MetaTrader 4 Platform Update build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer - page 15

when I load the EA on the Chart with build 625 it says trade not allowed, checked the expert tab it says trade operations not allowed by settings. EA was working fine with build 610

Any advise please.

thanks

alimoh:

when I load the EA on the Chart with build 625 it says trade not allowed, checked the expert tab it says trade operations not allowed by settings. EA was working fine with build 610

Any advise please.

thanks

So you have to allow the trade by settings.

Lines_ss:

Dear MetaQuotes,

the actual version of MT4 Build 625 is not longer running under Wine on MAC OSX. Up to version 617 all was working fine. I used MT4 without any major problems under Wine since Build509. When i try to start terminal.exe the program crashes with the following output details:

Wine build: wine-1.4

Platform: i386

Host system: Darwin

Host version: 13.1.0

Bugzilla WineHQ: #35906

With other words! Wine 1.4 is long dead! Wine 1.7.x is the way to go. From 1.4 to 1.7 there has been many changes made, that also affects the operating of terminal.exe. You urgently want to update. I am also active getting the other problems fixed by cooperating with the wine developers. One issue would be the ellipsis drawing.

the strategy backtester has a problem loading .set files where there are long strings.

or

the string entered >510 characters. I was trying to do a backtest with a version of my EA that was compiled in build 625 and I noticed I kept getting an error (from the EA itself) that the certain string inputs were empty. I go back to check it is not empty. I reduce the inputs to <510 characters and then the EA magically runs just fine.

So when characters are greater than 510 characters in a particular input string, the EA cannot read them at all in the backtester.

The same version of my ea that is compiled in mt4 b509 loads/accepts long string inputs just fine. I can still run this EA on b625 (compiled from b509) ok in backtest or live.

My programmer says this about b625:

[quote]The strings in the SET file are not being read correctly by MT4, try loading the SET file and you will see the LotSize and other grid parameter fields are empty [/quote]

Please fix this bug.

edit: Programmer says that build 625 may have reduced the visible (and actionable) string limit to 256 characters. But 256 or 510 limits are still too small. Is there any practical reason to have such small limits?

Reason: