MACD indicator - page 108

One interesting version : crazypipsmacd.ex4

Files:
macd.gif  36 kb

Hi Guys,

I apologise if this has been asked before but I am after a standard MACD with Alert indicator that alerts me (and places an arrow) for the MACD line crosses over ONLY if the following 2 conditions are met.

Crosses from below moving up but the MACD and signal line MUST BE ABOVE the zero line at the time (Normal crossovers that are below the zero line must be ignored)

OR

Crosses from above moving down but the MACD and signal line MUST BE BELOW the zero line at the time (Normal crossovers that are above the zero line must be ignored)

Also any zero crossovers are to be ignored as well - Just the two situation as explained above.

Here is an image explaining the conditions and when the alerts must notify me. All other crossovers must be ignored. (ie where the arrows are should alert me - The first two are buy and the last one is a sell)

If anybody has ideas or links to and indicator that alerts in these situations then I'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Files:

stryker:
Hi Guys,

I apologise if this has been asked before but I am after a standard MACD with Alert indicator that alerts me (and places an arrow) for the MACD line crosses over ONLY if the following 2 conditions are met.

Crosses from below moving up but the MACD and signal line MUST BE ABOVE the zero line at the time (Normal crossovers that are below the zero line must be ignored)

OR

Crosses from above moving down but the MACD and signal line MUST BE BELOW the zero line at the time (Normal crossovers that are above the zero line must be ignored)

Also any zero crossovers are to be ignored as well - Just the two situation as explained above.

Here is an image explaining the conditions and when the alerts must notify me. All other crossovers must be ignored. (ie where the arrows are should alert me - The first two are buy and the last one is a sell)

If anybody has ideas or links to and indicator that alerts in these situations then I'd be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Stryker, think this one does what your looking for.

Hey, That's perfect. Many thanks to you Mrtools

Do you know if there any instructions for the different settings? I've tried to view the code but not much help there. Just want to know the different modes and such so I can fine tune it.

Not to worry if there isn't any explanation on the options - it looks like it does what I want. Thanks again.

hi. can anybody point me to MACD 12 26 9 with Levels alert,

meaning, alert will only sound when price closed above 0.01 and below 0.01

zero cross are not accurate enough.

function is similar to adx levels.

i have this MACD_Colored_v104,

then again it's not what i needed.

Thanks Much.

MMRPS:
hi. can anybody point me to MACD 12 26 9 with Levels alert,

meaning, alert will only sound when price closed above 0.01 and below 0.01

zero cross are not accurate enough.

function is similar to adx levels.

i have this MACD_Colored_v104,

then again it's not what i needed.

Thanks Much.

ZMMRPS

MACD is an unbound indicator. And it depends on symbols and time frames. Meaning : value of a macd on a 1 minute cghart is much, much smaller than on monthly for example. using some fixed levels would not help at all. Try some macd versions that have dynamic levels

Can someone look at this and see if an ea alert can be made or at least started as a first signal for a trade.

I have used a BB_MACD indicator to get the under the chart indicator and had to remove the MACD for this illustration.

I found that a BB under the chart superimposed on another with a separate setting, obtains very accurate predictive reversal signals and coincidentally gets divergence and hidden divergence too - a by-product.

As a bonus it even worked on the Dow!

Attached is an illustration of what it looks like, a simple 1m GU chart, but it does work on other timeframes too with the same settings.

Daily and offline charts need differing settings.

Let me know if it is a possibilty, either way, as the crossing of separate BB values seems simple enough in theory but I realise that practically it can not be easy.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Files:
bb_alert_ea.png  57 kb

mrtools:
40mitch, added options for dots and divergence.

Hey guys, sorry to be a pest, but is it possible to get the .mq4 version of this indicator? This is a kick-ass indi and I've been using it a LOT, but with slightly different defaults. With all the excellent inputs, adding the indi to a chart is tedious.

Much thanks in advance!

Awesome MACD

awesome_macd.mq4

Files:

Hi - Perhaps this is the appropriate place to ask.

Can somebody pls change the output of the "MACD colored + mtf nmc.mq4" to tape/bars type histo as per example.

The current setting choice must stay the same.

Thanks - Any help appreciated

macd_colored__mtf_nmc.mq4

Reason: