10points 3.mq4 - page 355

berdj:
Thanks Zant,

Would you please change the size or give us the option to do so to micro mini.

Grreatly appreciate this!

10p3 margin calculation update ver.

suggestion to improve 10points3v2.0

I like the Yeoeleven settings. On the M15 chart there seems to be plenty of opportunities in the Eur/Usd without looking at other currencies which do not perform as well in backtests. In my opinion the sideways market is best enviroment for this EA. It gets into trouble when the price rapidly expands, using up the last progression and as it enters a strong trend against us, there is insufficient retracement to close out positions with a profit. My suggestion is instead of using fixed pips between progressions, have user definable inputs for the number of pips for each progression (up to 10 progressions). For example, instead of the program adding a position every 5 pips after the market moves against our position, it could add the first one in 4 pips, the second one in 5 pips, the third one in 8 pips, the fourth one in 16 pips, and the fifth one in 20 pips (whatever is input). One could still set each pips level to 5 pips if they wanted. What this modification might do is allow it to adapt better to a rapidly expanding market such a when it breaks out of a narrow sideways channel. It would be adding more risk after the market expands, not before it expands. Also the higher progressions would end up closer to the stop loss causing less losses if hit. Many thanks to Davidke20 and to Yeoeleven for sharing his settings.

UJ pair seems a sideways pair.

But I wonder, why it won't work in this ea..

neoo:
I like the Yeoeleven settings. On the M15 chart there seems to be plenty of opportunities in the Eur/Usd without looking at other currencies which do not perform as well in backtests. In my opinion the sideways market is best enviroment for this EA. It gets into trouble when the price rapidly expands, using up the last progression and as it enters a strong trend against us, there is insufficient retracement to close out positions with a profit. My suggestion is instead of using fixed pips between progressions, have user definable inputs for the number of pips for each progression (up to 10 progressions). For example, instead of the program adding a position every 5 pips after the market moves against our position, it could add the first one in 4 pips, the second one in 5 pips, the third one in 8 pips, the fourth one in 16 pips, and the fifth one in 20 pips (whatever is input). One could still set each pips level to 5 pips if they wanted. What this modification might do is allow it to adapt better to a rapidly expanding market such a when it breaks out of a narrow sideways channel. It would be adding more risk after the market expands, not before it expands. Also the higher progressions would end up closer to the stop loss causing less losses if hit. Many thanks to Davidke20 and to Yeoeleven for sharing his settings.

For me it doesn't seems like an improvement. Here is the EA and backtest. Your Pips setting is your initial PipStep for your 1st trade. When your progression reach 3rd level, you'll open trade at -10pips from your 2nd trade; your 4th level will be 15pips from your 3rd trade; and your 5th level will bet 20pips from your 4th trades, and so on. No furthur support for this version unless you can show me prove that it is profitable in the long run.

Regards

David

Files:

Results since sunday

Good morning everybody.

David, you are right is too risky. I have made some changes in my setttings: Only level 3 (0.10, 0.20 and 0.40 lots), and Stoploss reduced from 160 to 80, but it seems even so risky. Definitively, I need a 5.000 account, or microlots for my $1.000 account. Here are my results. You can see a large drawdown, that almost lost the amount earned. Next week I'm gonna test microlots on the same account.

10p3v0.02

10p3v0.02 is still moving upward.

Untouched since 26th November when the account had a balance of $78 now is standing at $263.02.

Last week's results are posted below. The EA and the set file is untouched and was posted previously.

John

Files:
10p3n.htm  48 kb
10p3n.gif  5 kb

10points3multipipstepv.001

Thanks for trying this multipipstep version. No joy here either.

Some traders seem to use MACD as a bullish/bearish indicator where above zero is bullish and below zero is bearish. The current version 10points3v.2(which I like) will sell if MACD is above zero and MACD histogram goes from above the triggerline to below the triggerline. Has anyone tried to make a version which, when MACD is above zero, will BUY if the MACD histogram goes from below the triggerline to above the triggerline? This version might be placed on a separate chart to maybe hedge signals against the normal version. (If I'm not mistaken, the program normally would not buy unless MACD is below zero and the MACD histogram rises from below the triggerline to above the triggerline.) Consider the case where price barely causes the MACD to trigger a sell signal on the normal version, but price then decides to go up unexpectedly quickly in a bullish direction. The new version would be buying while, shortly after, the normal version would be selling. If such a new version were profitable on its own, then running both simultaneously might be even more profitable and possibly safer, given they will often be hedging against each other.

I think it might be a mistake though to put both signals in the same program because there would be too many signals in close proximity on a M15 chart. It would end up ignoring alot of signals if the prior signal has a trade still open.

can this EA use for live account? most of it i got, they only allow for demo account.... can i have this EA for latest version, thanks

These results are impressive. Any hints as to which indicator you used for entry? And only for USDJPY?

One thing I noticed however is that over the longer term if you had started your EA at the wrong time--just a matter of luck--you would have lost your entire $10,000.

Maximal drawdown 10116.29(33.26%)

The EA like the 10Points3 EA increases lot sizing according to account balance so the max drawdown that you see happens when the lots have been increased in size according to account size so its the 33% of the account balance at that time. A 10K drawdown wouldn't happen when the account is much smaller. The blow out wouldn't occur in such a way.

There are two unique indicators being used -- one of which that I have created -- they are being used together to create a type of market profile one for vector and one for momentum -- that's about the most I can mention, unfortunately I cannot share them.

Best of luck!

-DGV

saintmo:
These results are impressive. Any hints as to which indicator you used for entry? And only for USDJPY?

One thing I noticed however is that over the longer term if you had started your EA at the wrong time--just a matter of luck--you would have lost your entire $10,000.

Maximal drawdown 10116.29(33.26%)
Reason: