10points 3.mq4 - page 360

madscalp:
Thank you, David

Excuse me because you seem angry.

I like a lot this EA and as you I'm trying to avoid this trade.

Nope. May be I delivered it wrongly. Sorry for that because English is not my 1st language. I'm trying to say you can go ahead and modify them if you have a good indicator. I may not be the suitable candidate to play with customized indicator because I'm not particular on them.

On the other hand, the no 100% is only my own opinion. I personally dont trust in perfect, but I trust in pefection. Ofcourse there is other ways that can make the EA sustain a little longer. Who knows after some modification it could roll for the next 10 years? 20 years without blow up? But still, 1 thing forsure, it will still blow up. Its just the matter of when. Agree with me?

Regards

David

davidke20:
Agree with me?

Yes I agree.

We cannot now change all the system.

For you, how many times yearly this move of 100 pips without retracement can occur ?

It would be necessary to know statistically how many times it occurs.

If it occurs one time, it's possible to manage a small account by withdrawing regularly the profits.

When there will be the big problem, there will have been earnings.

madscalp:
Yes I agree.

We cannot now change all the system.

For you, how many times yearly this move of 100 pips without retracement can occur ?

It would be necessary to know statistically how many times it occurs.

If it occurs one time, it's possible to manage a small account by withdrawing regularly the profits.

When there will be the big problem, there will have been earnings.

Oh well. To kill this system, broker has more advance system. According to my experience, it does need to shoot 100 pips without retracement. Broker has special tools to collect your PipStep, your StopLoss, and your Take Profit. All they do is widen spread neaby by your take profit. Then we're fcuked. Because you can never close your trades during the TP, and all the trades will be escalated until you maxxed out the margin. Statistic will continue change as broker continue to manipulate the Bid/Ask. No matter how much statistics you collected, when broker decided to play you out, you're out. Thats it.

Speaking of which, if you do have a $78 dollars account, what would you do when its reaching $150 dollars just like John did? Dont even mentioned $300. Besides of John, I bet its only discipline problem that the trader couldn't take out the profit because they refused to lose the opportunity to make more big bucks. John couldn't take them out because it was a demo account. Anyways, we have 3 months buffer atleast.

Regards

David

davidke20:
Oh well. To kill this system, broker has more advance system. According to my experience, it does need to shoot 100 pips without retracement. Broker has special tools to collect your PipStep, your StopLoss, and your Take Profit. All they do is widen spread neaby by your take profit. Then we're fcuked. Because you can never close your trades during the TP, and all the trades will be escalated until you maxxed out the margin. Statistic will continue change as broker continue to manipulate the Bid/Ask. No matter how much statistics you collected, when broker decided to play you out, you're out. Thats it.

Speaking of which, if you do have a $78 dollars account, what would you do when its reaching $150 dollars just like John did? Dont even mentioned $300. Besides of John, I bet its only discipline problem that the trader couldn't take out the profit because they refused to lose the opportunity to make more big bucks. John couldn't take them out because it was a demo account. Anyways, we have 3 months buffer atleast.

Regards

David

Do tou think really your broker is worried by your mini mini mini account in order to know the PS, the SL and the TP of your EA ?

I don't believe that !

Even if the broker can know that, he will not make it to blow up a mini account of $100 or $200.

No, the real problem is the big move without retracement.

It's the death trap of martingales.

madscalp:
Do tou think really your broker is worried by your mini mini mini account in order to know the PS, the SL and the TP of your EA ?

I don't believe that !

Even if the broker can know that, he will not make it to blow up a mini account of $100 or $200.

No, the real problem is the big move without retracement.

It's the death trap of martingales.

I dont believe too. But it happened for more then 5 times to me. And luckily most of them after my withdrawal. Frankly speaking, if you cant remove a 150bucks profit from a 300 balance account, you're not going to remove your 1500 from a 3000 account. Same thing goes round and round. People come, people test, people confident, people go live, and never come back again. Either they make money, or they burnt. I bet dozens of people now cursing davidke20 to hell for recommending them a margin call EA. And, to avoid no retracement between 100pips, you can always set your pip step as 100pips devide by your MaxTrades. That way you'll get the best pipstep you've been optimized for. Just for your information, throw the EA on the backtester, enable the Optimization, select your Pips/TakeProfit column and test it from 2 ~ 30, stepping 1 for both column. Leave the backtester run optimization for a night or two, then you'll get the overall trading range that HAS the retracement. With this settings, you can probably make the EA run for another few months(part of the reason I'm still surviving until today).

Regards

David

davidke20:
I dont believe too. But it happened for more then 5 times to me. And luckily most of them after my withdrawal. Frankly speaking, if you cant remove a 150bucks profit from a 300 balance account, you're not going to remove your 1500 from a 3000 account. Same thing goes round and round. People come, people test, people confident, people go live, and never come back again. Either they make money, or they burnt. I bet dozens of people now cursing davidke20 to hell for recommending them a margin call EA. And, to avoid no retracement between 100pips, you can always set your pip step as 100pips devide by your MaxTrades. That way you'll get the best pipstep you've been optimized for. Just for your information, throw the EA on the backtester, enable the Optimization, select your Pips/TakeProfit column and test it from 2 ~ 30, stepping 1 for both column. Leave the backtester run optimization for a night or two, then you'll get the overall trading range that HAS the retracement. With this settings, you can probably make the EA run for another few months(part of the reason I'm still surviving until today).

Regards

David

I agree, David.

So, after this problem, what is your advice to go on this EA ?

What new settings ?

Regards.

madscalp:
I agree, David.

So, after this problem, what is your advice to go on this EA ?

What new settings ?

Regards.

We still haven't test 10p3v0.03 H1 EURUSD in the full scale. The only test that support us currently is only a backtest. I would like to take a look at that thing. May be it could last a little longer? Dont know. The truth is still out there. I'm rather busy with other project. So, hope you guys can find out v0.03 useful. For futhur information, please refer page 323 on post #3228.

Regards

David

10p3v0.02

As has been previously posted this testing has hit the stop loss costing $200 out of the $300 account which the EA gained from starting out with $78.

So having lost $200 from the profit this EA is still in profit and starting to climb again. Will continue to monitor and report each week.

The testing started on the 26th November and currently has had the MaxTrades reduced to 4 after the loss.

John

Files:
10p3p.htm  40 kb
10p3p.gif  5 kb
10p3v0.02.mq4  11 kb
10p3.set  1 kb

I've been using it in my live account for the whole March 2008 and it makes more than 30$ for me. I use only for gbpusd 15m and lots 0.01. In demo I opened a 1000 mini and 6 pairs. wo! 3600$ profit on one week.

I backtested the Feb and Jan would have big loss. I tested on March there's also a big loss but on my live account there's no such big loss. Don't know why. Maybe there's what said the demo is different than live?

The attached ea won't make much money than the original one but won't broken the account, so increase the lots from 0.01 to 0.1

Files:

veritasfx:
I've been using it in my live account for the whole March 2008 and it makes more than 30$ for me. I use only for gbpusd 15m and lots 0.01. In demo I opened a 1000 mini and 6 pairs. wo! 3600$ profit on one week.

I backtested the Feb and Jan would have big loss. I tested on March there's also a big loss but on my live account there's no such big loss. Don't know why. Maybe there's what said the demo is different than live?

The attached ea won't make much money than the original one but won't broken the account, so increase the lots from 0.01 to 0.1

Wow! Radical modification on the indicator usage. Thanks for the contribution. By the way, can you please upload togather with the indicator? I mean your "Good MACD"

Regards

David

Reason: