10points 3.mq4 - page 350

my set file

kissaki:
Hai, can you post your setting file? thank you.

Here we go.

10p3v003

davidke20:
Well, I think I delivered the wrong message to you. I meant dont stop backtesting once in awhile. It is a need to backtest in order to support your logic. And that is the reason why I never stop backtesting(eventhough they cant prove their accuracy). It is a need to run a logic on the history data, inorder to see the arrows from the chart inorder to see your logic pay into real action. So, my advice is when you have a backtest, save it into statement and show it up. Especially when you have a question on COMPARISON, its a need to view both candidates to figure out what is the difference in between. So, if you have the trouble on finding the same equity curve for 2 account type, you should save 2 type of statement, 1 with standard another with NANO and show it to me. That way I can look into the statment and tell you what is wrong with the logic. Its either you do the test wrong, or I coded a bug

Regards

David

Hi, David,

You are right. I will use backtests as they are worth.

Below are my live and demo forward statements. What do you think?

Best,

forexjim

Files:
live_080222.bmp  326 kb
demo_080222.bmp  367 kb

forexjim:
Hi, David,

You are right. I will use backtests as they are worth.

Below are my live and demo forward statements. What do you think?

Best,

forexjim

Yes, it proved that IBFX manipulated their data feed for live account. Look at 22.02.2008's trades. There is 2 closed trade, but the profit is 1cent different. Reason being the live feed was playing with REQUOTE/SLIPPAGE, that will caused the profit in different. Its easy to find this out, when you have computer running side by side. 1 with live account another with demo. Click on both of them to fire a market order at the same time. Then refer to the price and time you get in the trade. Normally demo account give you instant feedback that your trade was done. You got honoured with the realtime price, whereas your live account have a few seconds of different compare to your demo account. And the price MAY NOT be the same as the order you fired from the demo account. Then you can try to close both trade at the same time. You'll find that the demo account immediately have a "FCUK" sound occured, which indicate your order was closed, whilst your live account was stucked at the trade content for few seconds, then you could hear a "DRINK!" sound. You could get a requote/slippage, or you MAY hear the "FCUK" sound slightly later then the demo account's "FCUK", means your trade was closed. You'll figure all the trades open and close at the same time, but you get honoured at the different price. Now these has caused the difference between your live and demo forward testing.

Regards

David

Reverse Signal

Does any one try this EA with Reverse Signal with small TP? (3-7 TP).

Correct me if I'm wrong, this EA is Selling in overbought signal and buying in oversold signal.

But what I see in the chart, this EA mostly buy when Bearish Movement is strong and Sell when Bullish Movement is strong in H1 TF. I always see Floating Loss (FL) about 10 - 15 pips after the entry.

So, (this is my idea) if we can turn those FL become profit by reversing the siganl and lowering the TP we will have "many trades" with small profit, which is equal to huge profit. Will it work ?

Please Advice.... Thank You.

NB :I am not good on reading the programing scipt. So I really don't understand how this EA work...

kissaki:
Does any one try this EA with Reverse Signal with small TP? (3-7 TP).

Correct me if I'm wrong, this EA is Selling in overbought signal and buying in oversold signal.

But what I see in the chart, this EA mostly buy when Bearish Movement is strong and Sell when Bullish Movement is strong in H1 TF. I always see Floating Loss (FL) about 10 - 15 pips after the entry.

So, (this is my idea) if we can turn those FL become profit by reversing the siganl and lowering the TP we will have "many trades" with small profit, which is equal to huge profit. Will it work ?

Please Advice.... Thank You.

NB :I am not good on reading the programing scipt. So I really don't understand how this EA work...

If you wanted to do it that way, all you need to do is set ReverseSignal=True when you attach the EA, or select EA Properties on the chart. Then you'll get a buy position on a up trend, and sell position in a downtrend. Good luck.

Regards

David

10p3v003

davidke20:
Yes, it proved that IBFX manipulated their data feed for live account. Look at 22.02.2008's trades. There is 2 closed trade, but the profit is 1cent different. Reason being the live feed was playing with REQUOTE/SLIPPAGE, that will caused the profit in different. Its easy to find this out, when you have computer running side by side. 1 with live account another with demo. Click on both of them to fire a market order at the same time. Then refer to the price and time you get in the trade. Normally demo account give you instant feedback that your trade was done. You got honoured with the realtime price, whereas your live account have a few seconds of different compare to your demo account. And the price MAY NOT be the same as the order you fired from the demo account. Then you can try to close both trade at the same time. You'll find that the demo account immediately have a "FCUK" sound occured, which indicate your order was closed, whilst your live account was stucked at the trade content for few seconds, then you could hear a "DRINK!" sound. You could get a requote/slippage, or you MAY hear the "FCUK" sound slightly later then the demo account's "FCUK", means your trade was closed. You'll figure all the trades open and close at the same time, but you get honoured at the different price. Now these has caused the difference between your live and demo forward testing.

Regards

David

Hi, David,

Thank you for your precise dissection, which I understood and completely accept. This means all EAs, 10p3v003 included, will have to work harder in live accounts to win. That's life, fair or not.

Best,

forexjim

davidke20:
If you wanted to do it that way, all you need to do is set ReverseSignal=True when you attach the EA, or select EA Properties on the chart. Then you'll get a buy position on a up trend, and sell position in a downtrend. Good luck.

Regards

David

Davidke20, Thank you for your respond. but What I am asking was "is some one already try using ReverseSignal = true?"

Any Way, I am going to try it by tommorow [Monday].

How's the 4th version development going? Thank's for keep developing this EA. I believe this is gonna be a great EA.

Results for friday

That's the statement for the new demo account I opened for testing purposes. On friday it won $219, on an $2000 account, in M5 timeframe.

kissaki:
Davidke20, Thank you for your respond. but What I am asking was "is some one already try using ReverseSignal = true?"

Any Way, I am going to try it by tommorow [Monday].

How's the 4th version development going? Thank's for keep developing this EA. I believe this is gonna be a great EA.

Well, put it on a backtest to see whether your idea work. IMO, a wrong trading discretion may fail at the backtest, and obviously its going to fail on demo/live session; whereas, a good trading discretion can always do good on backtest. Still it doesn't prove that it will work on demo/live session. In general, if anything failed the backtest, it doesn't worth another extra minute to consider. Its waste of time on forward testing, needless to consider live account. My 2pips. Hope this help.

Regards

David

tp 10, pipstep 6, 20 max trade

Hi everyone,

I'm just new here. I was testing a lot of EAs even ran them on my live account. I like 10point3 better, although it wiped off my account several times. 2 weeks ago, I changed maxtrade 12 to 20 (continue double lotsize until hit the maxtrade 20, tp 10, pipstep 6) and find out the result was good (see my statement). My favorites are H1USDJPY, H1 NZDUSD, and H1 EURCHF. But I don't like to let it trades on news due to pipstep 6.

Wish you have thousand of pip!

BonDallas

Files:
statement_3.htm  491 kb
20point3.mq4  10 kb
Reason: