Force ENDEDIT for an "OBJ_EDIT" - page 2

deysmacro:

Properly coded and it will use predefined value until that value is changed and confirmed when the enter key pressed.

So, if I do not press enter but click the mouse instead, what is the difference?

Eric_:

I think something can be done with EventChartCustom but I have to admit that I didn't get how this function works. If a master in this new MT4 could give me some clues, it would be greatly appreciated.

believe me when i said

qjol:
what about WinApi Send An "ENTER" key ?

i have tried already the option EventChartCustom and even Ovo's suggestion:

Ovo:

BTW, I wonder what happens if you read and set text to object while in edit.

+ a few more options

Ovo:

So, if I do not press enter but click the mouse instead, what is the difference?

if you press enter the new value takes place immediately

if mouse has been clicked the new value doesn't take place until the chart is deactivated

qjol:

if you press enter the new value takes place immediately

if mouse has been clicked the new value doesn't take place until the chart is deactivated

Depends on the terminal. What you describe, happens with 625. With 628 it is different. And not only on deactivate, but you may also enter other edit object.

didn't checked B628, sorry

Ovo:

I noticed that in 628 the edit already ends up when a mouse clicks nearly anywhere, if it helps you.

Of course !!! That's exactly what I was hoping. That's exactly how it should work and how it works in any form outside MT4.

I can't wait to test this with 628. I'm still with 625.

Eric_:
I can't wait to test this with 628. I'm still with 625.

it's available to download Here

So 628 makes your life a bit easier by allowing mouse click on the chart works like pressing enter key when you are on object edit. I see.

Just copied the terminal and editor 628 (https://forum.mql4.com/62170) in my platform folder ... and what I was trying to achieve was in fact in the Metaquotes fixing list.

The end edit occurs now without the need of ENTER key. A simple click on chart end the field editing. I couldn't have hoped a better fixing !

Thank you Metaquotes and all who have participated in this discussion.

qjol:

it's available to download Here

Yes got it. Thank you.
Reason: