10points 3.mq4 - page 348

I increase my acount balance to $65.000 so it could pass the 10 level for multiplier 2, and it work. see attachment.

If I change multiplier to 1,7 i only need $30.000 for 10 level.

But multiplier 1.7 is won't work.

All is leverage 1:500

Files:
10p3_b.gif  9 kb
10p3_b.htm  401 kb

It is my forward testing statement (attached; leverage 1:100):

my settings with 10p3v0.03 for this 11 pairs.

Besides I am testing semi-automatic method:

- semi-automatic method of trading by EA: from this page till this page.

forexjim:
Hi David,

Would you please help me understand this?

I ran the exact same EA with same preset on IBFX MT4 and Velocity4 MT4 with identical account type, initial balance, leverage ratio, and time frame. I even exported the data feed from the two platforms and compared them to make sure their open, high, low, close, and volume are exactly identical. Yet the results were very different: IBFX MT4 generated lower DrawDown and was winning and Velocity4 MT4 gave much higher DrawDown and was losing miserably. Why this difference?

Thank you for advising.

forexjim

Velocity 0.01 lot needed 10 dollars for 1:100 leverage, whereas on IBFX micro account 0.01 lot only needed 1 dollar for 1:100 leverage. So, if you test on IBFX micro account with 500 balance, you'll need 5000 on velocity. Unless you ran the IBFX without "m" - I mean not under NANO condition. Otherwise, I cant think of any other reason can cause such significant difference.

Regards

David

duyduy:
Hahah I know the problem, I change multiplier to 2.

And the backtest begin..

The test hit MC, but I think should ok if the multiplier is 1.7

But I wonder why it won't work, Is this a bug?

Change your AccountType=0 if you're using broker that not allot 0.01 lot. Put multiplier back to 3, set your minimal balance at 10k with minimal 1:200 leverage. Not sure what the problem is, but try again and let me know

Regards

David

p/s: by the way, this EA doesn't support USDJPY. EURUSD only.

Broker comparisons

davidke20:
Velocity 0.01 lot needed 10 dollars for 1:100 leverage, whereas on IBFX micro account 0.01 lot only needed 1 dollar for 1:100 leverage. So, if you test on IBFX micro account with 500 balance, you'll need 5000 on velocity. Unless you ran the IBFX without "m" - I mean not under NANO condition. Otherwise, I cant think of any other reason can cause such significant difference.

Regards

David

Hi David,

Many thanks for the advice.

With both IBFX and Velocity4, the account type was standard, the balance was $8000, the leverage was 1:100, and IBFX did not have "m". All other comparisons revealed sameness as stated earlier. I was wondering if this difference suggests that our tests also need to include brokers as a variable. Could it be that even though the data feeds were identical the broker can still make changes in the platform so that the result differs.

This is uncomfortably bothersome.

What do you think?

Best,

forexjim

forexjim:
Hi David,

Many thanks for the advice.

With both IBFX and Velocity4, the account type was standard, the balance was $8000, the leverage was 1:100, and IBFX did not have "m". All other comparisons revealed sameness as stated earlier. I was wondering if this difference suggests that our tests also need to include brokers as a variable. Could it be that even though the data feeds were identical the broker can still make changes in the platform so that the result differs.

This is uncomfortably bothersome.

What do you think?

Best,

forexjim

OK. Then now I know. Velocity is 5 decimal on EURUSD, whilst IBFX is 4 decimal. So, by changing TP/SL/Pips and all other related to pip calculation column to *10. I guess this is the last issue.

Basically if you use the same data under the same condition with different broker, it should not vary at all. Because in the end, both of them are using the same MetaQuote's Built 211 trading software. Please verify whether my concern are correct. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Broker comparisons.

davidke20:
OK. Then now I know. Velocity is 5 decimal on EURUSD, whilst IBFX is 4 decimal. So, by changing TP/SL/Pips and all other related to pip calculation column to *10. I guess this is the last issue.

Basically if you use the same data under the same condition with different broker, it should not vary at all. Because in the end, both of them are using the same MetaQuote's Built 211 trading software. Please verify whether my concern are correct. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Hi David,

I do not know enough to verify what you suggest. When you have time you could use any version of the EA and run it on a standard account of each broker that you wish to compare while keeping all other variables constant (account type, initial deposit, leverage, data feed). You will see what I mean: the results can be very different.

Best,

forexjim

davidke20:
Change your AccountType=0 if you're using broker that not allot 0.01 lot. Put multiplier back to 3, set your minimal balance at 10k with minimal 1:200 leverage. Not sure what the problem is, but try again and let me know

Regards

David

p/s: by the way, this EA doesn't support USDJPY. EURUSD only.

Thanks David

I tested with FXOPEN 1:500. FXOPEN min lot is 0.1 lot

My balance is $30.000, I think it's enough My Setting is

Magic=772188

TakeProfit=45.00000000

Lots=0.10000000

InitialStop=1000.00000000

TrailingStop=0.00000000

MaxTrades=10

Multiplier=1.70000000

Pips=30

OrderstoProtect=5

Money_management=0

AccountType=0

risk=0.50000000

ReverseSignal=0

Fast_EMA=12

Slow_EMA=26

Signal_SMA=9

Shift=1

TradingRange=0

UseTimeFilter=0

StopTrade=13

StartTrade=18

The problem is if I use the multiplier 1.7 The Ea won't work.

When I change the multiplier to 2 or 3. The EA work fine.

I think it's about the decimal round up on broker that use min 0.1 lot like NF

Cause When using multipler 1.7

When minimal is 0.1 lot it should it round up. I think it's because of this.

so there is error in the journal tab ..

2008.02.19 14:37:06 2007.12.28 16:00 10p3v0.03 USDJPY,H4: OrderSend error 131

And Ea won't open the 2nd level

Start testing on MIG

Well, after reading almost all the posts, I'm gonna try it in MIG demo, eur-usd, 1:100 leverage. I have already activated it in M5, and there is one trade now. I have putted it in WHC, but I don't understand why there is no open trades, since it's working in the tester. I know that in Crown there's no open trades in backtester, because they had disabled it since you don't have a real account for at least 3K. But what about WHC? I checked it out the "smiley" EA, and same MIG set.

Results today

Here are the result last night in MIG account, notice that only the last 11 trades correspond to 10P3 V0.03, before were manual scalping. There 0.1, 0.3, and 0.9 (scaring!!) lots, no one lost, but i'm gonna set the EA to less risk Tonight. I have max trades= 6. $239 in one night!! But I think I was lucky (I was too scared when it buy 0.9 lot and in little time prices went down (total trade was about 8 hours, that I don't like because I'm a scalper and don't like to be too many time exposed to market. It's new to me). I'm going to put multiplier on 2.

Reason: