10points 3.mq4 - page 463

I am starting to trade/forward test new version - 10points_3_Smi_new EA. This version is having a lot of protection: margin protection, equity protection, close on trend reverse, and more incl protection feature similar with Electra/Alpha EAs.

Just for information.

This is the version Newdigital was talking about, in my mind a step to hopefully make this Ea. safer for everyone,Ea has equity trailing, plus regular trailing,the Ea monitors draw down,account equity protection,and the trailing stop now monitors and informs of interesting things as broker disconnection,trade server busy,etc.The account protection now works it uses secure profit to help get the Ea out of trouble, that is if account protection = 1. Has an auto or manual magic number feature which will come in handy for future upgrades. The close on trend reverse it too uses the secure profit to get out of trouble.The equity trailing monitors the whole account equity if it is above or equal too the percent you set it, the Ea will close the trades on the pair in trouble if you have auto magic = true, if you have it to false it will close all trades under that magic number.

On the chart picture is an example of it in work, as you can see the Ea already got into trouble, not sure but think this was the account protection feature, i had set the secure profit to 2 pips just to see it work, and seems it did, even though the other trades came out a looser still had a small gain on the last trade, and live to trade another day. We are looking to keep improving this Ea, and can always use some feedback and ideas good or bad. Right now using default settings which will probably change as time goes on.Chart time frame i prefer hourly because a little less noise but to me its up to the individual.

mrtools:
This is the version Newdigital was talking about, in my mind a step to hopefully make this Ea. safer for everyone,Ea has equity trailing, plus regular trailing,the Ea monitors draw down,account equity protection,and the trailing stop now monitors and informs of interesting things as broker disconnection,trade server busy,etc.The account protection now works it uses secure profit to help get the Ea out of trouble, that is if account protection = 1. Has an auto or manual magic number feature which will come in handy for future upgrades. The close on trend reverse it too uses the secure profit to get out of trouble.The equity trailing monitors the whole account equity if it is above or equal too the percent you set it, the Ea will close the trades on the pair in trouble if you have auto magic = true, if you have it to false it will close all trades under that magic number.

Many thanks for this new version !!

That's really great.

I'll run it in paralell to the current version I'm using (on another demo account)

The current version I'm running, suffered from nice losses last week on USDJPY, but still my account is up by + 1 118 pips / 1 541 EUR .. really excellent taking into account that I'm running on 5 pairs, with a starting equity of 3 000 EUR

Files:

gamma_gallus:
Many thanks for this new version !!

That's really great.

I'll run it in paralell to the current version I'm using (on another demo account)

The current version I'm running, suffered from nice losses last week on USDJPY, but still my account is up by + 1 118 pips / 1 541 EUR .. really excellent taking into account that I'm running on 5 pairs, with a starting equity of 3 000 EUR

Thanks Gamma_gallus, for your testing and sharing your results, hopefully make that profit line smoother, but like you said still doing well.Weird thing was UsdJpy was a sure winner with this Ea but looks like things have changed.

D1 20 RSI filter?

mrtools:
This is the version Newdigital was talking about, in my mind a step to hopefully make this Ea. safer for everyone,Ea has equity trailing, plus regular trailing,the Ea monitors draw down,account equity protection,and the trailing stop now monitors and informs of interesting things as broker disconnection,trade server busy,etc.The account protection now works it uses secure profit to help get the Ea out of trouble, that is if account protection = 1. Has an auto or manual magic number feature which will come in handy for future upgrades. The close on trend reverse it too uses the secure profit to get out of trouble.The equity trailing monitors the whole account equity if it is above or equal too the percent you set it, the Ea will close the trades on the pair in trouble if you have auto magic = true, if you have it to false it will close all trades under that magic number. On the chart picture is an example of it in work, as you can see the Ea already got into trouble, not sure but think this was the account protection feature, i had set the secure profit to 2 pips just to see it work, and seems it did, even though the other trades came out a looser still had a small gain on the last trade, and live to trade another day. We are looking to keep improving this Ea, and can always use some feedback and ideas good or bad. Right now using default settings which will probably change as time goes on.Chart time frame i prefer hourly because a little less noise but to me its up to the individual.

I've been searching for a good filter for this EA (and other strategies) for some time now. I recently received a PM from SteveHopwoodForex (not plugging here--just giving credit) telling me that big bankers frequently use a 20 period daily RSI as a filter: buy entries only if RSI shift 1 > 55 and RSI shift 0 > RSI shift 1 > RSI shift 2, and sell entries only if < 45... vise versa. So far the MTF indie looks pretty good on any TF for manual trading. Although you probably already have an MTF RSI, here's one with D1 20 defaults for your review.

Files:
mtf_rsi.mq4  4 kb

RJo:
I've been searching for a good filter for this EA (and other strategies) for some time now. I recently received a PM from SteveHopwoodForex (not plugging here--just giving credit) telling me that big bankers frequently use a 20 period daily RSI as a filter: buy entries only if RSI shift 1 > 55 and RSI shift 0 > RSI shift 1 > RSI shift 2, and sell entries only if < 45... vise versa. So far the MTF indie looks pretty good on any TF for manual trading. Although you probably already have an MTF RSI, here's one with D1 20 defaults for your review.

Hi Rjo,

Thanks for the information, added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false type switch did a backtest, but on all the other indicators put them on zero timeframe, all my laptop can handle is a couple months backtest, and on 1 minute timeframe Ea did well, think i had the upLevel around 53 and dnLevel arount 47 ish, the test (for what its worth) seemed to correspond with the daily Rsi readings, but thinking about it being its a daily Rsi probably only need to check once a day and set the Ea accordingly.

One trade was closed with 5 dollars.

The other trade is opened with small +equity.

Seems - it is more clever system/EA.

just my imagination sorry.

newdigital:
I forgot about last MT account.

10_points_3_Smi_new EA,

Martingale settings,

Alpari broker,

2000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 05 of March 2012.

USDJPY only.

10_points_3_Smi_new EA is having a lot of protection: margin protection, equity protection, close on trend reverse, and more incl protection feature similar with Electra/Alpha EAs. Most good is Close on Trend Reversal feature: all the trades will be closed if the trend will be reversed.

===================

- 10_pts_3_Smi_Rsi EA is on this post. Added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false.

- 10_points_3_Smi_new EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- EA is trading on 3,000 dollars initial deposit using stats website - read this post for results online.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

the new EA is very good with account protection in this area but it just doesnt open many trades. 7 in last 24 hours on 1 min chart aususd and eurusd. Which is ok but not at 0.01.. I know its early days yet.

I waited for few days until it opened ... so it will not open immediately.

I am not sure exactly but it is related to vhlevel settings (such a filter): when 0 so i did not have any trades, but if 0.6 (same with old versions) - EA started to trade by same day.

newdigital:
I waited for few days until it opened ... so it will not open immediately. I am not sure exactly but it is related to vhlevel settings (such a filter): when 0 so i did not have any trades, but if 0.6 (same with old versions) - EA started to trade by same day.

Ok thanks will try that.

Reason: