A multitime tester? I think a lot of people could use it... - page 2

Folks, something I see you have two different issues mixed up.

One is"manual or automatictrading ". Clearly, manual trading is more flexible. And where it cannot be made automatic - there are simply some intuitive perceptions that are poorly formalised.

The second question is "data on different timeframes" - there is no problem here. We request time series of two or more timeframes, and we make a decision based on the data from them.

Sergey Efimenko:
A sabot to the terminal?! There is quite a few systems with multiple screens, e.g. Elder's 3 screens, which many people know. Watching its work for months online or running it in 3 versions of the terminal and matching the correct TF is not nice...
So, what if we add an opportunity to run such systems on history in the Strategy Tester. The logic of creating and running such a tester on the existing base of MT4/5, imho, is not difficult, but what a result! You open a tester with three (two or even five) screens, each with its own set of indicators (patterns), and go learn the essence of the market, and if we use different currencies, it will even become a training platform for young Buffet traders. What do you think about it?
What's the problem with calculating the values of higher frames from the lower ones in the conventional tester? Why do we need multitimes at all?

Sergey Efimenko:
Are we talking about a robot? Have you read the messages? Not everything can be formalised or else everyone around here would only be making money. Although someone has to lose anyway. As many people as there are opinions. On large TFs we can see a stronger trend, an older trend, stronger P/S levels.
This is not an opinion, you can make any chart from a minute chart, you can make a 48-minute timeframe. But you cannot make one-minute chart out of one-hour chart, some information has been lost. It would be impossible to make it a minute chart. The hourly chart will not work, part of the information is lost. Generally speaking, the space for imagination is infinite. Moreover, it has already been said here that it is possible to call any timeframe.

For those who do not read well (at least the first paragraph of the first post of the topic) and rush to show their rare omniscience and knowledge :))))) or just poorly know what I am talking about, I will show a screenshot of Elder's three screens system.

So the MTF tester in my understanding would allow to run ALL AT ONCE several screens at once with different TFs and different patterns(not a single indicator, but several) in testing and monitoring, which at the moment as far as I know is impossible or show (tell) how to do it, if I don't know something. The fact that I, like many people, have known for a long time that it is possible to access data of different currencies and other TFs from a tester (indicator, advisor), in principle, it can be done in MT4.

It is possible to write an indicator that will show bars of another timeframe in the sub-window.

Not being able to display other timeframes the way you want does not make the terminal tester not multi-timeframe at all.

Yeah, I probably should have written multi-window in the title of the topic, with the ability to test templates.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

It is possible to write an indicator that will show bars of another timeframe in the sub-window.

The impossibility to display other timeframes as you want does not make the terminal tester not multi-timeframe.

Let's look at the situation not from the programmer's point of view, but from the user's point of view :)

The task is to run a multi-cones manual system with 5-7 indicators in each window by ticks on the history in the tester. That is, in fact, to simulate an online session, but "faster" and with the possibility of pauses.

Sergey Efimenko:

Let's look at the situation not from the programmer's point of view, but from the user's point of view :)

The task is to run in the tester by ticks on the history of a multi-cones manual system with 5-7 indicators in each window. That is, in fact, to simulate an online session, but "faster" and with the possibility of pauses.

There is no such thing. Alas...

Dmitry Fedoseev:
There is no such thing. Alas...
That's what I'm saying. It would really come in handy. After all, it's not so difficult to implement. The base is ready (MT itself), the only thing left is to run the ticks from the archive of quotations.

How easy it is for non-programmers to do programming... Everywhere they start talking about it, there is the phrase: "It's not hard to implement, but I can't do it myself...".
Reason: