TickScalper EA - page 52

nc!:
Dear Mrtools in the part of the ea:

if(ExitMode == 12)

{

if (trades > 0 && TotalProfit(0,ProfitMode,0,0) > ProfitTarget) while(ScanTrades(0,0) > 0) CloseOrder(0);

}

If we have ProfitTarget reduced at .1 pip, when at EquityTrailing true, will it close the possitions of the pair that is running at that bare break even if market hits these levels?

Our equity trailing method is triggered when the account is in profit at break even and not when the pair is at break even. I beleive the former should be there with a OR condition so that the account could be neggative but the pair breakeven. What do you say?

I magive some pairs are negative and some possitive, Profit negative, one of the pairs close to break even plus maxorders, you want to get out at break even need exit for pair at breakeven not only account profit.

This ea is very sensitive to brokers one broker I had 44 trades other 19. True ECN works better IMHO.

Thanks

NC!

Hi Nc,

Didn't answer your first question, the way the Ea is coded now its whichever condition happens first, and starting now on the other ideas at least the one's i can do for now.Also the way i am understanding the account equity close is if you have auto magic = true,equity trailing = true,and max order close = false, then each pair is separate, and only the pair in trouble will be closed if equity close is triggered, that's the way it is working now, will try and add the or statement, once i figure out how.

It is my trading for TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA

------------------

TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA using moresafe settings, EURGBP M1.

Trading since 10th of February this year.

Some trades are open for now:

I am having TS_Mode 8; // 8-averages macd

I have a feeling that old 3.44 version is more safe (having TSmode 6) ...

May be - I need to change to 6?

or 9?

===============

- All the versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176044/page3

- Version #3.44 with the settings: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page8

Visual statement is forward testing/trading results. More about it: Signal Performance Factor and visual statements: this post with the explanation and on those 2 posts as detailed comments: this post and this one.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA is on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.44.7 EA with default settings for moresafe and all the indicators are on this post.

- TickScalper_v3.45 EA is on this post. This version is using EquityTrailing as account protection feature so it can be used with trading of many pairs using super safe settings.

- TickScalper_v3.45.1 EA is on this post. Added a more extensive time filter, added the auto magic number function, along with a manual magic number function.

- TickScalper_v3.45.6 EA is on this post. This is an updated version, added another max order safety feature: if you have UseMaxOrdersClose = true and EquityTrailing = false, whatever you have MaxOrders set to and that pairs open orders gets to max orders the Ea will close all the orders on that pair. If you use EquityTrailing = true and UseMaxOrdersClose = false, then will be regular EquityTrailing.

3.44.7 is still live and managed to survive holding a e/g short for a few days. I added a bit to my version to display a few variables on screen.. like the tsmode, mcmode and MA settings.

klaatu's Profile | Myfxbook -- it is the super7 one in the list. (abs. gain is showing less because I took money out of the sub account before i let the EA trade but myfxbook picks up that history...)

tsmode is 8 and mcmode is 1 .. it seems to be left holding a position now and then after a sudden move in one direction so I wonder if this could be stopped by having it not trade if price has started pushing more than an average daily range? (just a random thought) it has survived this twice now so I wonder (worry) how long it will continue. I assume its the reason it doesnt survive on many other pairs..

The second version I have its tsmode 9 and has very few trades but they seem safer (its only scalped twice in four days).

nc!:
While the new versions were created I optimized the TickScalper_v3.45.1 on one pair to my previous post ideas, strategy. Called for now TickScalper_v3.45.1.NC which I share with you. I have added comments to the code for explanation and you can use the Find. Comment has // NC so easy to discover difference to 3.45.1.

My focus is to Salvage trades to breakeven before StopLoss. I have more ideas if there is any value in it. I think is very valuable to have stategies when the market goes against you and not only SL. So modifications are only on the martingale part of the code.

{ Quote form the comments

Added Salvage mode but also in case market goes against us to do martingales until PercentEquityTrailing or worst case MaxOrders+1 MGSTEP STOP LOSS.

Giving more chance to this ea to breakeven prior to STOP LOSS. So we go for TP or martingale profit until SalvageMartingaleStep -1 .

From SalvageMartingaleStep until MaxOrders we give chance to preak even sice we do not have profit by continuing martingales until break even

Or Maxorders + 1 MGSTEP STOP LOSSThis works for only one pair

}

Example of set file is provider for testing. I do not know if this is the best set up but see how it behaves. It get's away fast from bad trades with small profit and then you catch the new trend nicely. Needs tunning, support for more pairs and better entry conditions. The notation on the set fiile is 10 = MGSTEP 4 = SalvageMartingaleLevel 7 = MaxOrders

Also after the 'firstbreak even' hit the ea should really reconsider the trend so it stops trading on the wrong direction. I have tested the code and is bug free all functions work Scalping, Martingale, Salvage, SL but one pair.

If there is any value to it you can include it on the final code. I have also more data, graphs, set files which I can provide over the weekend.

Regards

NC!

Thanks NC and definitely value added, I added this routine,

if(MGMode == 0 && EquityTrailing == true) if (AccountEquity() >= AccountBalance() + (AccountBalance() * PercentEquityTrailing / 100)) CloseAll();

just waiting until the weekend to check if it works or not. Yes if you get a chance would like to see your data,set files ,graphs. In your testing then the break even function was working?

Some results on a Pepperstone account had more tests but every time you exit they demo account you have to start a new demo account so I do not have previous account test data. Must say fast executions and compare to GoMarkets at an instance when I checked TS had 44 trades on Pepperstone and 19 on Go Markets. ECN is better. Will send later more test with FXCM.

More tomorrow,

NC!

Here is the original problem where tickscalper could not profit but it could break even on few instances but there was no provision in the code.

With the new code at Supersafemode - MGSTEP 55, SalvageMartigaleStep 3, MaxOrders 8 should be very safe based on short term forward testing. The ea trades M1 but I use H1 to show all martingale levels. No time waisted trading against the market. Less DD and risk. But never the less in my mind if there is a strong trend against you they may be a chance that it can not break even and will loose a lot of equity, blow account.

Can anyone back test it on good data to see how it behaves? Few more pictures...later and set files.

Interesting is the behavior on smaler MGSTEP were it gets away from counter trends and trades the trend again, if we can manage a multi pair ea with max lot .08 per pair it will be interesting.

Here is older version which could not profit but could break even. Way before we reach MaxOrders.

NC!

While the new versions were created I optimized the TickScalper_v3.45.1 on one pair to my previous post ideas, strategy. Called for now TickScalper_v3.45.1.NC which I share with you. I have added comments to the code for explanation and you can use the Find. Comment has // NC so easy to discover difference to 3.45.1.

My focus is to Salvage trades to breakeven before StopLoss. I have more ideas if there is any value in it. I think is very valuable to have stategies when the market goes against you and not only SL. So modifications are only on the martingale part of the code.

{ Quote form the comments

Added Salvage mode but also in case market goes against us to do martingales until PercentEquityTrailing or worst case MaxOrders+1 MGSTEP STOP LOSS.

Giving more chance to this ea to breakeven prior to STOP LOSS. So we go for TP or martingale profit until SalvageMartingaleStep -1 .

From SalvageMartingaleStep until MaxOrders we give chance to preak even sice we do not have profit by continuing martingales until break even

Or Maxorders + 1 MGSTEP STOP LOSSThis works for only one pair

}

Example of set file is provider for testing. I do not know if this is the best set up but see how it behaves. It get's away fast from bad trades with small profit and then you catch the new trend nicely. Needs tunning, support for more pairs and better entry conditions. The notation on the set fiile is 10 = MGSTEP 4 = SalvageMartingaleLevel 7 = MaxOrders

Also in the future we could write code that after the 'firstbreak even' hit the ea should really reconsider the trend so it stops trading on the wrong direction. It is not supported now.

I have tested the code and is bug free all functions work Scalping, Martingale, Salvage, SL but one pair.

If there is any value to it you can include it on the final code. I have also more data, graphs, set files which I can provide over the weekend.

Names of set files are not exact are more experimental see values to understand and code.

Regards

NC!

Is it correct the way I did it?

Yes, correct.

Here is the chart of the new idea were now it breaks even if it market goes against our trade. I only have one good chart did not save others. This is on FXCM. Observe that the last two sets of orders hit the equity trailing (ET) with profit value .01 and stop trading after that until it gets a confirm signal from the ea's indicators to trade again. More tunning needs on this part. I like the fact that this time it did not lock it self in to waisted martingales until ET was hit again or SL. Set up is MGSTEP= 10,SalvageMartingaleStep=4,EquityTrailing=0.01, MaxOrders=10.

I will edit and add to the post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page35

of this ea version some experimental set files for your review.

Any ideas anyone? Any value in it? ND how can I refer to a post with a link in the forum? Is it correct the way I did it?

NC!

Historical data FXCM MGSTEP 20, SalvageMartingaleStep=3, MaxOrders= 7 poor quality but can see DD and profit curve.

Files:

nc!:
Here is the chart of the new idea were now it breaks even if it market goes against our trade. I only have one good chart did not save others. This is on FXCM. Observe that the last two sets of orders hit the equity trailing (ET) with profit value .01 and stop trading after that until it gets a confirm signal from the ea's indicators to trade again. More tunning needs on this part. I like the fact that this time it did not lock it self in to waisted martingales until ET was hit again or SL. Set up is MGSTEP= 10,SalvageMartingaleStep=4,EquityTrailing=0.01, MaxOrders=10.

I will edit and add to the post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179720/page35

of this ea version some experimental set files for your review.

Any ideas anyone? Any value in it? ND how can I refer to a post with a link in the forum? Is it correct the way I did it?

NC!

Historical data FXCM MGSTEP 20, SalvageMartingaleStep=3, MaxOrders= 7 poor quality but can see DD and profit curve.

Hi NC,

Thanks for your work, and definitely see value anyway kinda stuck on how to do the break even with the martingale here's what i have so far, the BreakEven is in the buy and sell functions but far as i can see not for martingale.

if (OrderEquityTrailing == true && TotalProfit(0,ProfitMode,0,0) >= BreakEven)

everything else far as i can see is done, I'm figuring break even is something like order profit + swap +commission+Mg_PipStep X Opened orders but not sure, thinking of adding this somehow into the buy and sell routine.Anyway doing some research on this part and probably tomorrow sometime will hopefully be posting the Ea.

Reason: