10points 3.mq4 - page 361

davidke20:
Wow! Radical modification on the indicator usage. Thanks for the contribution. By the way, can you please upload togather with the indicator? I mean your "Good MACD"

Regards

David

You will find it in this link:

Forex | Trading System | Signals | MACD | Indicator

or just use regular MACD indicator, but change the name to GOOD_MACD

Attached is my very simple version no indicators required the only problem is i can't seem to get the reversal signal to work properly.

Cheers

Beno

Files:

Beno:
Attached is my very simple version no indicators required the only problem is i can't seem to get the reversal signal to work properly.

Cheers

Beno

Its working fine. I just backtested it.

Regards

David

Gidday David

Sorry I did not explain my self correctly what I have been trying to do is on each new open look back and see which pattern is there be it long or short if neither exist 1) do not open any new positions 2) if positions are open close them and wait for a new pattern.

The other thing I have been looking at is setting a percentage (AccountEquity) based SL I have been searching the various threads looking for info on weather this has been done before. Do you know if it has?

Anyway just thinking out loud

Cheers

Beno

Files:

Beno:
Gidday David

Sorry I did not explain my self correctly what I have been trying to do is on each new open look back and see which pattern is there be it long or short if neither exist 1) do not open any new positions 2) if positions are open close them and wait for a new pattern.

The other thing I have been looking at is setting a percentage (AccountEquity) based SL I have been searching the various threads looking for info on weather this has been done before. Do you know if it has?

Anyway just thinking out loud

Cheers

Beno

OK then, you'll need to add in a function in the EA to close off the order. Or else, it will take the previous order's direction as the current order's direction. AccountEquity stop loss version has been done before out of TSD at Yahoo Group.

Regards

David

cheers David

thanks for the up date

Hey Beno

It's Rugby time, the Sharks are on their way over mate. :-)

Cheers

Wayne

Gidday KaMpeR

ARC RUGBY

It's going to be great

I'm sorry but I don't know how to code the function or where it should go could someone please have a look at it. or some guidance would be great.

It may look like I'm lazy but I'm not I have been learning but it just does not seem to stick in my head. and if you don't use it you lose it I guess.

cheers

Beno

p.s

Wayne

Crusaders will win Super 14

davidke20:
Its working fine. I just backtested it.

Regards

David

Working fine for whom? For broker?

I used your updated expert yesterday night on GPB USD

I had won 26$ and lost about 80$ and this is not backtest. that's for real

you should make your expert at least recognize the trend immediately, otherwise there will be more losses than wins unfortunately!

Reason: