10points 3.mq4 - page 287

Exactly which version are you using please?

A slightly updated version with a few small tweaks, posted by david...yeoeleven had good results with the version you are using and recently posted a settings file on the previous page. If your getting good results it would be good to continue with the version your using. I'm sure the data would be valuable.

-neta1o

Maybe you'd like to try the LSMA (attached).

Also attached is the fractal dimension indicator which indicates trending activity.

Here are my results for this week up to now.

I will take off the ush/chf and add the updated ea starting today

Files:
7-26.htm  55 kb

rcthkd:
Here are my results for this week up to now. I will take off the ush/chf and add the updated ea starting today

What's the gold doing here?????????????????????

I forgot that was there. That was a manual trade not with the ea

disreguard

eur/usd & usd/chf was with the ea

Rick

I setup a $1000 demo trading this EA on EURUSD and GBPUSD H4 as I recommended. I'll post the results in a week or two...

New FXAO

24 hours in to my testing of the FXAO with time limits I can say in my opinion it is a backward step. The EA has proved to be robust enough to handle most situations but now is denied the opportunity of making profit.

The momentum built up previously has gone and has been replaced with this very slow version. Over the past 24 hours I have gone backwards and had losses instead of the expected profits.

In the interests of comparison can someone who has maintained the previous version please post a detailed statement over the past day (26th) if the result shows that the original version showed a loss I will maintain the new version otherwise it is gone.

John

Files:

I've had similar results to John so far on EURUSD and GBPUSD here is the picture. I'm still developing...

Looks like it really depends on when you start this thing. Started at the right time you really get going on some good trades. Started at the wrong time it ends trying to keep itself out of a whole. Guess I'll have to give it a little better intelligence on choosing its entries.

-neta1o

Files:

Interesting to note that even the backtest on this using the current data shows the hit, we'll see if it recovers as I'll be continuing the forward test.

There is an obvious weakness in ranging markets...I'm going to be abandoning the newsfilter, as I believe there is money to be made all throughout the day.

Here are some of my future developments...let me know any of your ideas.

- Use better indicators

- Use different take profit targets during active times and less active times (auto adjusts)

- Double down to increase gains instead of just to recoop losses

- Program will internally keep track of gains and losses and adjust risk based on successes

- Program will automatically adjust for sweet spots, if target is unrealistic (above a all time high or above a logical support/resistance it will adjust it)

Still working on this...I'll likely be starting a new thread soon as the deviation from 10points3 is substantial at this point. I'll keep you posted.

Reason: