Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Quite a handful of economic dockets scheduled for today and some with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far –
- Australia – Unemployment rate for April declined to 5.7%. Full time employment declined by 9300, whereas part-time employment rose by 20,200. Participation rate declined to 64.8%.
- China – MNI business sentiment indicator declined to 50 from 50.5.
- France – ILO unemployment for first quarter will be released at 5:30 GMT.
- UK – Retail sales report will be released at 8:30 GMT. Prior 2.7%, expected 2.5%.
- Euro Zone – Construction output for March will be announced at 9:00 GMT. ECB will release minutes at 11:30 GMT.
- Portugal – Portugal may release its current account balance for March.
- United States – Chicago FED national activity index will be released at 12:30 GMT, along with weekly jobless claims report and Philadelphia FED manufacturing survey. FED’s Stanley Fischer will be speaking at 13:15 GMT. FED vice President William Dudley is scheduled to speak at 14:30 GMT. EIA will release natural gas inventory report at 14:30 GMT.
- Canada – Canada will release wholesale sales report at 12:30 GMT.