Guide to Today's Important Data and Events
Not many economic dockets scheduled for today but many with high volatility risks associated.
Data released so far –
- Australia – Westpac leading index declined -0.2%. Wage growth in quarter 1 rose 0.4%, up 2.1% from a year back.
- China – House price rose 6.2% in April, up from 4.9% in March.
- UK – ILO unemployment rate came at 5.1% for March. Wage growth came at 2% including bonus and 2.1% excluding it.
- Euro Zone – Consumer price is down -0.2% y/y in April, same as prior and core prices up 0.7% y/y, down from 0.8% prior.
- United States - MBA mortgage applications will be released at 11:00 GMT. FOMC minutes will be released at 18:00 GMT. EIA will release weekly crude oil inventory report at 14:30 GMT.
- UK – CB leading economic index will be released at 13:30 GMT.
- Japan – Machinery orders for March will be released at 23:50 GMT.