Requests & Ideas - page 265

Hi Mladen,

I found that, the attached CFP indicator works with gold and silver (XAUUSD & XAGUSD), however, it doesn't work with SPX500. Can you please modify it so that it works with SPX500 ?

Thank you in advance,

pooh

Files:
cfp.mq4  14 kb

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

I found that, the attached CFP indicator works with gold and silver (XAUUSD & XAGUSD), however, it doesn't work with SPX500. Can you please modify it so that it works with SPX500 ?

Thank you in advance,

pooh

pooh

That indicator works with following fixed symbols in calculation : EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF and USDJPY. If it works for XAUUSD and XAGUSD is probably coming from a fact that there is a high correlation between the basket of currencies applied in the calculation and gold and silver.

But I am afraid that finding out which forex symbols could be used in a basket of symbols that would highly correlate with SPX500 is yet another story and that even if it was found for some period, it would not work for another time period (it would probably work OK for a month or two and then the correlation would be broken - simply because SPX500 itself is a kind of a composite index (based on 500 largest companies) which may or may not have some correlation with forex symbols

Hi Mladen,

What you said makes sense. So forget about it. Here I have a new reuqest. The attached indicator strength meter shows 3 meters. The meter outside the circle shows currency strength. The meter in the left circle shows rate of change for currency strength. The meter in the right circle shows two recommended currency to trade. Can you please modify this indicator so that it shows data from the two circles in line chart instead of meters ?

I don't need anything from the non-circled meter or the line chart in the screenshot.

Recognize that to do that you might need 10 indicator buffers, which exceeds the 8 buffers limit. So I'd suggest that you modify it into two indicators for this- one shows rate of change for currency strength, the other shows recommended currency to trade (different colors for different currency).

Thank you in advance

pooh

Files:

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

What you said makes sense. So forget about it. Here I have a new reuqest. The attached indicator strength meter shows 3 meters. The meter outside the circle shows currency strength. The meter in the left circle shows rate of change for currency strength. The meter in the right circle shows two recommended currency to trade. Can you please modify this indicator so that it shows data from the two circles in line chart instead of meters ?

I don't need anything from the non-circled meter or the line chart in the screenshot.

Recognize that to do that you might need 10 indicator buffers, which exceeds the 8 buffers limit. So I'd suggest that you modify it into two indicators for this- one shows rate of change for currency strength, the other shows recommended currency to trade (different colors for different currency).

Thank you in advance

pooh

pooh

Will check it, but can not promise that a usable version over the history can be done (it just might prove to be too heavy on a CPU to calculate historical data - even when calculation only the current state it easily goes over 10% of cpu usage, but I have to check the code first)

dakiki:
Dear Mladen,

Would it be possible to please have a histogram of the attached indicator with an alarm option (would be great if the alert message also says for which timeframe chart the alert applies to)

Thank you very much and hope you are enjoying the summer!

Daniel

Hi mladen,

Can you please revise indicator to adjust distance between arrow and price bar.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Files:

tamaraofx:
Hi mladen,

Can you please revise indicator to adjust distance between arrow and price bar.

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul

Two parameters added : UpArrowGap and DnArrowGap. Now you can adjust the distance of the arrows from high or low of the bar using those two parameters

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Thank you in advance

pooh

Hi Mladen,

Sorry that I just found that my explanation of how this indicator works only applies to its earlier version. This current version doesn't work the way I explained. I apologize for this and please forget this request.

pooh

tamaraofx:
Hi mladen,

I got that indicator in a website I don't remember the name. Anyway, please disregard my previous request. Just give me the iCustom string and the "if" command to buy/sell for the attached indicators. I don't know how to code so I just copy and paste them to existing EA. Hope it's not too much to ask :-)

Thank you very much in advance.

Paul

Hi mladen,

Please give me the main signal scipt on indicators I mentioned in post 2626.

Thanks much,

Paul

tamaraofx:
Hi mladen,

Please give me the main signal scipt on indicators I mentioned in post 2626.

Thanks much,

Paul

Paul

I can give you a way how you can call the indicator using iCustom() but to use it from any EA it is not enough just to have an iCustom() call. It takes much more than calling one indicator to incorporate the logic of it in an EA. If I give you the "if this then buy and if that then sell" the whole EA needs to be built around such a condition. You can not just copy and paste iCustom() results in any EA and make it work as if nothing else have changed

Here is one example (the is for high low jurik smooth histo indicator) :

double currentTrend = iCustom(NULL,0,"HiLow - Jurik smooth histo",SmoothPeriod,SmoothPhase,2,1);

double previosuTrend = iCustom(NULL,0,"HiLow - Jurik smooth histo",SmoothPeriod,SmoothPhase,2,2);

if (currentTrend!=previousTrend)

{

//

//

// change of trend, some signal

//

//

if (currentTrend == 1) // buy code

if (currentTrend == -1) // sell code

}

Reason: