MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 783

[Deleted]
The problem is that as we don't have H2 H3 custom time frames so am using Period converter to build charts in offline mode its working like a charm but the problem is that when I disconnect the terminal the connection gets broken and I get a lost data gap it is not refreshing or building the right...
Hello there, Since the new build when passing a string to my c# dll I get buggy results. My mql4 code: #property indicator_chart_window#import "ClassLibrary1.dll"   string scanner(string pattern);#import //+------------------------------------------------------------------+int init(){...
There seems to be a problem with reloading of old EAs (compiled with build <= 509) on build 610 of MT4 when the timeframe of a chart is changed. [Also submitted to Service Desk.] In the following example code, the glbLastServer variable is corrupted if an EA is reloaded by changing the chart...
Hi All, Have created simple EA for automated trading but it seems that not easy to achieve consistent profit. Please advise is there any EA in the market that can achieve consistent profit? Manual trading really takes up lots of time of having to sit infront of the PC watching the price movement
[Deleted]
Hello, How can i make backtests with 100% modeling quality ...? Kind regards, Wouter vermeersch
Good afternoon, I've down loaded the new version 600 trader, and i've copied an EA across to it, opened it in the new editor, made the changes it has requested, compiled it, and finally got it into the new Trader. When I try to run it, or drag it into the trading window, it, says that "is not expert...
First of all, I love MT4 and I appreciate the function for using signals to profit from other traders. This is a great system if it works as decribed in the documentation. Please fix these 2 topics: 1. Lotsize percentage can not be < 1% In my journal I see the lotsize value conversion percentage is...
1) actually I am optimizing on b614 and I found a bit a weird thing. The Optimzation-Results-Tab shows the 'old' columns: Pass, Profit, ..., Drawdown $, Drawdown %, Param.-1, Param.-2, ... But if I (mouse-menue) copy-all (Alt-A) and paste it into my excel-sheet I have an additional column between DD...
Hi all, Not too sure what I am doing wrong but I have been trying to optimize this EA, but it is not showing any information in the Results and Graph tabs... I have downloaded History Data and have run the EA in Visual Mode, which works really well...but do you think I can find out why OPT doesn't...
Hi While I run this command with a new broker, I am getting the order window instead of executing the market order. if (GlobalVariableGet(gvariable) == 2) {      OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.01,Bid,3,0,0,"My order",16384,0,clrGreen);      GlobalVariableSet(Symbol()+Period(), 0);   } But in other...
[Deleted]
Hello i've tried to write in code this: when K% line of stochastic(80,30,30) > 75, look back 36 bars (34,shift 2) and draw a H_line "tomato" from the highest high to current bar. when K% line of stochastic(80,30,30) < 25, look back 36 bars (34,shift 2) and draw a H_line "olive" from the lowest low
  Why not filling?  (12   1 2)
I see 2 lines, but not filling. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                        Sell_level.mq4            |//|                      Copyright © 2004, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//|                                       http://www...
When upgrading to Build600 you see this message "Old EX4 files work correctly and exactly the same way as before". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So why is my application not working in Build 600 and it worked perfectly on Build509. I have not changed it or re-compiled it. Should not have to according to this...
[Deleted]
I am a relative newbie to MQL4, and I am not a programmer by training, but I had developed a number of rudimentary robots before the updated version of MQL4 was released, mainly just to give alerts, but not to place orders. I have developed two robots since then, and when I attach them to the chart
[Deleted]
Hi everyone, When I convert data say M1 into different TF and then covert to say NY-time, I think I have to make sure that time rule of the broker is NOT changed so that the adjustment from H1 to H4 and then D1 is consistently correct. I wonder which broker doesn't change their time In case all of
Hi, I have been searching for an EA that would open a trade in a similar way as a trailing stop would work. Let's say I am waiting for a retracement on an instrument. I would want to open my trade as high (or low) on the price as possible. So with an EA like this, I would be able to set my trade
Hi, I have been searching in all of the MT4 folders (build 600) trying to find where the settings for a EA are saved once the MT4 is shutdown. When metatrader is opened again the settings are load with the last changes... but I can´t see from where MT4 is loading them. Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance...
How to set all charts with same template's TPL file. There is a command for it?
[Deleted]
I want to start trading a new system and since i am new i would like to backtest it. the problem is that i have a mac and i cannot seem to get the f12 function to work. I have tried changing my mac preferences to activate the functions but it only shows my dashboard when i press f12 Has anybody...
Again more problems :( This sweet little snippet of code would kill my complete existence: void OnTick()  {//---        static bool isSell = false;        if ( !isSell && TimeCurrent() >=  D'2013.01.25 09:03:42' ) {                ResetLastError();        Print("Befor placeLimSTP "...
Please tell me what should be done. Thanks very much!
Hello, I want to program an EA to do trading for me. A problem is that I don't know all the possible trading actions needed. I wonder if there a starter MQ4 source file that already has the needed code in it, like, BUY, SELL, CLOSE and trailing stops and others I don't know about. I like lots of...
[Deleted]
hello, i m trying to get fibo level value, the ea compile well but don't give any signals : void sellalert(){    double Fib0.236 = ObjectGet("Fibo",OBJPROP_PRICE2) + ((ObjectGet("Fibo",OBJPROP_PRICE1) - ObjectGet("Fibo",OBJPROP_PRICE2))*0.236);    double Fib0.618 = ObjectGet("Fibo"...
I have some code to break even when price reaches a particular point but I keep getting OrderModify Error 1 in the journal. The code works absolutely fine and does its job of break even at the correct point, I just keep getting the error clogging up the journal after that happens.       for (int...
Hi I just saw this: 2014.03.05 10:48:42.351 xN GBPUSD,M1: Invalid license in the expert tab. xN is running in VisualMode in the start-Tester?? Login-Account = Metaquotes, mt4 = b610? Gooly
Hi again, You really spent thousands of my day today!! I am logged in at MetaQuotes-New MT4 Test - MetaQuotes Software Corp. to backtest with tickdata (Tickstroy-Lite) not to get confused with the different fxt- and history files. Up to yesterday evening everything was ok! But at 07:00 this morning...
Even the day before yesterday, this EA was working fine. It was taking orders, modifying Stop Losses (Trailing Stops) on multiple pairs accordingly. Suddenly yesterday I saw that 'Invalid Stops' error was showing while it was trying to open 'Buy' order at EURJPY and after failing it was opening a...
I upload MT4 from 509 to 600, when I open MetaEditor all of navigator searching function was gone... It's ok, I belieave using F1 key to find what I want will be fine... But...from now it's problem, F1 not working, no action, no new window like other one said. I only got that small uploading notice...
[Deleted]
Hello to all. Before the release of new MT4 build 600, I was able to import some system function (kernel32.dll) to read/write file out of sandbox, using WinFiles.mhq library found in this community. With new build I had to update the library to use unicode version of this function library,...
Hi support I sign that on build 614 if I include function with property #include, when I remove indicator or expert from chart, tha platform crash. I I copy the code of function directly in to the code of indicator or expert, all work well genio