MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 777

Hello, I am not receiving notifications on my iphone or messages and notifications on my ipad. I am using MT4 on both devices and the MT4 platform on my pc... Has anyone encountered this issue on their devices? As far as my devices go my iphone 5 has all notifications turned on and the alert...
What would be the best way to go about making a script to do what the subject says, "Go to Specific Time on All Open Charts". I need a quick way to look at different indicators/oscillators on charts of any period/symbol/template/etc for a specific date & time. Would I need to incorporate an...
  Tick Storage  (1)
How has the recent update affected the way a price is received? I am writing a piece of code to store the BID/ASK values into an array and then later write it to a xlsx or txt file. earlier only upon the arrival of a new quote were the BID/ASK prices updated. Is it the same now? Pardon me for my...
Hey coders, I made a small Moneymanagement indicator which worked fine for me. But since the new MQL4 it causes problems I can't handle. When you drag this indicator to your chart some numbers are printed on the very right side. The first number means the Stoploss in pips and the second is the
  Access Violation  (2)
I am getting an access violation in the OnCalculate function It appears to happen when I cover part of the window leaving the leading edge exposed. If I don't cover the window, it appears not to happen 2014.03.24 21:47:01.178 Access violation read to 0x0898A450 in 'C:\Program Files...
hi, I would like to write a comment on a custom indicator to the height of the indicator. For example in the stochastic indicator imagine that i would like to write a comment next to the stochastic value. how would i do it? Thanks
  TimeToStr()  (3)
I wrote this simple EA for someone else the other day, all it does is check each of the 4 timeframes for a new bar, if there is one it looks for if the last closed bar volume is lower than the previous 2 on any of the 4 timeframes and Alert() if it is. void OnTick () { //--- const int ichart[ 4
I have a new EA that I have been back testing, this EA in a live environment will look for specific horizontal lines on the chart I manually input to highlight areas of Resistance. One of the checks for the EA is to ensure that a trade is far enough away from the line before it will open a trade....
  Ichimoku KVO Smoothed Ea  (18   1 2)
This Martingale Ea is using Ichimoku Kijun Tenkan cross along with the Kumo cloud (Histo versions) in conjunction with Kvo Smoothed, been forward testing a little over a week now on 4 hour time frame and it has been doing pretty good ($460 worth). The signals are if price is below the cloud, tenkan...
I have backtested quite a few of the most popular Experts listed on the site but have been unsuccessful in getting them to turn a profit. What is anyone else out there using with some success for Bitcoin on BTCe.com ?
Here is an indicator I am trying to use in my EA. I defined the buffers of it but now not understanding what logic were used for Buy/Sell Signals. I defined the first three buffers like this: double Buf_0 = iCustom(NULL,0,"xpMA",MA_Period,MA_Type,MA_Applied ,T3MA_VolumeFactor,JMA_Phase,Step_Period...
Hi, Just tried to partially close a position while I was outdoors on my iPhone and noticed a newer version of MT4, Build 587, has been installed. But there's no 'Partial Close' option on this version that I can see! Has anyone else come across this issue or is there another way to partial close on...
The development of MetaTrader 4 iOS is at full speed ahead. We have revised the interface and chart features: Added 24 new graphic objects for technical analysis: lines, channels, Gann and Fibonacci tools, Elliott Waves and geometric shapes.Fully completed and improved design in favor of iOS 7 flat...
Hi, I am using OnTester function to create my own optimization criteria from some parameters. To start I decided to use Balance + PF, but the result is quite weird: Example: Pass = 24 Profit = 72.80, PF = 1.48 Param = Profit * PF = 72.80 * 1.48 = 107.744 ONTESTER = 107.83 I can't understand why they...
Hi People I have MT4 build 625 and have written a small EA which checks for buy and sell signals and then once just one trade has been opened checks for a signal to close it. The EA is supposed to check for all of these signals once per Bar. The problem is sometimes the EA responds to the signals...
[Deleted]
void OnTick() { //--- int TicketYear=TimeYear(TimeCurrent()); int TicketMonth=TimeMonth(TimeCurrent()); int TicketDay=TimeDay(TimeCurrent()); if(TicketYear==2013&&TicketMonth==7) { Print("My Year is",TicketYear); } PS: There is no print in log.
[Deleted]
Is there any possibility that my question is that suppose I am trading 5 pairs and I have 5 profiles in MT4 for each pair separately and I have many trades opened for each pair in the Terminal Window I don't wanna see other opened positions like If I am in EUR/USD profile I want to see only Eur/Usd...
[Deleted]
Hi, In Windows 7/8, I have adjusted my font to 125%. However, while MENU and all text appears great in MT4, open positions text remains at same, tiny font. How do I change that?
[Deleted]
Hi I have been experimenting with some code to obtain some variables from a filename. Here is an example: 60_EURUSDFXF_12345678.sell So with an EA I would like to extract the info to be used: int time ="", period="";string sym = "", ext = "";fn = period + "_" + sym + "_" + time + ext;fn =...
Hi Is it possible to have the same login for MetaTrader 4 on more than one computer and an Android tablet ? I have workstations at home and work and a tablet that I would like to have the same login across all three - is this possible ? I am new to MetaTrader and have a demo account. Thanks N
[Deleted]
Need help on checking this EA with thanks. What is wrong with it? errors as follow: '}' - unexpected end of program 179 4 '{' - unbalanced parentheses 45 3
I search but found zilch! Can someone tell me why my MT4 installation installs in a different directory deep down C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\1DAFD9A7C67DCetc on my VPS W2008V2, but on my home PC installs in a much higher directory C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4...
[Deleted]
Hi I am stuck.L I want to add personal indicators and my personal indicators do not appear??? Plse help me out Thanks
My own ea worked well previous mt4. after i updated mt4 ea working fine only backtesting. when i go live no trades occurs. i copied ea on folder mql4/experts folder. please support me to solve the issues. i don't get any error in logs file.
  Demo testing error  (11   1 2)
During my demo testing I have received this error 4051, after checking my ordersend() lines I have come to the conclusion that everything is in order. Please note that I added the clr before the colour names as this was suggested by the new mql4 syntax. OrderSend ( Symbol (), OP_BUY ,LotSize/ 8
My OrderSends are being rejected due to invalid price in 625. No matter what the slippage value included in the order, it will only be executed if the OrderSend price and the Bid/Ask is EXACTLY the same. This is the code that places the order RefreshRates (); ticket=
Hi Essentially when running optimizations, you end up with a number of viable parameter sets that, and i am just looking for a better way to sift through these. I am currently running optimization by balance, by pf, by drwadown%, combining these in a pivot table and seeing where i might have...
[Deleted]
  Help needed  (1)
Please I need assistance with this code, it is working well on back testing but does not activate on a demo account.
  EA na VPS  (1)
Pomoc Ke svému obchodování používám MetaTrader 4 s Expert Advisors, které mám uloženo na Virtual Private Server. Po nové aktualizaci MetaTraderu 4 na Build 625 můj EA (ex.4), který je uložen ve složce MQL4 - experts se po otevření okna grafu se nezobrazí v okně navigátor (EA), takže nemá co vložit...
Two error messages when compiling old mq4: 1) The new MetaEditor gives me a function compiling error despite promise that old mq4 indicators etc. should/could work: "not all control paths return a value" //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Checks for a...