10points 3.mq4 - page 228

FutureMillionaire?:
I've just had a disaster. POWER CUT !!!!!!! Lost, everything!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=261661&CatId=235

This unit / units like this will give you hours of power through an outage and then will put your windows computer into sleep mode if the power is not restored. This way your applications can continue where they left off once power is restored.

KillerKhan:
today's move of USDJPY kills a martingale type of system. Notice how its not 1 big move but gradual slow progression with almost no retrace.

EXACTLY! This is the worst - AND why an effective trading solution needs to have a mechanical collar.

The collar can look like many different things.. could be a hedge equal to the number of open positions... It could be a stop loss... It could simply be a re-evaluation of the market direction.

How bad doesd bad have to get before you realize your on the wrong side of the market???

all valid points MegaLeads

MegaLeads:
EXACTLY! This is the worst - AND why an effective trading solution needs to have a mechanical collar.

The collar can look like many different things.. could be a hedge equal to the number of open positions... It could be a stop loss... It could simply be a re-evaluation of the market direction.

How bad doesd bad have to get before you realize your on the wrong side of the market???

A hedge based on the signal of a trend leading indicator would be usefull. Like after a certain level of the progression or a certain loss the hedge kicks in until the indicator shows a trend reversal.

KillerKhan:
today's move of USDJPY kills a martingale type of system. Notice how its not 1 big move but gradual slow progression with almost no retrace.

What move? Where? What time? Did you guys think of volume? Did you check the ATR is getting lower and lower? Why still trading if the market is ready to breakout?

MegaLeads:

Give me a few days sort things out, and get you guys ready on a new way to start testing my system. You'll see thing entirely different on martingale. I wanted to say good bye sooooo many times, but I just cant resist to share things with you guys.

Regards

David

very good result

nice statement David,take your time and sort things out,but forget this ''good bye'' idea,you are under arrest man

by the RB26 Team

,you have the right to not remain silent and every thing you will say will not be taken against you.

'' hope the american police doesn't hate me ''

davidke20:
Give me a few days sort things out, and get you guys ready on a new way to start testing my system. You'll see thing entirely different on martingale. I wanted to say good bye sooooo many times, but I just cant resist to share things with you guys.

Regards

David

Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve Dave!

MegaLeads:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=261661&CatId=235 This unit / units like this will give you hours of power through an outage and then will put your windows computer into sleep mode if the power is not restored. This way your applications can continue where they left off once power is restored.

Actually, I have a UPS .. but it's currently in use at our business premises. I hope, shortly, to be closing down the business, so I will be able to install it here with my forex computers. (I shall also have quite a number of extra computers .. so I intend setting up a bank of them, to run lots and lots of demo EAs. That should give me the edge when deciding which ones to play live)

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
Actually, I have a UPS .. but it's currently in use at our business premises. I hope, shortly, to be closing down the business, so I will be able to install it here with my forex computers. (I shall also have quite a number of extra computers .. so I intend setting up a bank of them, to run lots and lots of demo EAs. That should give me the edge when deciding which ones to play live) Ray

Also big electric bill

davidke20

Love the intelligence displayed by the results of the EA already!

#1 - Modifying S/L and TP rather than closing the positions and opening new ones - avoiding unnecessary spreads.

#2 - Stable enough to be able to trade on multiple currencies (even when they overlap on common currencies - for the average martingale this would be a death sentence)

#3 - Largest loss = -$3.71 Highest gain $15.17 (great ratio!)

#4 - Max Positions open on a pair at one time = 4 (very low risk)

I'm Loving what I'm Seeing...

Reason: