10points 3.mq4 - page 460

Hi daceterito,

In this case - floating drawdown will be big.

Because ...

we are having normal martingale version,

and

we are having "profit level martingale" (profit level is increased instead of lot size increasing).

The problem for this "profit level martingale" version: trades are keeping opened for the long time. Drawdown is small (because all the trades are having lot size = 0.01).

In your proposal - the trades will be on the market for the long time + we will have big drawdown.

Drawdown will be larger than in normal version, and open trades will be open for the long time (same as for non-martingale version).

May be - grid without martingale?

It may work ...

I just remember GridMACD EA which won our tsd competition/contest many years ago ...

Grid is same as 'The Snow Queen' by Hans Christian Andersen

Market is in grid, and open trades may be closed next week/month/year

It was same case with GridMACD - this EA made more than 6,000 pips for the short time but after that - start to "snow-queenning" ... and I stopped using it because trades did not close for 6 months ... because of grid. And in case of grid - we will have permanent floating drawdown which should be estimated.

I remember first vendors for RAS service - they traded grid, and users of their signals were the people from their grid trading group. And talking with them - I understand that grid is some kind of theory ... it is not simple "attach EA to the chart and forget about" ... it is science/theory ... so ... it is not simple thing.

May be - grid without martingale?

At least we will not have big drawdown.

But open trades will not be closed for the long time.

You can see - it is non-martingale version of this EA:

When those trades will be closed? This week, or next week ...

Drawdown is small just because it is non-martingale.

But if grid together with martingale so it is big drawdown together with the trades opened for the long time.

If grid without martingale (by fixed lot size) - it may be work.

Files:
profitgrid_1.jpg  224 kb

People nowadays I no longer use martingale

Only used the example to explain how the grid work

But let there

And it is true DD greatly increases with the increase of the grid if it does not re-position favorable

But I am writing today to thank and say that the program 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA version with fixed settings for M1 timeframe.

It is doing very well in my real account and would like to make a suggestion that I think will help a lot

Let's imagine the following he begins buying

0.01 lot

0.02 lot

0.03 lot

0.05 lot

Let's imagine that at that moment he opened order to buy 0.05 lot

In the last buy gave him sales indicators

But he did not sell because it is still positioned in the buy

We will lose the opportunity to sell?

Let's create two versions of the same program

One only for the buy and only one for sale

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA (buy)

10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA (sell)

Open two charts of the same cross and put an expert to operate only position to buy and others only in the position of sales

If at some point happen we buy and sell at different times will reduce the risk of the account because it will make hedge and each one will close independently of each other (because we have the same program with all indicators but operating only in one position)

What do you think my friends?

I would say I have a program that closes all operations in floating profit and loss

If all operations are open to loss in U.S. dollars that you determine it automatically closes all orders and the same for the profit

Would you like me to put here?

I have also another that it monitors the connection to your broker

If you lose it shows the date and time that was lost and returned

It is also an expert

If you want to put it here also

It is a way for me to thank

Hi daceterito,

But I am writing today to thank and say that the program 10points_3_Smi_1.01 EA version with fixed settings for M1 timeframe.

Martingale version?

yes ...

Let's create two versions of the same program

One only for the buy and only one for sale

Open two charts of the same cross and put an expert to operate only position to buy and others only in the position of sales

It is same as hedge?

yes ... it may work ...

If at some point happen we buy and sell at different times will reduce the risk of the account

yes, agree.

But I am trading this EA on Alpari NZ and it is more risky than on FXCM ...

I mean: using this EA on Alpari NZ with hedge options is more risky than using it on FXCM without hedge options.

I think- it depends on the stategy programmed ...

closes all operations in floating profit and loss If all operations are open to loss in U.S. dollars that you determine it automatically closes all orders and the same for the profit

Yes, good idea.

I think it's a good idea even

The same expert only to buy and the same expert for sale on the same cross( 2 charts) in the same time

Notice I said the same time to put on the chart but it will not open buying and selling at the same time, only when the indicators indicate, therefore should only be buying or selling experts.

