10points 3.mq4 - page 290

Market is sideways, not a good time to open for this EA

neta1o:
Market is sideways, not a good time to open for this EA

Got it, thanks.

I will test as well. I have the original JMA version set up to test eur/usd and gbp/usd on both FXDD and IBFX.

Preliminary tests of mine for eur/usd from July 1, 2003 through current at 90% modeling quality show $606.8K profit with 11.79% drawdown on 4HR TF and original 3,30,240,60 settings.

Same program with settings of 20,10,240,240 reflects $411.1K profit with 5.25% drawdown. So the new settings produce lower profit results in testing but also lower drawdown.

It will be interesting to see how this performs during large economic releases such as nonfarm payroll. Backtesting does not produce realistic results for any number of circumstances including large spikes that happen within a few seconds.

At any rate this EA could perform significantly worse and still be a huge winner.

See below for last test equity curve.

try also settings:

TJMA 10

TJMA2 2

time 240

time0 240

and

TJMA 20

TJMA2 10

time 240

time0 240

It is very difficult to find proper settings for data from different brokers.

To find the most universal settings from backtests for foreward test I test:

- 3 last years of alpari 90% quality

- and month to month of that 3 years to find the worst months

If i find some very bad months i pay the most attantion to them and then i try to optimize setting to improve results even if i have lower profits in the best months.

So i propose to YOU all such testing, because if testing month to month you can see more than 50% money lost. So the most important is to lower the biggest losts of money, because you dont know if you still have enough money to balance dramatic situations in account.

If you make such tests and get the less dangerous settings you can check them in foreward testing.

Here is added special version. I suppose that the best way to protect profits is STOP TRADING in sudden changes of prices. This EA uses ATR to stop the EA for the moment, it is not for dynamic SL.

here is another experimental version with more parameters:

level1=0.1, level2=0.4, level3=0.2 - size of opened orders - I use 0.1 0.4 0.2 in stead 0.1 0.2 0.4

level2 is in the middle of trend corridor so it is the most volatile, so it influences on profit/loss the most

SLlevel1=0, SLlevel2=50, SLlevel3=50 - individual SL for opened orders

TPlevel1=10, TPlevel2=10, TPlevel3=10 - individual TP for opened orders

ATRvalue=0.0011 - it is taken to GBPUSD

ATR_timeframe=1 - it check sudden jumps of prices in selected timeframe

ATR_Period=4 - it is for GBPUSD

alternative settings:

ATRvalue=0.005 ATRvalue=0.006

ATR_timeframe=5 ATR_timeframe=30

ATR_Period=1 ATR_Period=1

When you experiment with ATR settings you can see even 50% profit/loss difference in the end of some months.

I propose you to look at ATR periods for different currencies in different timeframes.

ATR expresses very individual features of price behaviour for every currency. You must realize that eg. ATR for GBPJPY is normally 10x higher than for GBPUSD! So if you dont check average ATR for current currency the EA will not make any transactions. THIS ATR PARAMETERS ARE VERY SENSITIVE. So for the same currency in different timeframes the differences maybe very high.

NEXT VERSIONS OF EA:ATR can be good for very fast detection of tops and bottoms, much faster than many oscilators. I will be more working on ATR analysing by EA. So i provide a picture for further developing idea. IN selected places of picture ( tops and bottoms)

if price will move over yellow borders the EA should stop trade or change lot size or limit transactions for some time in order to check if price changed its small trend or not. But there is the big problem which timeframe to use for ATRchannels, because for 4h timeframe the upper parts of candle can change many times and lower timeframes in compareable situations have much less changes. Also Standard Deviations and VIX measure volatility, but for all analysis much work is needed. Bollinger bands makes too many ambigous indications.

I attach ATRchannels file.

For those who downloaded EA earlier today, download it once again because of some little changes.

master001

Preliminary tests of mine for gbp/usd from July 1, 2003 through current at 90% modeling quality show $392.6K profit with 14.38% drawdown on 4HR TF and original 3,30,240,60 settings.

Same program with settings of 20,10,240,240 reflects $201K profit with 22.28% drawdown.

So different from eur/usd where the profits are reduced and the drawdown is also reduced, the new settings produce lower profit results (almost 50% less) and a higher drawdown for gbp/usd .

Hello

ATR can be used as a measure a speed of change between 2 bars. At the moments of data publishing on 1 minute chart you can see big differences between 2 bars eg. 1 minute bar at 14:29 and 1 minute bar at 14:30. The problem is that you have different ATR numbers in every timeframe.

If you compare ATR for different timeframes and currencies you see very individual behavoiur features of every currency. My ATR CHECKS THE LEVEL OF PRICE WHEN EA MUST STOP WORK FOR A WHILE.

If you have eg. downtrend and you get sudden change price against the downtrend with ATR you can avoid it. BUT !!! there is a problem what kind of sudden changes we want to FILTER to be protected:

1. i dont know if we should have one ATR number in any timeframe, but more universal

2. or some ATRs: one for data publishing in 1 minute chart, another for changes in other timeframes to avoid not so fast changes but enough fast to loose money.

3. another problem: market needs some time after sudden changes so it is difficult to find how much time we have to indicate to EA to proper COMEBACK to the market.

IF you want to see how to visually check this ATR idea use MT`s ATR with 1 sensitivity in 1,5,15,30,60,240 min timeframes and look at variables of ATR in different market conditions.

yOU WILL SEE SOME SITUATIONS WHERE YOU SHOULDNT ENTER or LEAVE THE MARKET IMMIDIATELY. So then you will be able to proper adjust ATR in EA.

Compare 2 pictures:

1h GBPUSD chart has 0.0000 - 0.0084 range

5min GBPUSD chart has 0.0000 - 0.0040 range

for GBPUSD ATR can be much over 2.000 !

HIGHEST ATR VALUES ARE VERY OFTEN TURNING POINTS.

So there is the need to find the most universal ATR settings with proper timeframe or try to think about ATRs for market behaviour in different timeframes.

10points EAs FOR SURE CAN EARN MONEY, so we dont have to worry so much about taking profit. BUT WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT PROTECTIONS AGAINST UNPREDICTABLE MARKET BEHAVIOUR even if we must forget about the highest profits.

If concerned about ATR CHANNELS i plan to use it to find more situations in trend where EA shoud stop work to wait for more corresponding conditions with current trend. It is important because in eg. uptrend we see many time when price after higher moves backs lower. ATR CHANNELS can filter

the market to find such tops and move down after. I think that looking for situations when EA stops working should be first EA rule, STOPLOSS should be the second. SO WE ALLOW FOR STOPLOSS AFTER IF WE CANT AVOID LOSSING MONEY.

I want to share ideas in order to mutual thinking.

master001

Files:
gbpusd-1h.gif  28 kb
gbpusd-5min.gif  25 kb

Hi All,

Can somebody change this EA.

EA suppose to open the positions on these conditions:

if (iMACD(NULL,0,...,0)>iMACD(NULL,0,...,1)) { myOrderType=2; }

if (iMACD(NULL,0,...,0)<iMACD(NULL,0,....,1)) { myOrderType=1; }

Not only open a first position.

...buy and sell, max 5 trades for example.

Not only buy 5 trades if started with buying and going to negative.

Thanks

B.

master001,

have you looked at the modtrade entry exit indicator?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177635

Screenshot of atr modulator comparison

Hello

THX Saintmo, i have started reading it

master001

Jma

Attached is a detailed statement for the JMA EA posted by master001 on page 288 post 2878.

This EA was loaded to start with the commencement of trade this week on H4 charts using GBPUSD & EURUSD on a $250 mini account with IBFX using default values.

Error codes were displayed for GBPUSD

2007.08.01 00:20:56 '1562186': order buy 0.10 GBPUSDm opening at 2.0290 sl: 0.0000 tp: 2.0300 failed [Trade context is busy]

2007.08.01 00:20:57 TradeDispatcher: trade context is busy

but at the same time for EURUSD

2007.08.01 00:20:57 '1562186': instant order sell 0.10 EURUSDm at 1.3685 sl: 0.0000 tp: 1.3675

GBPUSD has not traded since 10.00 on the 30th and the errors above came after I had removed the EA and reloaded it recently. During that time EURUSD made up ground from its earlier losses and probably GBPUSD would have done so too if given the chance.

John

Files:
jma.htm  21 kb
jma.gif  5 kb
Reason: