10points 3.mq4 - page 174

hi yeoeleven,

Sorry to hear this, I was really getting excited about mod1e!

I am currently forward testing thest two now. Will report using somewhat different settings. Do you have any settings you would like me to test these on, if you do please lay them out and I'll get right on it. Appreciate everything you do.

N2

yeoeleven:
Well finally it had to happen. Both EAs were on the wrong side of recent moves and both had losing progressions at the same time.

Still in profit for the exercise but not enough to be happy about.

Oh well back to the drawing boards Mod1e caused the most damage losing $778.4 with a progression of .1 .2 .3 .5 .8 1.2 whilst GoblinFibo recovered some with a progression of .1 .1 .2 .3 with the last closing in profit $48 and the first 3 showing a loss of $72.

Overall prior to this last loss Mod1e was ahead in the profit gained but now lags behind so the steadier GoblinFibo has won the day. Of course everything is in the settings and with different ones the outcome would have been considerably different. The settings used for this test can be found on Page 145 Post 1447.

Comments will be welcome we all are looking for the best settings for an EA that outperforms the others.

John

humax:
Today is a sad day. 10point3, 10point4_mode1, v12, 10point3 hedged are all losing badly today.

Even my almost_dead_micro account which gained nearly 50% increase last week, had to give it all back today.

How is your hedged version doing David?

OK, here I am again to post you guys my v12 result. Not much changes though. Enjoy

Regards,

David

I've decided to forward test the same Combo account that the ol'man has been testing with one twist. I intend to test mod1e and goblin using chfjpy and gbpusd respectively. I see chfjpy as a more even handed pair so I'm thinking that the more volatile EA, mod1e, should do better with this pair while the more safer EA, GoblinFibo, might do better with a more volitale pair such as gbpusd. At present I am using the standard settings that yeoeleven has been using to test his pairs (unless I am requested to do otherwise by these IMHO, geniuses... I will be giving a report as soon as I have something to report

N2

I have been using the regular martingale with 50 pip steps on 7 pairs and it has been going steady. Added about 3% to the equity in a 2 week period.

Gotta just be happy with slower, safer returns

Test Results at NF

There is a new brokerage, WHC with very interesting terms and conditions in their offer. (They have a thread somewhere in this forum.) So, I decided I give them a try and made a setup of V12 with their demo account on Sunday. But that setup had no orders for 10-12 hours and there was no failure message in the Journal or Experts tabs. So, I decided I would turn back to my original plan and transferred that setup to North Finance.

This time I am trading CHFJPY, EURGBP and EURUSD. Attached are the results for the first day and also the presets.

Files:

Forward testing

Need2bFree:
I've decided to forward test the same Combo account that the ol'man has been testing with one twist. I intend to test mod1e and goblin using chfjpy and gbpusd respectively. I see chfjpy as a more even handed pair so I'm thinking that the more volatile EA, mod1e, should do better with this pair while the more safer EA, GoblinFibo, might do better with a more volitale pair such as gbpusd. At present I am using the standard settings that yeoeleven has been using to test his pairs (unless I am requested to do otherwise by these IMHO, geniuses... I will be giving a report as soon as I have something to report N2

We will be interested in whichever pairs you decide to test with any considered settings. I will continue the Combo account and see if it can regain more profitability currently up to $423 profit since 18th Feb.

After the weekend it was +338 closed and -133 floating. Currently it is +423 closed and +4 floating so it has made some progress since then.

John

FutureMillionaire - thanks for posting statement - but as this is a backtest, the spread hasn't been deducted has it? Do you have a forward test you can post - very interested to see how this works even though a 3xmartingale strategy seems rather risky!

Toccata:
FutureMillionaire - thanks for posting statement - but as this is a backtest, the spread hasn't been deducted has it? Do you have a forward test you can post - very interested to see how this works even though a 3xmartingale strategy seems rather risky!

OK, here's the current statement. It's very early days though.

Just out of interest, as you say ... it is risky. It looks as if it will work on EURUSD, but I did a backtest on GBPUSD and it wiped out. Having said that, I decided to run a forward test on GBPUSD .. and..at the moment, it's doing well (but I'm not expecting it to last)

Regards,

Ray

FutureMillionaire?:
With my live 10point3_dynamic_stop account, it could severely dent my account if this trade doesn't work. (it's already on the eighth trade )

It lost!

Hi all,

I started fresh this week with lot size 0.1 and mm=0. Here is the result from yesterday. So far ... so good ...

Cheers,

Reason: