MetaTrader 4 Platform Update build 625: Magazines in MetaTrader Market and New MetaViewer - page 2

Jimdandy:

Yes but now you can buy magazines!

Let's face it Metaquotes focus has turned to supplying a marketing platform rather than a trading platform.

Maybe it's just me but I am finding MetaTrader more frustrating and less useful every day. I do not need objects to trade. In fact I need nothing on the chart buy my EA.

I chose to use MetaTrader as my platform of choice because of it's ease of use and simplicity in writing effective code.

It was first and foremost my trading platform... not my charting platform. If I used it first and foremost as a charting platform with lots of dashboards and bells and whistles then maybe i would be more excited about object oriented programming. But as a trading platform.... not so much...

Remember when the goal was to make money trading forex?

I guess what I want is MetaTrader Lite. MetaTrader without the bloat.

No signals, No markets, No Magazines... just a trading platform. It's a thing of the past...

I wish good trading to all.... it's been a fun ride.

Metaquotes:

"MetaQuotes Software Corp. is a B2B software development company established in 2000."

Metaquotes is a software company, a business, not a non-profit. They need to get money from somewhere. I don't recall MetaTrader being open source or anything like that. It makes total sense from a business point of view that they release things like Magazines, Signals and Markets. If you just want a trading platform then you should look at https://www.google.com/search?q=open+source+trading+platforms

Lines_ss:

Dear MetaQuotes,

the actual version of MT4 Build 625 is not longer running under Wine on MAC OSX. Up to version 617 all was working fine. I used MT4 without any major problems under Wine since Build509. When i try to start terminal.exe the program crashes with the following output details:

I suggest you to write directly to ServiceDesk of Metaquotes about that.

fxchess:

dear metaqoutes

i can not open the MT4 Terminal after updated to 625 evan i re-install it but metaediter is good? why?

Did you try to restart your computer ? Which configuration do you have ?

Does array copy now work when copying to an overlapping region? The release notes say:

MetaQuotes:

MQL4: Fixed ArrayCopy operation when an array's part is copied to itself

Documentation says

If an array is copied to itself, the result is undefined.

The release notes seem to indicate this is no longer undefined, but behaves as expected?

ydrol:
Does array copy now work when copying to an overlapping region? The release notes say:

Documentation says

The release notes seem to indicate this is no longer undefined, but behaves as expected?

Let us know when you have verified

sokramm:

It makes total sense from a business point of view that they release things like Magazines, Signals and Markets. If you just want a trading platform then you should look at https://www.google.com/search?q=open+source+trading+platforms

Yes, it makes sense. What does not make sense is to force these stuff on people who simply does not want to see or use it.

It would be that simple as a checkbox to give the users the possibility to disable them. But now the not filled mql5 login info does not make a difference.

What sense does it make on a VPS to have 32 terminals load and refresh all these stuff all the time?

aed71:

Does anybody facing problems using period converter script in new build 625?

I've done that many times may be more that 100 times before however can't handle in build 625.

No issues on importing 1M data using history center, when trying to use periodcon script it also works (Allow live trading is enabled and DLLs are allowed etc.) The following message I got from the experts tab in Terminal as usual:

2014.03.22 09:08:46.074 PeriodConverter EURUSD,M1: 667167 record(s) written

2014.03.22 09:08:45.631 PeriodConverter EURUSD,M1: initialized

2014.03.22 09:08:45.501 PeriodConverter EURUSD,M1 inputs: InpPeriodMultiplier=5;

2014.03.22 09:08:38.895 Script PeriodConverter EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully

I also restart MT4 several times but I cannot see 5M chart on screen (waiting update), no data in history center in M5 as well.

What could be the problem? I have tested it in two different broker's new Build 625 (login and with no connection tested), the same issue occurs.

Has anyone faced similar problem in 625? I cannot convert the 1M data to other periods. Thanks in advance.

Is there a solution in build 625 for the OS restart/MT4 restart problem (https://forum.mql4.com/60768)?

I have the same problem with Win 2012 in combination with AlwaysUp. When AlwaysUp restarts the MT4 after a OS reboot the terminal.exe does not find the personal data of the MT4 and it does not log in to the broker account, does not load the data, etc.

angevoyageur:
Let us know when you have verified

It's hard to verify undefined behaviour. ie if it now works, then is it just luck or is now defined behaviour? MQ should update documentation if the latter.

I hear what your saying Jim ..

I agree with not needing all the fancy stuff but it's a case of not using what you don't need.

I don't need all the other stuff but as long as the EA's work as programmed ..that's my main focus.

Reason: