10points 3.mq4 - page 489

BluePanther3000:
I don't know if this helps anyone or not, but I thought I would share a website where a certain "Paul Garcia" is selling this EA as his own for $250. I had never heard of this EA previously, so when I came across his site (from another obscure site or search engine result) I decided to give it a go. (www.paul-garcia.com/4301)

He has statements of three different accounts there which he claims to be real money proof of his claims of 3900% in 3 months. I received "his" EA after purchasing (link and statements on www.paul-garcia.com/23464), but after viewing the source code I realised it was not "his" EA after all. I questioned him about the author and copyright, and he had no idea who the guy was! He even asked me what I meant when I said GU (GBPUSD) and uncompiled!

Don't buy from his site because I can provide the same files he gave me for free here - hey, the EA is free here already!

I'm in the process of chasing my money back. At least the statements can perhaps be of some benefit.

Sounds like in the manual he is selling an older version because he says something about adding an 0 for extra digit brokers, hopefully you will get your money back.

mrtools:
Sounds like in the manual he is selling an older version because he says something about adding an 0 for extra digit brokers, hopefully you will get your money back.

1. So what is the newest working version here: 4 or 5?

5 is available at 10 Point 3 v005 enhanced Expert Advisor - MQL4 Code Base

--------------------------------------------------------

2. Paul Garcia told me, "The 10points3 opens trades based on the MACD indicator. My EA is not based in any indicator, it opens trades based on MAX and MIN from X periods of time."

So does a new version also do this? Is this a better strategy then?

------------------------------------------------------

If someone has the newest version and setfile, I will give this a shot on my real money account. I am changing soon to VantageFX.

BluePanther3000:

2. Paul Garcia told me, "The 10points3 opens trades based on the MACD indicator. My EA is not based in any indicator, it opens trades based on MAX and MIN from X periods of time."

If someone has the newest version and setfile, I will give this a shot on my real money account. I am changing soon to VantageFX.

As far as I am aware of, the one from this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174975/page322 is the newest version

As of the version that "Paul Garcia" is talking about : have no idea what is that version and how it works, but "opens trades based on MAX and MIN for X periods of time" does not seem like a probable way since finding extremes always repaints (regardless how you do it)

BluePanther3000:

BluePanther3000, would recommend any version you get or use to test it on an demo account first, all these EA's use martingale, and can cause a big loss.

Reason: