MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 775

[Deleted]
Hello, How to remove the warnings ? 'Sample.mq4' Sample.mq4 1 1 implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' Sample.mq4 48 22 implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' Sample.mq4 48 38 0 error(s), 2 warning(s) 1 3
[Deleted]
Hi guys. Can you guys teach me how to properly write a EA? From my understanding, EA similar to an indicator but it can automatically do the trading for you. What I got so far from https://docs.mql4.com/trading and from google is: To open a new order we do: if (condition1) { int ticket= OrderSend
[Deleted]
Could I add new lots to an open position or I have to open a new order? Could I do partial close in live or I have to close all the position and open a new one with the new volume? I have read that I can't ther -> http://www.dailyfx...
I do have 10 orders with specified distances 2nd = 10 pips 3rd = 30 pips 4th = 60 pips ....... etc 1st conditioned MA (.....) 2nd conditiond MA & BARS 4H CLOSE & DISTANCE NOT LESS THAN 10 pips 3rd ..............................................................................................30 pips...
Does anybody knows which one is correct: terminal.exe /portable or terminal.exe "/portable" ? I have seen both, both are working - which is better?
Hello, can somebody help me to draw a simple dropdown menue on chart like in following picture:
Hi I am highly appreciated if someone writes the code. dont reply saying that "study basics and get own coding for yourself " I just need who really wants to help me instead commenting read something etc and go for job coding.. that i know.. because waiting for someone who will give/reply with...
[Deleted]
Could you please help me to set up Pivot Points indicator on MetaTrader 4? I browsedthrough all possible help topics but could not find any info on how to add pivotpoints to my MetaTrader charts? Thanks much, Vika.
Hi the new mt4 has a lot more functions. With ChartID(), ChartIndicatorsTotal(..), ... I can get all the indicators running on (all) another chart of the terminal. Is there a way to get the name of an EA running on (all) another chart of the terminal? May be as well the time the EA was started or...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, The function UninitializeReason() the same value (REASON_CHARTCLOSE) for a) close chart b) close mt4 terminal from log file: 17:44:49 Expert aaa EURUSD..,M30: loaded successfully 17:44:57 aaa EURUSD..,M30: initialized 17:45:07 Expert aaa USDCHF..,M1: loaded successfully 17:45:08...
Hi there, I need to test my algo from 2004-2014. I have the data (it's tick based data) and I run a test in MT4 but it stops after 5 years. Why? What should I do? TX
Is there a way to get the Data Window to display Custom Indicator values to 5 decimals like the rest of the window?
[Deleted]
I am confused about new version of mql4. Can anyone send me some sample indicators (like moving average etc.)? So I will learn by myself. Thank You. Sorry for my poor English
[Deleted]
Hi all, I'm looking for a way to implement the basic HTTP authentication in MQL4 (an expert advisor, an indicator, whatever it is). The idea would be to include the WinHTTP.dll library and use its methods to send an HTTP request for authentication. Unluckily I'm new in such "client-server"...
2014.03.21 09:56:12.927 Memory handler: cannot allocate 2093252608 bytes of memory Please guide me for the right direction. thanks
hello to the experts, is there any program file (a way/ a script/an EA etc.etc.) to limit the open positions in the MT4 platform. the background is: if you use a signal provider with your MT4 directly you don't have a predefined max open positions paramter, which defines the limit thanks in advance
[Deleted]
i wirte function BUY SELL with MA7 and MA 21. if MA7 < MA21 ==> sell it worked but when have close ordered. ma7 < ma21 it is continue order i want when MA7 < MA21 ==> sell and it is only a order until MA7 > MA21 who can help me. thanks int CountTrades()  {   int count=0;   int trade;...
[Deleted]
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same issue as me and possibly found a solution. I am using my own EA which was written a long time ago (using pre-Build 600 Meta Editor) and I was using it successfuly for backtesting and optimization before AND after Build 600 was released. This...
  Sleep code  (4)
Hey guys, I am using one EA to open trades and the other EA to close trades. The problem is: if the order is opened and closed on the same bar, I dont want the EA to open it again on the same bar even if the same condition is met. Could help me by telling how it could be done? Thanks
[Deleted]
hi guys, Is there any way to select and check total profit / loss of last 3 opened orders ? thanx for your help
Hi, I tried to convert a MQ4 file to an Excel file manually. So I search the codes in the in the Turtle Trading indicator and this are the results: Go Long: if(((CLOSE > rhigh && i > 0) || (HIGH > rhigh && StrictEntry == true)) && LongInfo[i] == OUT_OF_MARKET) Go Short: if(((CLOSE < rlow && i > 0)...
[Deleted]
Greetings again, My recent efforts at scripting EAs has turned to the use of custom indicators. I have used a number of them without any major problem though these have all been vector based indicators. My most recent dabbling have been focused on an EMA crossover indicator which paints an object on...
Hi! The first buy position does not open and throws the error 130. This happens after a few orders. The second order never gives problem (OP_SELLSTOP). I put the code/log for better understanding. My code:         RefreshRates();        Print("Account Balance:...
[Deleted]
A difficult question to give a quantifiable answer, but here I go: I understand the difference between char / short / int / long (8bit, 16bit, 32bit, 64bit) but what sort of real-world difference does this actually make? If I'm using a counter that is never realistically going to be more than 10-20....
Hi, I download MT4 terminal from MetaQuotes official site, but the max leverage is 1:100. I need leverage 1:500, so how can I add new leverage item into drop-down list in Open An Account window. Thanks in advance.
[Deleted]
Hello, I want to know what is the mql4 compatibility for C language. Can I use headers files, such as dirent.h, into mql4 expert advisors? Is the same compiler? Something similar to GCC. Thank you very much
Hi Guys could you please have a look at the below code and let me know what is the problem? this expert supposed to calculate some information when user drop the Rectangle on the chart! it works fine when i put the Rectangle for the first time but when i put another Rectangle, it doesn't work .......
I have become aware of a litany of problems that have occurred since the introduction of the new MT4 build. My current problems are as follows: 1) I have incurred a problem sending emails. I use Outlook, my ISP is Time Warner. My emails show they are sent but they are NOT being received. I have...
Hello, I have a problem with Strategy Tester (MT4 build 509). It seems to be common because I found couple of threads regarding this issue, but none of them got proper answer. I tried everything except reinstalling MT4, but I would rather not to do it because of new version 600+ I don`t thing it is...
Hi there, I have been using MT4 for quite some while and do also some minor MQL4 programing. This brings me to my question because I have not found anything relevant within the MQL4 community: Is it possible to make a script, where the script searches for graphical objects like rectangles and...