10points 3.mq4 - page 275

Modifications

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate your efforts to make this project live up to its potential, this discussion has occurred whilst I have been away from my PC and I have not had chance to discuss it with David. I have no coding skills but usually bounce ideas with David and when I arrive back home will make contact again via Yahoo Messenger.

I had come to the conclusion that the ultimate big loss was inevitable but you have rekindled my enthusiasm and look forward to further developments. You can count on my support with forward testing. I have an interest in its compatability with IBFX Mini and would like to be able to test on that platform.

John

I've got the code updated per the suggestions above but in testing it is not very successful.

I tried it with Davids time delay and it does not work in backtesting, may work fine in forward testing but there is still an inherent problem I'll mention in a minute.

Michel, I tried your suggestion as well which basically fixes the backtesting issue in the code David provided, but the problem I'm running into is we are basically creating a fixed value for delay time between the last order. This is not good for the less volatile times where the orders still may be close together but forced delay time misses trades.

I'm still trying to think of the best way to do this but basically the time between entries cannot be fixed. Or if it is fixed it should only apply to highly volatile times when more than one/two trades could occur per candle.

Still thinking...Suggestions?

Good to see you back in here yeoeleven, I think we can make this work, your forward testing will be a great help

FXA0 - 10points3v0.03.mq4

Here is the code as updated with all of davidke20, Michel, and my additions. I've presently commented out the time delay stuff until we

decide on the best way to do this. In the meantime here is the code.

I cleaned up a lot of stuff and shortened some things as well.

I also added an extra function at the end that shall work as damage control.

Depending on the entry type in the entryDirection() function I added another auditTrade() function that checks to see if it has

substantially diverged from the entry indicator.

If we went long according to the entryDirection()function, each iteration the auditTrade()function checks the current indicator and if it is at a certain level

which we decide it will close all long orders at market price. This would be the opposite if we started short.

The next iteration there will be no open order and it will look for orders again according to the entryDirection() function.

Basically this is the same 10points3 but with the power to buy and close positions according to indicators instead of blind faith.

Sorry if this is confusing but its hard to translate code into word. I just wanted to provide you guys with the shell

because we can add as many criteria to the entryDirection() and auditTrade() functions as we want.

With this new code we could specify multiple different entry and exit criteria.

Lets keep this going.

EDIT: Forgot to add the attachment , got some things to do today, will do some brainstorming and check back here later.

EDIT2: Right now the entry and exit criteria is not very intelligent. Basically, if the RSI is below 50 and the current RSI is less than the RSI of the last bar, go short. If the RSI is above 50 and the current RSI is greater than the RSI of the last bar, go long. It then closes if profit is made or if RSI comes back to a certain number for protection in direction change.

Right now this is very static. If we want to make this work we will have to make it more dynamic. Here is why. If we were going long and the RSI crossed up past 50, no problem, we got in long and may close profit quick. Fine, now the RSI may be at 62 and rising. We get in for another long entry, we work our way up using martingale, but now we are at a greater risk because we are farther away from our auditTrade() close. Remember, it is presently static at 49. So if we got in going past 50 no problem, but now we are in at 62 and that is much farther from our protection of 49. We'll get hit harder the farther we are from our protection. This will need to adjust according to the entry. That is some of my future development thoughts besides getting the code to not buy more than twice per candle as mentioned previously.

Files:

neta1o:
...but the problem I'm running into is we are basically creating a fixed value for delay time between the last order. This is not good for the less volatile times where the orders still may be close together but forced delay time misses trades.

I'm still trying to think of the best way to do this but basically the time between entries cannot be fixed. Or if it is fixed it should only apply to highly volatile times when more than one/two trades could occur per candle.

Sorry for my bad english, but I do not mean to have a fixed time interval between entries. What I mean is this: assuming your pipstep is 10 and your time interval is 3 min, if some sell order is opened at time t, check the bid at time t+3*60 and add 10 pips to the value : this will be the entry level for the next sell order.

In slow market, the result will be more or less equivalent to the standard entry (last price + 10 pips); but in fast market, if the price goes up 15 pips during those 3 minutes, then your real pipstep will be 15 + 10.

All this works very well with limit orders but can be implemented with instant execution orders too.

Of course, you do not open another sell during those 3 minutes but you still have to take care of the other opened orders.