Since brokers allow hedging

My broker is Instaforex.

So far I have nothing to complain

The following programs that promised

The first expert is connection_logger.ex4 The broker that monitors it appears only one green bar in the chart

The report will appear in the chart if it loses connection and when he gets back

The second experts is e-closebylossorprofit (excelent expert).

He really closes all orders when the value is reached

Let's say you have $ 5000 and when it reaches a flaoting for $ 100(profit) it closes all operations

Just put in the field Targetprofit 100

Let's say you want to lose a maximum of $ 1,000 (the sum of all negative orders)

Just put in the field Targetlost 1000

When you reach it closes all operations including scheduled pending

Hugs

I am not participating of this discussion, but I would like to stress that martingale is just gambling not trading.

It is possible to take some money from the market but some brokers do not like winner traders so they can accuse you of some kind of cheating techinique. That is what heppenned to me.

Regards.

daceterito:
I think it's a good idea even

The same expert only to buy and the same expert for sale on the same cross( 2 charts) in the same time

Notice I said the same time to put on the chart but it will not open buying and selling at the same time, only when the indicators indicate, therefore should only be buying or selling experts.

Since brokers allow hedging

My broker is Instaforex.

So far I have nothing to complain

The following programs that promised

The first expert is connection_logger.ex4 The broker that monitors it appears only one green bar in the chart

The report will appear in the chart if it loses connection and when he gets back

The second experts is e-closebylossorprofit (excelent expert).

He really closes all orders when the value is reached

Let's say you have $ 5000 and when it reaches a flaoting for $ 100(profit) it closes all operations

Just put in the field Targetprofit 100

Let's say you want to lose a maximum of $ 1,000 (the sum of all negative orders)

Just put in the field Targetlost 1000

When you reach it closes all operations including scheduled pending

Hugs

Hi Daceterito,

First of all thanks for the Ea's, very interesting, also wondering how its going using on buy only Ea and one sell only Ea on the same pair, remember someone was successful for awhile doing that with the older version, also Bluto was doing something similar with his think they were called BiPolar, or something like that.

Doubt please

If you can put some EA that only buy or sell thank you

(Two graphs on the same pair)

The purpose is it going by buying and selling while respecting the indicators.

You mean you always have the opportunity to always open new orders to buy or sell

And what can collaborate with this forum tell me

Looking imputs

Can anyone tell me how the variable ReverseConditions,accont protection, Orderstoprotect works?

accont protection 1(how work it please)?

Orderstoprotect 3(how it work please)?

Reverse condition 0(how it work please)?

If we attach the current EA to 2 charts (same pair) : on the first one we choose BUY only in the EA properties / Common tab, and on the 2nd one we choose SELL only, won't that make the trick ??? so no need to change the EA ???

Olivier

Files:
buy_or_sell.png  22 kb

daceterito:
If you can put some EA that only buy or sell thank you

(Two graphs on the same pair)

The purpose is it going by buying and selling while respecting the indicators.

You mean you always have the opportunity to always open new orders to buy or sell

And what can collaborate with this forum tell me

Looking imputs

Can anyone tell me how the variable ReverseConditions,accont protection, Orderstoprotect works?

accont protection 1(how work it please)?

Orderstoprotect 3(how it work please)?

Reverse condition 0(how it work please)?

Hi Daceterito,

The poster above this one, Gamma_Gallus explained about buy only sell only, so theres no need to change anything in the code, only thing i would add is on one of the charts you need to change the magic number in the Ea.

Reverse condition you can also use, if you get buy signal ea will sell and vise versa, so you can try using reverse=1 on one chart reverse =0 on another just to see how it works, but again you need to change the magic number on one of the charts.

The account protection ,orders to protect work together in the code it says if open orders >= max trades - orders to protect and profit >= secure profit then Ea should close the order.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Reason: