MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 779

[Deleted]
Hello, which solution is fast and good working to let 2 metatrader communicate together at the same PC, are using textfiles the best solution or somethink other? If Textfiles are good enough, where can i find a working exampel for how to read Texfiles between 2 MetaTraders?
Dear Community, is there a possibilty to set the Index Buffer in a for loop? Something like this:    for(int i=1;i<40;i++){      SetIndexBuffer(i,HighLineBuffer&i);      } Unfortunately, the code will not compile. Do I really need to write everything individually? Thank you for your help
[Deleted]
Hello, I used the speak.dll which once the codeguru posted that's worked before along time ago. Today I tried to re-compile it with the new mt4/5 and its now only able to read one letter out of text message sent to the dll. The demo et4 which already compiled still working fine. only re-compile...
[Deleted]
Hello, I use the MT4 Strategy Tester for optimizing my strategy. I do eveything that is requires but the strategy tester does not consider the optimized parameters and the resepctive tabs are empty. Anybody has an idea what's going on? Thank you very much
  Time arithmatic  (3)
I'm getting a headache from trying to figure this out. Code:    datetime Diff=Time[1]-Time[1+1];   int iDiff=TimeSeconds(Diff);   Alert(iDiff); Needless to say, I'm trying to get the integer value of the seconds elapsed from both times. Diff comes out correct (1/1/1970 04:00 on a 4hr chart)....
I am about to get a win 8 pc. With build 600 and above, should i still install mt4 outside of Program files? I currently have all my MT4 installs in c:/MetaTrader in Win7, so to avoid issues with UAC and Tickdatasuite and backtesting. With the new builds will everything work properly if installed to...
[Deleted]
Sitting down doing some research tonight knowing i was going to find some gems for tomorrow. Well I will not disappoint you and instead of a video I just want to post the charts here and add a few lines to describe each setup and what looks the best. The truth is I only got through maybe a 1/4 of my
Hello MT4 wizards On the subject of setting alerts. It is possible to run a batch file instead of a sound file by selecting 'File' in the drop down box. I have come across a batch file that can use Microsofts speech engine, works great so I edited it to take external parameters . If I run the batch
Hi, the new mt4 (b610+) offers a lot but: is there an option (work-around) to load all available symbols in the MarketWatch out of an EA, script or an Indicator? Really would appreciate!! Gooly
Good afternoon, I am trying to change the magicnumber or the comment for open trades, in order to apply a different management to them in the future. It seems it cannot be done, but I would like to confirm. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. A.
Hey somebody knows how to use the "old" ea´s in the new MetaTrader Version?
That's impossible with in two or three weeks three updates without many bugs and with no choice from our side and now the last update build 616 with fatale mistakes for metaeditor can't found its dll file and mqh file for that of course doesn't work.. I hope that the developer make there jobs after...
  MT4 Server API  (2)
I am building an app to pass trades and get info from MT4 server. How can I get a hold of the mt4 server API docs? Are the apis the same as the terminal api http://www.mt4api.net/ ?
Backtesting my EA under 509 gives me 2000 orders and no error messages. Backtesting the very same EA under 610 gives me 2 orders and a bench of "tester : 0 symbol not found". The backest procedures were the same: I used the strategy tester window. I did not see the use of the market watch. The pair...
This is what i saw EA on chart Closed its trades and had to restart new trades but error from EA '2014.03.11 11:12:28.713 zero divide in 'robodo4.8.mq4' (713,56)' (Build 600) the moment EA was attached to chart double Lot = 0.2;double MinLot,LotStep...
I am noticing more instances of poster's using "texting" style language creeping into the forum. Can I respectfully ask that posters use the English language? Not everyone's native language is English and your posts may just seem like nonsense to them.
Hello, currently testing an EA with open price only, is it possible to give an order like "closebuy after a 500 pip movement reverse movement at the current bar." (like I buy at with open price 1,1550 and want to closebuy order at 1,1050.) it may need a everytick and open prices only combo so...
  EA can not attach to chart  (19   1 2)
Hi I can not attach grail EA on chart in my VPS .in windows desktop nothing problem but in vps i have problem ( for other EA's not problem ) . please help meeeeeeeeeeee .
Following the upgrade to the latest MT4 client 610, I have having issues running my EA which has run very stable for over 12 months on previous versions of Meta Trader. I run the EA on a Windows Server 2008. The error is as follows:...
Hi Can someone pls advise. I have made the short script for the candlestick count cycle where values are given to each candlestick. However some candlesticks do not fall into the criteria in order to be assigned a value. The indicator graph draws ok for the candlesticks within the criteria, however...
Hi all, anybody know if there is any way to get the string stored in: #property version "1.00" and to display it on the chart in comments, ie: Comment("\n",title," EA (",version,")\n\nWaiting for a tick to start..."); Thanks
[Deleted]
Hi and thanks for the help I am relatively new to Forex, but am a software developer, so most EA concepts I grasp. I wrote a simple stochastic EA which I am now back testing. A few points: I coded a check into the start() function to ensure the EA only opens/closes trades once per bar. I did this...
[Deleted]
Hi I am really new to this and trying to get pivot points on metatrader 4 demo using my mac computer. Could someone please help? I have found info on windows based downloads but nothing for mac. Cheers
What is the best formula to find the last 5 peaks of the market. Would you use high[iHighest(NULL,0,MODE_HIGH,InpDepth,i)]; Can I use a channel to find it. What is the best accurate method to find the best peaks? With a standard deviation channel it might be more accurate I think
Hi All, I am NOT able to sign in to my account on MT4 Android (build 588). When I choose my real account, it needs the password, but it does NOT accept if I type, asks again, again and again, but there is no error message or anything else. However, I get the notifications I set in my expert advisor...
[Deleted]
<edited as irrelevant - seemed to be a glitch with Build 600. Moving to Build 610 resolved>
[Deleted]
Hello, I found the iTime() seems with bugs in tester, when PERIOD M5 H1...... . iTime return 0 value. At the time, PERIOD M1 H4... work well. My version is 610. void OnTick()  {//---  Print(iTime(Symbol(),PERIOD_M5,0));  }
Hello, I am calling a C/C++ Dll in an EA in updated MQL4. But i am getting critical error in calling that DLL. But if call the same Dll in earlier version of MQL4, it is calling perfect. Please Help me regarding this.
Hello to all, i need yours help i need to do a "int" with the name of a string i know to do a "string" change the name automatically; example:int ix;   for(ix=0;ix<100;ix++) { string ff="text"+ix; Print (ff); } The result is: text0 text1 text2 text3 text4 text5 ....................etc. But now,...
[Deleted]
How can I modify an order when my set TP is hit on a trend? I have tried various methods where Bid=OrderTakeProfit, Bid<OrderTakeProfit && Bid>=OrderTakeProfit-(difference value). I am stymied as what I may be missing here. Any help would be huge. Thanks.