10points 3.mq4 - page 469

gamma_gallus:
Just to let you, I'm still trying to find out the bug (not opening recovery trades), trying by disabling different parts of the code, but no results so far ... a real mystery !

Hi Gamma_gallus

This version the martingale progression is working, when i use the Rsi trend filter i have been turning reverse on trend change = false, also if when you get a chance post the version you are testing and will give it a look.

Files:

Thank You, I'm going to compare your version with mine to see if I can figure out what's wrong, because so far I haven't been able to find the bug ..

Hello,

Here attached the version which causes me so much trouble .. I can't figure out the bug, it's maybe something simple but since I'm not a coder it becomes quickly difficult for me...

I've tried to compare it with your last version, but there are too many differences in the code and functions ..

I hope you will be able to find the bug.

10points_3_smi_1.3_grid_autocalc.mq4

Thanks !

cheers

Gamma

gamma_gallus:
Hello,

Here attached the version which causes me so much trouble .. I can't figure out the bug, it's maybe something simple but since I'm not a coder it becomes quickly difficult for me...

I've tried to compare it with your last version, but there are too many differences in the code and functions ..

I hope you will be able to find the bug.

10points_3_smi_1.3_grid_autocalc.mq4

Thanks !

cheers

Gamma

Ok will check it out and get back with you about what i find

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

Alpari broker,

2000 dollar initial deposit.

Since 30 of January 2012.

USDJPY only.

===================

- 10_pts_3_Smi_Rsi EA is on this post. Added the Rsi filter as an on off true or false. Fixed version is on this post.

- 10_points_3_Smi_new EA is on this post. The settings is on this post.

- 10points_3_Smi_Adj_TakeProfit EA is on this post. What this version is doing is using the pips setting, as Ea opens a buy trade, it goes aganist you 20 pips the Ea should open another trade, with a new take profit the original take profit + 20 pips to keep the original take profit,if it still goes aganist the original trade another 20 pips the Ea should open another buy but this time the take profit is same as original but +40 pips and etc.. By default the take profit is 10 pips and lot increase is also default at 1.

-10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA with settings for M1 timeframe, together with indicators is on this post.

- Some explanation about how to setup for different pairs - read this post.

- next version 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post: changed out the trailing stop, added a breakeven plus trailing.

- 10points_3_Smi_1.3 EA is on this post. This is version 1.3 smi, the trailing stop and break even are separate also added a lot more safety features.

- non-martingale settings for 2 versions of the EAs with pre-set files and trading results - read this post;

- some other martingale settings for 10points_3_Smi_1.02a EA is on this post.

- 10points_3_Easy EA is on this post. This version is using TDI, heiken ashi and by default 5 period high low ma.

- 10points_3_Easy-1 EA is on this post. This version is using different TDI indicator which seems to be better.

Here below my results :

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

IBFX broker,

3000 Euros initial deposit.

Since 18 of January 2012.

Different pairs, please have a look to myfxbook details (advanced stats - summary tab). Recently added GBPCHF and GBPCAD (balance more than doubled, so should be okay with 2 more pairs)

10P System | Myfxbook

cheers

Gamma

Files:

gamma_gallus:
Here below my results :

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA,

Martingale settings,

IBFX broker,

3000 Euros initial deposit.

Since 18 of January 2012.

Different pairs, please have a look to myfxbook details (advanced stats - summary tab). Recently added GBPCHF and GBPCAD (balance more than doubled, so should be okay with 2 more pairs)

cheers

Gamma

Thanks a bunch for posting detailed IBFX demo stats--impressive. I see you are not intra-pair hedging, correct? Also, how do you determine when to cut your losses, i.e. a "mental" stop loss, max equity loss, etc?

RJo:
Thanks a bunch for posting detailed IBFX demo stats--impressive. I see you are not intra-pair hedging, correct? Also, how do you determine when to cut your losses, i.e. a "mental" stop loss, max equity loss, etc?

Hello,

In fact I tried to choose pairs that are ranging or at least retracing quite often.

I don't intervene on the EA, because I really wanted to see how it would behave alone.

What happened in Feb, was that :

-the EA had too many trades opened (different pairs)

- Many were in negative, so higher lot sizes opened

- USDJPY went really bad = the last allowed trade (highest lot size allowed) was really negative

- My free margin was almost equal to my margin requirement so MT4 started to close the highest lot size (USDJPY - biggest floating loss) to preserve the account. It did it 2 times (because the EA re-opened the same lot size immediately after MT4 closed the 1st one) - MT4 did close also this new trade : so 2 big losses

- Finally, I think USDJPY started to retrace a little bit, enough to close all UJ positions. So it finally came back to s normal state (free margin level).

Thx

Gamma

gamma_gallus:
Hello,

In fact I tried to choose pairs that are ranging or at least retracing quite often.

I don't intervene on the EA, because I really wanted to see how it would behave alone.

What happened in Feb, was that :

-the EA had too many trades opened (different pairs)

- Many were in negative, so higher lot sizes opened

- USDJPY went really bad = the last allowed trade (highest lot size allowed) was really negative

- My free margin was almost equal to my margin requirement so MT4 started to close the highest lot size (USDJPY - biggest floating loss) to preserve the account. It did it 2 times (because the EA re-opened the same lot size immediately after MT4 closed the 1st one) - MT4 did close also this new trade : so 2 big losses

- Finally, I think USDJPY started to retrace a little bit, enough to close all UJ positions. So it finally came back to s normal state (free margin level).

Thx

Gamma

I did the same thing on the EURUSD way back when mr tools and newdigital first posted version 1.01 (and I haven't traded EURUSD since then). The only difference was, I had the Swiss Army EA close at a set max $ loss to prevent a margin call. It's posted somewhere in this thread, or just reply and I'll repost it. The nice thing is, it can run on the total account loss, a specific pair, or specific magic number of a set of trades. Maybe a USDJPY specific stop would have saved a few euros? mr tools coded this into a subsequent 10points_3 version somewhere here as well.

Also, to analyze pairs, I'm thinking of using the 20 period D1 RSI as a manual filter (per mr tools) and trading 10points_3 only when it's "stuck" between 45 and 55. newdigital, you might prefer 30 and 70? Trading RSI breakouts with a range trading EA doesn't make much sense now that you mention how you're filtering.

RJo:
I did the same thing on the EURUSD way back when mr tools and newdigital first posted version 1.01 (and I haven't traded EURUSD since then). The only difference was, I had the Swiss Army EA close at a set max $ loss to prevent a margin call. It's posted somewhere in this thread, or just reply and I'll repost it. The nice thing is, it can run on the total account loss, a specific pair, or specific magic number of a set of trades. Maybe a USDJPY specific stop would have saved a few euros? mr tools coded this into a subsequent 10points_3 version somewhere here as well. Also, to analyze pairs, I'm thinking of using the 20 period D1 RSI as a manual filter (per mr tools) and trading 10points_3 only when it's "stuck" between 45 and 55. newdigital, you might prefer 30 and 70? Trading RSI breakouts with a range trading EA doesn't make much sense now that you mention how you're filtering.

Thanks, I already have the Swiss Army EA but never got used to it .. also it doesn't do few things I really need for my manual trades.

Anyway, usually I prefer to let the EAs I'm testing alone, to really see if they get broke after a while (thing you can not see if you intervene manually). That gives me a clear overview after a while, when I analyze the results, to assess if indeed we need to act from time to time, when and in which kind of situation.

thx

Gamma

Reason: