MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 778

[Deleted]
Hi,I've hust registered in MQL4 and i want to ask if somebody khows,an indicator that shows the distance between the price and Moving averages on the chart in real time. It would be very helpful to me,because i try to follow 5 to 6 Currency pairs,and i cannot to remember all the data for all of...
  fibo levels + %$  (5)
Hello A question about Fibonacci tools tips. On this snapshot, under green ellipse there are fibo levels and under red rectangle there are prices ----------------------------------- In fibo retracement tool when you add %$ in Fibo \ Fibo Levels \ Description as shown in...
[Deleted]
[My issue is that I can't get a response from Don or Forexrobottrader support regarding the hard-coded EA 's that get automatically sent out from their web site. I've bought and use several of their EA's successfully - the Equity trail with the new Fractal Pterodactyl works really well - but the...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to create a label with a light blue background and black writing. I want to do this so the writing stands out more. I've tried to use the OBJPROP_BGCOLOR with both ObjectSet and ObjectSetInteger but the ID seems to have no effect on the label. Any suggestions would be...
  QUESTION - File Function  (16   1 2)
I am using FileOpen(filename,FILE_BIN|FILE_WRITE ) to write EA produced data to a file in files folder and is automatically updated as data values change. Then use FileOpen(filename,FILE_BIN|FILE_READ ) in an Indicator to use this data. This works great. The problem is when using the Strategy Tester...
Raised on Service Desk EDIT: Posted here for visibility. // Dynamic Array of objects is leaked. #property strictclass MyClass {};MyClass array[2];MyClass single;int OnInit()  {   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);  }void OnDeinit(const int reason)  {  }void OnTick()  {  } Output: 2:15:36 Expert static2 EURUSD...
I follow (or better followed as I was automatically unsubscribed) Johnpaul77 https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/30745 Today he opened a position NQH4 which apparently is not supported by my broker. My journal shows: 2014.03.14 16:11:12.755 '2100017921': Signal - subscription disabled 2014.03.14
  iBarShift issue  (3)
Build 216. Is it normal that an exact iBarShift to return a bar number even if it's not there? I am looking for a specific date, something @14:45 for instance, on the H1, with exact=true, and it returns a bar number on H1, though all hourly bars begin @:00 . Is that normal or is a bug? I had to...
Hello to you all. A newbie but very keen to learn. I have some indicators and experts I wish to add to mt MT4 but although doing it all as I should they are not coming up when program is opened. They show up in the programs folders as they should do but nowhere to be found in MT4. I must be doing
[Deleted]
Hello, I wonder what is mean "start of the day" in the trading between two defined hours and trade only once. Assumption: 1. GMT 2. start trading at 7 am and stop at 9 am. Definition of "start trading day" should be: now=TimeCurrent(); x=now-now%86400; or x=now-now%25200; Thank you.
1) Attempting to hide a focused editbox (standard library) will not work. Furthermore, the object will be visible even if the dialog window in which is located is minimized. 2) Pretty often, double clicking a label will put it in a selected status. It can be moved by mouse (though it jumps back to...
What would happen if send NULL under sl in an ordersend command
Hi coders! I wrote a DLL function in Delphi. This code only return a PChar text to the ex4. ibrary get_text; uses SysUtils, Math, idHttp; {$R *.res} var function get_text(): PChar; stdcall; begin result := PChar('Hello world!'); end; exports get_text; begin end. My MQ4 code: #import
No matter what I do, when I change the width from 2 to 3 in the setindexstyle, when I open the indicator on a chart, it sets all inputs to zero. Yet when the index are set as 1 and 2 respectively, everything loads. This frustrating because everytime I change timeframe, it resets all the heiken ashi...
Hi, If I search (Ctrl-f) a string and cklick again and again Find-Next it could happen that the code is moved to the side to show the string in the editor window - some what in the middle (right-left). If now after Find-Next the string is again at the beginning of a line the code is not move back...
[Deleted]
  London Break-out  (30   1 2 3)
Dear forum members, Since a few weeks I am trying to get ahead with MQL4, but what a challenge!! I was hoping I would be an expert already! but I am not and I hoping to get a little bit of help. I am trying to build an breakout Expert advisor for the London opening session. I want my expert advisor
Just in case anyone is playing with Singletons in MQL4++ and failing (like me), I've reported the following at the service desk (Fairly sure it's a compiler bug...) EDIT: Posted here for visibility to other developers. Will update thread when fixed. // This expert demonstrates that static members...
After recently joining and posting on the forums I was redirected to some excellent material which by and large helped me understand and make basic EA's. For the life of me though I can't understand why the close order portion of this EA isn't closing any positions. It is attached below....
Hello, I have never seen a problem like this so I have no idea where the issue is coming from but the Italian index on MT4 is still displaying 20924 which was the close on Wednesday 12. While today, 13th, the Italian index went down closing at 20591 as you can check on Bloomberg: http://www...
Hi, I have an EA that worked just fine with the meta trader 4 platform.. however I just recently updated to build 610 and now the EA does not work... I compiled it with the new Meta Editor and am now getting two warnings .. Both are the following Expression is always false, Not sure why this...
[Deleted]
Hello, which solution is fast and good working to let 2 metatrader communicate together at the same PC, are using textfiles the best solution or somethink other? If Textfiles are good enough, where can i find a working exampel for how to read Texfiles between 2 MetaTraders?
Dear Community, is there a possibilty to set the Index Buffer in a for loop? Something like this:    for(int i=1;i<40;i++){      SetIndexBuffer(i,HighLineBuffer&i);      } Unfortunately, the code will not compile. Do I really need to write everything individually? Thank you for your help
[Deleted]
Hello, I used the speak.dll which once the codeguru posted that's worked before along time ago. Today I tried to re-compile it with the new mt4/5 and its now only able to read one letter out of text message sent to the dll. The demo et4 which already compiled still working fine. only re-compile...
[Deleted]
Hello, I use the MT4 Strategy Tester for optimizing my strategy. I do eveything that is requires but the strategy tester does not consider the optimized parameters and the resepctive tabs are empty. Anybody has an idea what's going on? Thank you very much
  Time arithmatic  (3)
I'm getting a headache from trying to figure this out. Code:    datetime Diff=Time[1]-Time[1+1];   int iDiff=TimeSeconds(Diff);   Alert(iDiff); Needless to say, I'm trying to get the integer value of the seconds elapsed from both times. Diff comes out correct (1/1/1970 04:00 on a 4hr chart)....
I am about to get a win 8 pc. With build 600 and above, should i still install mt4 outside of Program files? I currently have all my MT4 installs in c:/MetaTrader in Win7, so to avoid issues with UAC and Tickdatasuite and backtesting. With the new builds will everything work properly if installed to...
[Deleted]
Sitting down doing some research tonight knowing i was going to find some gems for tomorrow. Well I will not disappoint you and instead of a video I just want to post the charts here and add a few lines to describe each setup and what looks the best. The truth is I only got through maybe a 1/4 of my
Hello MT4 wizards On the subject of setting alerts. It is possible to run a batch file instead of a sound file by selecting 'File' in the drop down box. I have come across a batch file that can use Microsofts speech engine, works great so I edited it to take external parameters . If I run the batch
Hi, the new mt4 (b610+) offers a lot but: is there an option (work-around) to load all available symbols in the MarketWatch out of an EA, script or an Indicator? Really would appreciate!! Gooly
Good afternoon, I am trying to change the magicnumber or the comment for open trades, in order to apply a different management to them in the future. It seems it cannot be done, but I would like to confirm. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. A.