Elite indicators :) - page 170

profitrader21, San

There was an error in the code. They were using TimeDay() function to create unique name for lines and labels. But since TimeDay() is a bounded function (returns values from 1 to 31) it was causing the error (I think some overwriting of levels took place too when number of days was set to > 31)

Here is the fixed version (that error is fixed)

regards

mladen

Files:

Ahhh, the master. Nice. Learned something again.

Thanks!

Macdcci

Dear Mladen,

Please would you look at this MACDCCI which you updated for me a while ago. I sometimes have to change timeframes and return to get a higher timeframe instance to update. Please could you see if you can make it update automatically as you have done with other MTF indicators.

Many thanks and regards,

Paul.

Snowski:
Nice work, congrats on your pips & system.

What's the name of the indicator in main chart (yellow thin line, with blue/magenta 'fat' parts)...? Looks like a modified EMA...?

Thanks & cheers, San.

Thanks Snowski.

Yes, it's a dolled up version of the original that kinonen was kind enough to code for us (ema, cci, rsi in one):

PS. Since gaining the aforementioned pips, had 3 losses totaling 16.4 pips, so obviously needs further filtering to get rid of the whipsaws - but what else is new. Still ahead though so it makes nice confirmation of trend once that trend is set.

Files:

Stochastic Momentum index with MTF?

mladen:
clc4x Here you go
regards mladen

Mladen,

I have found your SMI to be one of the better designed SMI indicators. I use it regularly in my trading.

Is it possible to add the Interpolated MTF code to your SMI like you did with the Color Stochastic mtf?

Thanks in advance... much appreciated!

ftsdean

Paul,

Was that me doing the coding? If yes, I really do apologize (it must have been my bad day ). It is enough to change line 67 from this

if (TimeFrame=="gettingBars")[/php]to this [php] if (TimeFrame=="returnBars")

But decided to do some other changes in the indicator. Here is a fixed one. Multi time frame works as it should and changed the alerts (added the usual emal, sound and now it alerts correctly when it works in multi time frame mode)

regards

mladen

stav01:
Dear Mladen,

Please would you look at this MACDCCI which you updated for me a while ago. I sometimes have to change timeframes and return to get a higher timeframe instance to update. Please could you see if you can make it update automatically as you have done with other MTF indicators.

Many thanks and regards,

Paul.

Thanks

Many thanks, Mladen.

cja,

Thank you very much!

I had a chance to test the indicator. It is excellent!

There are a couple of minor adjustments. If the price level line can be lined up with the next to last candle then the line will be able to touch the current candle.

Also because of space constraints, would it be possible to remove price and timeframe from the text, and adjust the spacing to the right, so it doesn't overlap with the pivot text. (like the sample in the green box on the chart)

Kind regards,

Fudo

cja:
Give this a go and let me know if anything needs to be altered.

Files:
righthand2.gif  37 kb

ftsdean

Here you go I did not know which version did you want (with or without arrows) so I cooked up a version that covers both versions. Just set the ShowArrows to desired value
regards

mladen

ftsdean:
Mladen,

I have found your SMI to be one of the better designed SMI indicators. I use it regularly in my trading.

Is it possible to add the Interpolated MTF code to your SMI like you did with the Color Stochastic mtf?

Thanks in advance... much appreciated!

ftsdean

Post #1492

mladen:
From May 2010 issue of Futures magazine : "Fixing the Bollinger Bands" by David Rooke #Post 1492

Good morning Mladen,

An interesting indicator to say the least. Early days, but back-testing it (and due to its nature I guess it is accurate enough to allow an informed opinion) it shows potential, but for me on a different scale which I will post here once I am satisfied that it is adding value to selecting directional changes accurately.

Just a request please - could you possibly add an Arrow to when the indicator crosses the 0.0-level (*) to be shown on the candles, please?

Looking forward to hearing from you and thanking you in advance.

Best wishes.

======================================

Hi Mladen,

This indicator has been performing in an exemplary manner to say the least, although I have found "ways to read it" which I will post in another week or so. Notably in the area of reversals!! You may want to check it out. All TFs up to H8 for me.

Any chance of my requested change to the indicator, please?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards.

Reason: