10points 3.mq4 - page 300

Thread not dead.

Fast_cris:
This thread is not dead yet..

This thread had it's birthday yesterday it was started 29th August 2006 so it has reached a milestone rarely achieved here in TSD.

Hi John@yeoeleven,

Thank you so much. Actually, what I am looking is anyone who could modify part of code from 10 points 3 which to suit to this below condition and I was suggested by neta1o that what I am looking for is same as FXAO-Ladder but I think a little different. May be, you could help me by either ADD or DEDUCT code from 10 points 3 according this condition.

fxgroup.

Unfortunately I have no coding skills so I hope that someone else can help you

John

I'll be back on this aggressive again in about 2 weeks. I am opening my second business and I've been wayyyyy to busy to give this the time that this deserves.

I have a lot of updates to the FXA0-Ladder with non-lagging indicators, dynamic take profit based on time of day and statistics of average movement of currency pair. Going to work on an dynamic pipstep also.

Will be back soon.

-neta1o

neta1o:
I'll be back on this aggressive again in about 2 weeks. I am opening my second business and I've been wayyyyy to busy to give this the time that this deserves.

I have a lot of updates to the FXA0-Ladder with non-lagging indicators, dynamic take profit based on time of day and statistics of average movement of currency pair. Going to work on an dynamic pipstep also.

Will be back soon.

-neta1o

This is great news!

Guys,

I myself have totally dropped off trading live with these type of beast. They behave really well during ranging, ofcourse, they can survive huge range as well, but only 1 big trend can kill it. I wiped out 3 of my account since June. Am now broke. All I can do is continue testing and modify EA. Then the rest of the time are trading manually on the broken account. Dont know whether you guys still interested on traditional 10point3. There is a few version in my PC running forward testing, and found only 1 of them are still surviving to date. I may think there is a need to put in a StopLoss, but so far it hasn't been *****ing me too much, and I still dont know where to put the stop loss is proper. Accuracy of the EA is awesome, and bail out nicely everytime. If you guys still wanna test it, let me know. We'll continue find out whether its worthwhile. We may not have a ready made EA that good for live trading, but atleast while the live account is not traded by this EA, we're still researching for the best solution to made enough money from the market with the shortest time and ofcourse with the most safe way. Cheers

Regards

David

Files:
sr20.gif  5 kb
sr20.htm  185 kb

davidke20:
Guys,

I myself have totally dropped off trading live with these type of beast. They behave really well during ranging, ofcourse, they can survive huge range as well, but only 1 big trend can kill it. I wiped out 3 of my account since June. Am now broke. All I can do is continue testing and modify EA. Then the rest of the time are trading manually on the broken account. Dont know whether you guys still interested on traditional 10point3. There is a few version in my PC running forward testing, and found only 1 of them are still surviving to date. I may think there is a need to put in a StopLoss, but so far it hasn't been *****ing me too much, and I still dont know where to put the stop loss is proper. Accuracy of the EA is awesome, and bail out nicely everytime. If you guys still wanna test it, let me know. We'll continue find out whether its worthwhile. We may not have a ready made EA that good for live trading, but atleast while the live account is not traded by this EA, we're still researching for the best solution to made enough money from the market with the shortest time and ofcourse with the most safe way. Cheers

Regards

David

^ I agree with David, the more my version of this EA develops the smaller I've decreased my maxtrades down. I'm down to two right now and will soon be down to one maxtrade. Martingale is out of my strategy for the most part although I may find a place for it in the future (would need a dynamic pipstep because the static pipstep adds to loosing positions.

David if you would be kind enough to post or email (pm me) the code I'd be interested in looking at it for future developments.

davidke20:
Guys,

Regards

David

Hi David,

You are right......and I agree with you. Sometimes, we think we should not set Stoploss..... but the floating will scare us to much as it will kill all the profit. But if we setting up StopLoss, sometime the Stoploss itself will kill us also. Now, still confuse what should really do. Now, I am learning 10 points 3 ( or EuroX2 as extended to 10 points 3 ) cos I am new to forex and now still learning the code itself. I think I of course cannot catch up the EA with so many complex and hard-to-understand script. I already forward test this EA and it is okay ( enough for a newbie like me ) but the problem is to Close Position when the indicator for close position is exist. It did not Close the position even the indicator exist. Let say, close when RSI is 60...... now RSI is already more than 60, but it still do not close the position. May be, something is wrong with the code...... I hope to get more knowledge about forex from this thread and many thanks to admin, senior members and all members who already help me to answer and solve certain of my problem.

Thank you.

fxgroup

My, my, it's been a while since my last post in TSD. It seems 10point3 is still on top of discussions, while other goblins popped up...

When I left, it appeared to me the biggest weakness of 10p3 was trending markets and news events. I could not keep up on reading all posts I lost, but is that still the case?

I am sure someone already coded "news recognition rules" on 10p3 EA, for it is when spreads go wild, right? What about trending? Is it still a problem?

--Id--:
My, my, it's been a while since my last post in TSD. It seems 10point3 is still on top of discussions, while other goblins popped up...

When I left, it appeared to me the biggest weakness of 10p3 was trending markets and news events. I could not keep up on reading all posts I lost, but is that still the case?

I am sure someone already coded "news recognition rules" on 10p3 EA, for it is when spreads go wild, right? What about trending? Is it still a problem?

Welcome back. Trending is still a killer for 10point3 based EA. But now have reduce the max trades. Taking small losses here and there, and profitable while ranging market happens.

Regards,

David

davidke20:
Welcome back. Trending is still a killer for 10point3 based EA. But now have reduce the max trades. Taking small losses here and there, and profitable while ranging market happens.

Regards,

David

Nice to hear you are profiting from 10p3. I would like to hear how do you identify ranging and trending weeks.

I also think of reduncing the TP of open positions to some point of return profits. I read here about reducing the lot-multiplication to 1.64, a very interesting idea; not because the possible loss... but because margin requirements, about which I did not read a discussion here yet.

Thanks.

--Id--:
Nice to hear you are profiting from 10p3. I would like to hear how do you identify ranging and trending weeks.

I also think of reduncing the TP of open positions to some point of return profits. I read here about reducing the lot-multiplication to 1.64, a very interesting idea; not because the possible loss... but because margin requirements, about which I did not read a discussion here yet.

Thanks.

There is a few way to tweak up the 10point3 based EA.

1) Reduce the multiplier can drastically deduct the unwanted stack up, ofcourse can survive longer.

2) Widen the pipstep, so we can wait for the major trend change. Try to setup PipStep 50, you will never get kill with the exposure of 0.01 based on 1000 balance

3) Reduce the max trade, when market break certain range of trading, close off all position and restart the bet again.

4) Increase the multiplier, and reduce the SecureProfit to as low as possible. This will allow the following stacking trade increase the bet, when a small retracement happen, we can quickly get out of trouble and start the entire bet again.

1 + 2 has the very similar probability of WIPE OUT your account. Because when you reduce your multiplier, you're simultaneously seeking a way out of your trouble. You could then stack up more and more number of trades in the market, until a real bull run hit in, such as last year's thanks giving, 800pips upward move without 50pips of retracement, game over man! Ofcourse, lowered the multiplier will let you stay in the market longer without margin call immediately, but since you've lowered your multiplier, your latest progressed position will need to have a larger retracement to get all your position average out.

3 + 4 has a better opportunity to survive no matter what. 1st thing 1st, if you have higher MaxTrades means you stay on the same direction longer. Which makes you sounded like a very stuborn mother fcuker You already at the wrong direction, why keep stacking on the wrong side?! So, reduce the MaxTrades is a very good choice, ofcourse, you may get stopped out prematurely in this case because the dynamic stop loss will always placed that the MaxTrades. Since we're talking about less MaxTrades, ofcourse the better for this EA to get out is to increase the multiplier. Below shows a very clean and sleek example so you know wtf am I trying to say

USDJPYm

1st progression 0.01lot buy 118.00 -0.40

2nd progression 0.03lot buy 117.80 -0.60

3rd progression 0.06lot buy 117.60 -0.00

Current price = 117.60

USDJPYm

1st progression 0.01lot buy 118.00 -0.29

2nd progression 0.03lot buy 117.80 -0.27

3rd progression 0.06lot buy 117.60 +0.66

Current price = 117.71 (We're in profit with 11pips retracement with a 20pipstep!!!)

So, basically we limit the losses by reducing the MaxTrades and increase the odd of getting out of trouble by increasing the multiplier. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Reason: