you plot the indicator in history, it only plots dots when the signal was valid at end of candle

What I want is for that indicator to print dots back in history whenever a signal was valid right from candle open (even if at that candle close the dot is not plotted because the signal wasn't valid anymore)

Files:

camisa

It works with high and low price and those prices can not be altered since then it would become a different indicator. What it means is that it can not be made to work on the open of the bar. Shifting it (as in shoowing the signal of the previous bar as a valid signal at the open of the bar) would not help either since it would simply add 1 bar lag to the whole thing

camisa:
Hello,

When the attached indicator signals, it prints a dot

But when you plot the indicator in history, it only plots dots when the signal was valid at end of candle

What I want is for that indicator to print dots back in history whenever a signal was valid right from candle open (even if at that candle close the dot is not plotted because the signal wasn't valid anymore)

mladen:
camisa It works with high and low price and those prices can not be altered since then it would become a different indicator. What it means is that it can not be made to work on the open of the bar. Shifting it (as in shoowing the signal of the previous bar as a valid signal at the open of the bar) would not help either since it would simply add 1 bar lag to the whole thing

I understand that signal can change until end of candle; but I don't care about that; what I want is simply: at bar open signal is valid? then print a dot (even if signal isn't valid at candle close)

I know this is doable because someone coded a similar task for me that I attach here: the attached indicator printed an arrow whenever a simple MACD histogram crossed the signal line; but if the cross wasn't there at candle close, the arrow disappeared

I asked a guy to recode that indicator so that it always printed the arrow even if MACD uncrossed during candle....

"what I want is simply: at bar open signal is valid?"

What does that mean : that at a moment of closing of a previous bar (and implicitly opening of a new bar) the state of a signal on a previous bar was "something?

If yes, than it is the lag that I am talking about - it inherits the state of the previous bar at its close and remembers it as a state at the open of a new bar and keeps it unchanged regardless of the current bar changes. If not, then please clarify what does that sentence mean

regards

Mladen

camisa:
I understand that signal can change until end of candle; but I don't care about that; what I want is simply: at bar open signal is valid? then print a dot (even if signal isn't valid at candle close)

I know this is doable because someone coded a similar task for me that I attach here: the attached indicator printed an arrow whenever a simple MACD histogram crossed the signal line; but if the cross wasn't there at candle close, the arrow disappeared

I asked a guy to recode that indicator so that it always printed the arrow even if MACD uncrossed during candle....

mladen:
What does that mean : that at a moment of closing of a previous bar (and implicitly opening of a new bar) the state of a signal on a previous bar was "something? If yes, than it is the lag that I am talking about - it inherits the state of the previous bar at its close and remembers it as a state at the open of a new bar and keeps it unchanged regardless of the current bar changes. If not, then please clarify what does that sentence mean

I think it does not inherit the state of the previous bar

1. bar n-1 closed with no dot

2. bar n opens with dot --> ALWAYS PRINT A DOT even if bar n closes with no dot (on original indicator)

Try this one out

The assumption made is the following : that at the moment of opening of a new bar high and low are the same as open (in most of the cases it is true, or at least it should be if a broker honors the rules). If you set the delayed parameter to true it will use that assumption and values are not going to be changed regardless of the change of current bar price (it is "frozen") It works on historical values using the same assumption, so it actually shows in the history what were the states of the indicator at the opening of the bar too

Here is the comparison of the "regular" (upper) and "delayed" (lower) (as you can see there are significant differences)
regards

Mladen

camisa:
I think it does not inherit the state of the previous bar

1. bar n-1 closed with no dot

2. bar n opens with dot --> ALWAYS PRINT A DOT even if bar n closes with no dot (on original indicator)
Reason: