10points 3.mq4 - page 284

What settings did u use and what is your broker?

did u try t-jrsx 30 on 1h timeframe?

master001:
What settings did u use and what is your broker? did u try t-jrsx 30 on 1h timeframe?

Modeling quality is horrible also 32.88%

neta1o:
Modeling quality is horrible also 32.88%

I have used frame 4H all of default with IBFX. Tomorrow you shipment an other back test with the quality of the greater model of 32.88. The problem is that also in little bars it has nearly annulled the account.

As I thought, in a month 19 apr 07 to the 20 may 07.

Set default, 4 hours, IBFX.

try different timeframe and jrsx settings and pipstep

in the same period i get totally different results on ibfx both on 1h and 4h timeframe

You write yours here turns out to you in that period and we confront them ..... I I have not mistaken.

test FXDD 4h

FXA0

GBP/USD

1M data from broker Alpari

Start deposit 1000$

Timeframe - 4H

Start test 1.1.2007

Modeling quality 89%

Fast bad end !

test 1H gbp/usd

FXA0

GBP/USD

1M data from broker Alpari

Start deposit 1000$

Timeframe - 1H

Start test 1.1.2007

Modeling quality 89%

Fxao

Good job I didn't read all these back tests before I forward tested this EA, perhaps I wouldn't have found the good results that I am currently having.

It is my opinion that with all these types of 10p3 derivatives they all will fail ultimately but the secret is to harvest the profits as they are gained and since that is impossible in demo accounts most the back tests will fail.

If however funds are withdrawn as profit is gained, hopefully, sooner or later more profit will have been removed than was originally funded. The other point to consider with back testing, often MM is used and the chance of a big hit consuming the account is greatly enhanced whereas if funds are systematically removed the loss will not be so dramatic.

John

Fxao

Onward and upward irrespective of the gloomy backtesting.

This EA can be found on page 274 as can the work explaining how it was researched and created by neta1o.

Since the 7th July it has doubled the $230 demo account using a .1 progression on a mini IBFX account. The point made on my previous post has been proved about harvesting funds from accounts when in profit. No doubt if left with a Money Management feature working, ultimately, it will come across a series of trades that could bankrupt the account. That is what back tests will prove but with a sensible withdrawal strategy the problem when and if it comes can be minimal in relation to the harvested funds.

John

Files:
fxao6.htm  47 kb
fxao6.gif  5 kb
Reason: