Elite indicators :) - page 170

Fudomyo
Fudomyo  

I wanted to check if anyone has or knows of a moving average indicator that plots the level line as a horizontal line on the right hand side of the chart.

Someone posted a boliband indicator recently here that functions the same way, thanks for that.

It inspired me to clean my charts up and have the main chart as just pure PA and the right hand side has all the important levels marked off.

(btw: mladens Daily Data indicator also works really well with the information sorted this way)

Anyway, if anyone has a moving average indicator like this, that would be great! I know I've seen something like it, but I can't remember where.

I found a template for a Custom Moving Average.mq4

If someone could tell me the code to change for plotting the line, I can try to do it myself.

Thanks in advance.

Once I get all the bits and pieces sorted I'll post the indicators together with a template for anyone who's interested.

san4x
san4x  
newtrader100:
Scalped 34.9 pips this morning with standard deviations. I think this would be veryconsistent with an alert.

Nice work, congrats on your pips & system.

What's the name of the indicator in main chart (yellow thin line, with blue/magenta 'fat' parts)...? Looks like a modified EMA...?

Thanks & cheers, San.

san4x
san4x  

"Floating Fib..."

Hi all,

Please see image (edited to make it resemble what I am looking for):

I would like to have 'floating' fibs instead of the fib lines extend all the way to the righthand border, as is the case with most fib tools.

I use alot of other tools in the right boder area, such as DailyData, and it's often hard to see the fib levels/prices.

Does anyone know or have such tool?

Cheers, San.

Files:
snag-0237.png 31 kb
Alex
Alex  

More history to an indicator

Hi Mladen,

Can you please add history to this indicator? It currently shows only 20 days of history, I would appreciate if it can show 100. Can you please do this in the next few days? Thank you very much for your effort.

Files:
san4x
san4x  
profitrader21:
Hi Mladen, Can you please add history to this indicator? It currently shows only 20 days of history, I would appreciate if it can show 100. Can you please do this in the next few days? Thank you very much for your effort.

By no means am I trying to pretend I know as much as mladen does, but from the code I see no restrictions in number of days it should show.

Obvious questions, but just to make sure:

• Have you looked at the "drowDays" variable and change that?
  • Also make sure you have enough history.

Cheers, San.

Alex
Alex  

Hi,

I looked at both of those variables, even if I set draw back days to 100, it only shows 20.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

profitrader21, San

There was an error in the code. They were using TimeDay() function to create unique name for lines and labels. But since TimeDay() is a bounded function (returns values from 1 to 31) it was causing the error (I think some overwriting of levels took place too when number of days was set to > 31)

Here is the fixed version (that error is fixed)

regards

mladen

Files:
san4x
san4x  

Ahhh, the master. Nice. Learned something again.

Thanks!

newtrader100
newtrader100  
Snowski:
Nice work, congrats on your pips & system.

What's the name of the indicator in main chart (yellow thin line, with blue/magenta 'fat' parts)...? Looks like a modified EMA...?

Thanks & cheers, San.

Thanks Snowski.

Yes, it's a dolled up version of the original that kinonen was kind enough to code for us (ema, cci, rsi in one):

PS. Since gaining the aforementioned pips, had 3 losses totaling 16.4 pips, so obviously needs further filtering to get rid of the whipsaws - but what else is new. Still ahead though so it makes nice confirmation of trend once that trend is set.

Files:
stav01
stav01  

Macdcci

Dear Mladen,

Please would you look at this MACDCCI which you updated for me a while ago. I sometimes have to change timeframes and return to get a higher timeframe instance to update. Please could you see if you can make it update automatically as you have done with other MTF indicators.

Many thanks and regards,

Paul.