LOL, well it looks like most of the changes we've made thus far have updated our 10points3 to DLMv1.4-MQL4Contest.mq4 available from the author of the original 10points3 elcactus.com

I'm abandoning our original updated 10points3v0.03 and I'm now updating the DLMv1.4 discussed above. It seems to be cleaner code. I'm going to work with updating it.

Iwill Postmybacktesting Soon

HelloALL

i am goingto backtest the new 10point3 and i will give u the latest fantastic test with the best settings and results

now i fount the 1m,pips20,tp20,maxtrades9. is the best and safer,

so we r looking for safe,safe and safe not only totalnetprofit is our goal

thanks very much for our develep mans,

davidke20

Michel

Neta1o

and i hope i can help,

sourour

good work mr neta1o

neta1o:
Here is the code as updated with all of davidke20, Michel, and my additions. I've presently commented out the time delay stuff until we

decide on the best way to do this. In the meantime here is the code.

I cleaned up a lot of stuff and shortened some things as well.

I also added an extra function at the end that shall work as damage control.

Depending on the entry type in the entryDirection() function I added another auditTrade() function that checks to see if it has

substantially diverged from the entry indicator.

If we went long according to the entryDirection()function, each iteration the auditTrade()function checks the current indicator and if it is at a certain level

which we decide it will close all long orders at market price. This would be the opposite if we started short.

The next iteration there will be no open order and it will look for orders again according to the entryDirection() function.

Basically this is the same 10points3 but with the power to buy and close positions according to indicators instead of blind faith.

Sorry if this is confusing but its hard to translate code into word. I just wanted to provide you guys with the shell

because we can add as many criteria to the entryDirection() and auditTrade() functions as we want.

With this new code we could specify multiple different entry and exit criteria.

Lets keep this going.

EDIT: Forgot to add the attachment , got some things to do today, will do some brainstorming and check back here later.

EDIT2: Right now the entry and exit criteria is not very intelligent. Basically, if the RSI is below 50 and the current RSI is less than the RSI of the last bar, go short. If the RSI is above 50 and the current RSI is greater than the RSI of the last bar, go long. It then closes if profit is made or if RSI comes back to a certain number for protection in direction change.

Right now this is very static. If we want to make this work we will have to make it more dynamic. Here is why. If we were going long and the RSI crossed up past 50, no problem, we got in long and may close profit quick. Fine, now the RSI may be at 62 and rising. We get in for another long entry, we work our way up using martingale, but now we are at a greater risk because we are farther away from our auditTrade() close. Remember, it is presently static at 49. So if we got in going past 50 no problem, but now we are in at 62 and that is much farther from our protection of 49. We'll get hit harder the farther we are from our protection. This will need to adjust according to the entry. That is some of my future development thoughts besides getting the code to not buy more than twice per candle as mentioned previously.

very very good work,

lets go test

sourour

Alright!

Hi guys..... I'm here, and I'm ready!

N2

Update

Well here is the program entirely re-written. DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS LIVE.

You may demo trade if you wish. Basically, I rewrote the 10points3 code from scratch. I took out a lot and cleaned up the 10points3 code. I also added a new function called marketQuality. This is the basis of the entry and the exit of the program.

Right now I have a simple RSI script in there, but it clearly doesn't succeed. If any big runs happens it'll fail.

I plan on adding a lot of intelligence to this.

Test it out demo if you'd like and. Let me know what we can add or subtract.

What are some good indicators that are true to direction real time?

EDIT: This has no T/P or S/L because it uses indicators to open and close the orders.

I think to make a truly successful EA we'll need to make more of the variables dynamic. It needs to adjust with the market or it will always fail. The TakeProfit and the PipStep may need to be dynamic depending on the market volume and trade volatility. It would also probably make sense to program in a conservative money management so we can avoid having everyone tinker with the maxtrade variable. The maxtrade variable can then be dynamic based on account balance.

Files:

Some tests

davidke20:
Muahahahaha.... thats the craziest statement I've ever seen so far. Muahahahaha

Regards

David

I can almost hear the Muuhahhhahah all the way here in Montreal!

Gee there are alot of us who are just sitting around testing these other EA's that aren't doing anywhere as good as the V12, this sucks!!! Wish I was in on it to!

I have several variations of the 10pt3 going right now but none very good and yes some of yours to David . I have attached this one which is on the 5min only started testing yesterday. Settings max trades 7- pips15-takeprofit-15 trailing stop10 macdtf 30

Reason: