MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 774

i want a peace of code in an indicator that does the following : search in the history of a currency pair for the open price (bid) that is equal to the current open price (bid). How best can this be done? Thank yu.
[Deleted]
I have an old indicator source code, but when I try to recompile with build +600 I obtain the following errors: 'Close' - constant variable cannot be passed as reference HurstExponent.mq4 228 50 'Open' - constant variable cannot be passed as reference HurstExponent.mq4 229 50...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I would like to start writing my own EA and learn the MQL4 language. Can somone point me to a good starting point to learn the syntax? thanks fxmsuk
If my EA is stopped I want it to delete all its global variables! If I start the debugger the glob.vars are set but nothing is deleted if I stop the debugger: void OnDeinit( const int reason ){ delMyGlobs(); }void delMyGlobs(){        Print("DeInit called by: "...
Hi Coders! I used Windows 7 x64. I installed the MetaTrader-s to the Y:\ drive. All Data and config folders installed to the installation directory without portable mode . There were no directories or files placed to the Roamin folder. This was great. I changed the operating system to Windows 8.1
[Deleted]
I would like to know if anyone has a period converter that will allow Renko Charts with build 604? The existing Period Converter custom indicator for previous builds does not seem to work with build 604.
I defined a struct: struct TradeStr { int Cnt;        string TrdCat, Symb, Descr, Full, OrdCmt;}; and in my EA I define a tmp-var of that: TradeStr tmpStr; If now the debugger is on its step by step mode comes to that line it jumps at the line of the definition of that struct and seems to to...
I have been trying to make a 'Trailing Stop' function with Break Even. The Break Even part is working but the Trailing Stop part isn't working. Not understanding where I am making the 'Mistakes'? extern double TrailingStop  =7;extern double TrailingStep  =2;extern double BreakEvenStart=5;extern...
Доброй ночи. В индикаторе есть набор входных параметров, которые задаются декларацией типа input int a=1, b=2; input bool c=0; в "шапке" индикатора. При этом в панели, появляющейся при инициализации индикатора, параметры показываются последовательными строками. Если параметров много, хотелось бы...
[Deleted]
How to get rollover info through MQL? Is there any default function to do so?
Hi guys, this code returns different results every time you change the timeframe.   double smintest = High[iHighest(NULL,PERIOD_M5,MODE_HIGH,4,1)];  double smaxtest = Low[iLowest(NULL,PERIOD_M5,MODE_LOW,4,1)]; The period is static. Therefore it should give the same result on every timeframe! Any...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I would be extremely appreciate for a hand with recent change to bars writting on my Oanda MT4; just after time change in US I've noticed that my some past screen shots don't match current bars pictures at the same time, platform and broker so they look unreal; I can not be sure since...
I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction as regards the likely problem with the following behaviour: We wanted to demonstrate a bot to a potential customer without releasing the source code to them, so in the usual way we gave them an EX4 file but not the MQL source file. However,...
Hi, This is a non repaint trend indicator and it works on a different time frame from your chart. But imagine that you have this indicator in a 30 min configuration but on a 5 min chart then 6 bars (5 min each) will represent 1 bar (30 min) . Now imagine that we are in a up trend and it pass 20 min
hello, i´m looking for this ea´s Candle time remaining: but not depending by price movement as most of them do, i need it on server time . break even ea/script: but not depending on pips, i need it depending on % of profit. for example: i risk 1% by an trade and if the trade is 2% in winning zone it
Hi, I want to change mouse cursor/pointer when it move over an object on the chart (like over a link on website), even better if it can display the tooltip/description. Do anyone have experience with this? Thanks
HelloI want to ask how to get initial deposit of an account to calculate some values in my EA
[Deleted]
  .srv file  (1)
What exactly is there in this file? I can see the server name and IP address but also some gibberish . Is it safe to send this file? Many thanks
Hi, has anybody here successfully traded manually on a chart in visual mode of the strategy-tester? I have found installed and unsuccessfully tried several 'One Click Trader' like: 1) https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9294/ or 2) EasyOrderSettings v4, 3) ArmadaOneClickTrader, 4) QuickDealClient 5) MT4's...
I have created vertical lines in the main chart window with ObjectSetText using the value of 0 for the main chart window only. The Lines however are repeated in all subwindows as well. How can the vertical lines be made to only appear in the Main chart window? thanks
Dear Forum, I've found a DEMA working Indicator, that's working really good by using this code: Working Indicator with DEMA #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1 #property indicator_color1 DodgerBlue //---- inputs extern int MA_Period = 9 ; //--- buffers double
I am interesting in testing and experimenting with this strategy but I am new to MetaTrader/MQL4 so I would prefer to start with working code than develop it from scratch. Thank you in advance. CarpeDiemSooner (Brand new member)
  Array initialisation  (35   1 2 3 4)
I've been learning about arrays from the mql4 guide, and I have come across a topic that I am having trouble with; array initialisation is slightly bewildering I don't understand the statement below " Array Initialization An array can be initialized only by constants of a corresponding type
To check the initialization of my EA (on b625) I tried to start the debugger with (editor b914) Tools -> Options.. Debug: - Use specific symbol and period - AUDUSD - M1 no I start the debugger and ... and nothing happens: In the Expert tab I read: nothing, and the journal tab: 2014.03.23
Hello, my mt4 terminal is freezing every few minutes. Don´t know what the reasen is because i haven´t any indicators running, its blanc chart i have set the bars history/chart to min but no change I have reinstall my system one week ago, but same settings, os, hardware. before reinstalling i...
  editor b912  (18   1 2)
Some 'builts ago' I was able to arrange and add icons to the top icon 'line' with New Open (folder) Save save All ... Start Terminal. But now I can't find any more where and how I can add e.g. Undo and Redo. I would expect either a menu upon right mouse click over that part of the editor or a tab...
if (Bars != ThisBarTrade )    ThisBarTrade = Bars;   if(_AND && !__isExist(0))_Open_Position = OrderSend(Symbol(),0,_Arithmetic,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK),0,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)-MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)*35,MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_ASK)+MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_POINT)*168,"RSI...
Does anyone know if the new language in MT4 allows login of simultaneous accounts yet from one instance?Instead of having to maintain separate libraries be nice if I could maintain one and tell MT which account to use for which and the settings for that account. It looks to me from the help...
  How does TICKVALUE work?  (12   1 2)
Hi there, There is this code from http://www.earnforex.com/position-size-calculator. Is the function that calculate risk and position size from their indicator. void CalculateRiskAndPositionSize(){   if (!UseMoneyInsteadOfPercentage) RiskMoney = Size * Risk / 100;   else RiskMoney = MoneyRisk;...
[Deleted]
Hello, How to remove the warnings ? 'Sample.mq4' Sample.mq4 1 1 implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' Sample.mq4 48 22 implicit conversion from 'number' to 'string' Sample.mq4 48 38 0 error(s), 2 warning(s) 1 3