Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Lots of economic dockets scheduled for today and some with high risks associated.
Data released so far –
- Australia – New motor vehicle sales declined -2.5% in April, still up 2.4% from a year back.
- New Zealand – RBNZ inflation expectations came at 1.6%, same as prior.
- Switzerland – Producer and import prices for April will be released at 7:15 GMT. Prior -4.7% y/y.
- Italy – Trade balance for March will be announced at 8:00 GMT.
- UK – Inflation for April, which includes RPI, HPI, PPI and CPI will be released at 8:30 GMT.
- Euro Zone – Trade balance for March will be released at 9:00 GMT.
- Germany – Bundesbank will release monthly report.
- United States - Building permits and Housing starts data will be released at 12:30 GMT, along with Consumer price index for April. Prior 0.9%, expected 1.1%. Industrial production for April will be released at 13:15 GMT. Prior -0.6%. FED Williams and Lockhart will be speaking at 16:00 GMT.
- New Zealand – Global dairy auction scheduled today. Producer price index for first quarter will be released at 21:45 GMT.
- Japan – First quarter GDP will be released at 23:50 GMT. Prior -0.3%, expected 0.1%