MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 772

Hi there, I'm trying to get the value of Value[1] but as a result I'm getting 2 different values like 1203 and 735 ... The same is for Volume[2] ... [3] etc. Is it not supposed to be just a single value returned ??
[Deleted]
HI everyone!!! I need some help in writing an ea as I have no knowledge in it at all. I trade using pivot points as entry and exit levels. I set the trades by using pending orders (sell stop and buy stop). The problem is that I enter the trades at 07:00 gmt and since I have to work I can't always...
Hello, I write because I cannot find a solution to this problem and I hope you can help me. From build 600 and above of MT4 (I currently have the latest version, build 625) I can no longer perform backtest with Volatility Factor EA and WallStreet FOREX Robot. After reading M1 data, MT4 crashes as...
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and I have a question about this code: #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 3#property indicator_color1 DeepSkyBlue#property indicator_color2 DeepSkyBlue#property indicator_color3 DeepSkyBlueextern int BandsPeriod = 20;extern int BandsShift =...
[Deleted]
Hi guy. Can someone help me out? So when I call the "sell" function, I want to place 1 sell order and then close all the currently opening order (if any). But somehow, with this code, the system doesn't close the currently running "buy" order. void sell(){   int ticket = OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL...
Hi, I am thinking of creating an EA using 2 moving averages basing on crossover method. Which EMA is recommended? Is there a way to optimize which EMA to be used
There are many foults on new mt4.At least give people to use older versions
Hi all! I found a fractal custom indicator that I am fond of. Also, I modified it a bit to represent a clearer image of support and resistance. That's right! lol... ;) My wish is to select the last created fractal written on the chart. If this cannot be done, maybe the possibility of using...
[Deleted]
  Open Risk  (4)
Hello, I am a beginner with MT4. If a trade ten stocks, in ten windows of MT4 and use every time a stopp loss, then I have ten times an open risk. If I mowe the sls afterwards, the open risk will be reduced all in all. Is there a script or whatever on the market that shows / displays the total open...
[Deleted]
Hello! Sometime, I've a problem with OrderSend Function when i try to open at same time a Buy and a Sell Order. The platform (not the EA) answer me that one of two order was open in Buy (instead of Sell) or vice versa. I'm sure that not is a problem of my EA, because it is able to open Buy and Sell...
[Deleted]
I'm still a bit new to MQL4 especially after the build 600 changes Anyway, I'm not sure if my coding is wrong, if this is a bug, or if I don't understand something... but anyway: double calc[]; for (int loop = 200; loop >= 0; loop--) { calc[loop] = iRSI(NULL, timeframe, period, price, loop);...
With this example code...    long search_handle=FileFindFirst("*",file_name);   if(search_handle!=INVALID_HANDLE)   {      do      {         Print("file_name = ", file_name);      }      while( FileFindNext(search_handle,file_name) );      FileFindClose(search_handle);   }   else      Print("Files...
[Deleted]
Hi peoples :) I guess this is super easy for all of you to understand. But I do not even have the most simplistic understanding. I receive this error: Arrays are passed by reference only << ehh I have no Idea how to rearrange an array :( #import "exp.dll" int SetRateArray(double rates[][6]...
[Deleted]
Hi There I have a need to read indicators and bars values based on a 4 hour window, but always updated to refer to a 4 hour bar ending at the latest tick. So instead of finding out the 4 hour low, high, etc only every 4 hours (12am, 4am, 8am, 12pm etc...), I need to read these values for the last 4...
Hi, I recently went to close a chart and accidently shut down the platform (Why are those X's so close together?) So I started the platform again and it auto-updated to build 625 from 610. Next time I looked at MetaEditor, there was the small message "Do you want to save changes to....." I guess...
  Question about EAs  (21   1 2 3)
I had this question before but the thread went off topic. I back tested my EA against (by now) probably over 12 instruments, mostly currencies, my EA did well against most of them however on two instruments, Hang Seng and FTSE, my EA was hit pretty hard, my EA survived Hang Seng but the drawdown was...
[Deleted]
  Global Variables versus FileWrite  (51   1 2 3 4 5 6)
I have about 8-10 variables that cannot be recalculated on the fly without substantial aggravation (they are derived from iCustom calls potentially long past). Considering that I normally run 5-10 instances of the EA per terminal and I want to create a level of persistence, which is my better option
Hello everyone. I just got a new computer, with windows 8 and I downloaded MT4 program at first it worked no problem. But now when I try to open it, nothing happens. It opens and closes immediately. Can anyone tell me how to fix? Same with indicators. I downloaded my usual indicators, placed them...
hello, I have several open terminals in a same machine (with different accounts) and one EA. The problem I have is that I want to update the EA, I have to go to each folder to update each terminal can be done differently to update at once? the other question I have is if I change some property of...
[Deleted]
Because I am still a little new to building with the Indicator code, I have some confusion on the shift format. I know that the i for bar code can be used in EA'S also, but needs to be for the placement of the indicator. I have put in a couple example to more easily explain my problem or...
I've been running back-tests some instruments and I decided to test my EA against volatile instruments, I started with what I thought was volatile e.g XAUUSD then I moved on to instruments I had never traded on before, these instruments turned out to be very volatile but the volatility differed and...
The easiest way for an EA to get information either from another chart or from the previous start was to use GlobalVariables. But they only exists and can take and provide doulbes: 8 byte. If you now want to save a long (int) 8 byte too variable its typ is casted and it may lose its exact value - so...
At the moment only one terminal b625 is running, 4 charts are open and no EA is applied!! Now I started my script in debug-mode: line by line. It shall start my test_EA to check how I can set and get the chart comment - an all of a sudden I there was a sell-limit order opened. The account is not
[Deleted]
My MT4 recently crashed while reorganizing profiles. From then on it keeps crashing on startup. Clean reinstall did not help (after uninstalling manually deleted installation folder in Program Files, Roaming/MetaQuotes, Virtualfolder, registry) resolve the issue. Looking at the crash log it looks...
http://gyazo.com/072bdf956466352aacf6478805a4389c Hi, I have a paid signals and I can not copy them to my metetrader 4. How do I have to do?
Dear All, here is a suggestion how one can call a MetaTraderScript from Excel VBA. Unfortunately the code doesnot compile any more with the Build 600. Is there a possibility to call the MTScript (build higher than 600) from Excel VBA? Thank you very much!
Hi everybody, I am looking for a script to enter a limit order in opposite directions right after I open a position or ea to reverse position right after the sl has been reached. Basically what I want it to do is: long x/y pair at 1.0000 with a sl at 0.9970 and tp at 1.0030. If the sl is triggered...
string Section="Trading";  string Key = "Slippage";  string DefaultValue="NotFound!";  string FileName = "c:\\Temp\\Trading\\settings.ini";  ushort buffer[4096];  uint read = GetPrivateProfileStringW(Section, Key, DefaultValue, buffer, ArraySize(buffer), FileName);  string str_res =...
Hi,Can somebody help me in prinitng the lines on last 50 bar??
It seems DRAW_COLORCANDLE available in build 600,but it is does not work in fact. When creates an indicator in Build600 as below: It looks like MT5 wizard including many Color XXX types. There are only Line,Histogram,Arror,Section in Build 610 as below: Will these Color XXX types be added in...