Download MetaTrader 5

MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 786

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hi, I am used to do some backtests with the data of metaquotes. For that, i create a new folders in the hystory folders where i copy the xxx.hst files i need (usually M1) and the following files : symbols.raw, symbols.sel symgroups.raw and ticks.raw I have notice that the spread used for backtest is...
Hi All, I'm a newbie MQL4 developer and want to write an EA which amongst other things, would be able to access the current data value of a proprietary Indicator. I stress it's JUST the Indicator's current value that I need at EA execution time (as can be seen in the Indicator's window on the...
I am hoping that someone might tell me how to reference or set up a horizontal line, that when added to the chart will only appear in the area to the right of last price bar or candle and adjacent the price axis. I am happy to add the lines manually. Seems this would be a good way of removing...
New article Orders, Positions, and Deals in MetaTrader 5 is published at mql5.com: Creating a robust trading robot cannot be done without an understanding of the mechanisms of the MetaTrader 5 trading system. The client terminal receives the information about the positions, orders, and deals from...
I'm tring to use orderclose/ordermodify. I think before use that, I need to use orderselect. I have this code: if (condition1) { OrderSend(OP_BUY...) } for(int i=OrdersTotal();i>0;) // this is for select order if there are orders opened { OrderSelect(OrdersTotal(), SELECT_BY_POS...
How can I make a certain price level like the Low[1] to be a constant? My aim is to set a level of the previous bar as a stoploss that will work if the close price of any of the next bars is lower it, but not the bid (current) price like usually.
If using my EA I sometimes get this message, but I can still manually access the Trade Server. However, as I want to run the program continuously, this is a problem. In the worst case, my program can initiate a trade but then if the connection breaks down, my EA can not close the trade when...
Is it possible to see if a question posed on this forum has been read?
A strange behaviour :     int    Cur_EffSum, Cur_StratEff;                  double Cur_BKPercent;         Cur_StratEff = 75;    Cur_EffSum   = 190;        Cur_BKPercent = Cur_StratEff / Cur_EffSum * 100;    Print("Cur_BKPercent: ", DoubleToStr(Cur_BKPercent,8)); output : Cur_BKPercent: 0 But this :...
I occasionally have a number of limit buy or sell orders in place (multiple lots so I can scale out) that bog down just before reaching execution level and I would like to execute all of them at one time at market. Is there an EA available that does this? Thanks, SR
int init()  {//---- my indicators example code. just draw two arrow //----    ObjectCreate ("Arrow0",OBJ_ARROW,0,Time[0],Close[0]);    ObjectSet ("Arrow0",OBJPROP_COLOR,White);    ObjectCreate ("Arrow1",OBJ_ARROW,0,Time[1],Close[0]);   return(0);} // in my EA start function // i just want to get...
Hi, I'm not too familiar with MT4 and have encountered a small problem and ask if someone might know where I got wrong. Attached is a very simple indicator which should write the pips difference of 2 Ma's in a separate indicator window in two alternated rows. It seems okay for past bars but after...
Hi all, Been a while since I have done this sort of coding, so I'm a little rusty... I need to get the computername and am trying: #import "kernel32.dll"string GetComputerNameA(string lpBuffer, int nSize);#importint start(){   string name;         GetComputerNameA(name,32767);      Print(name);...
Good evening, i'm having trouble to let my EA place pending orders when the middle white line on the chart is touched/reached. What am i doing wrong? i only left the necessary code in here, because it was too long to post here... double         BottomGoldLine;//Bottom, gold linedouble...
  Email alert (2)
Please help add email alert to indicator.
Hi, Anybody any experience in connecting IB to MetaTrader 4? I tried MT4 IB Connector from a link on this forum but doesnt work. I also tried to login using Demo account from IB and entered IP and Port but no go as well. Don't get errors as well, only No connection.. I've seen a couple of expensive...
I heard that people can log in MetaTrader with Interactive Broker demo account number. Can anyone tell me how to use it? Thanks, helen
How can I repair my Expert Advisor for the Fx Broker who generates Error code 138 during open the order ? Other brokers work well.
Hi, With strategy tester I am trying to understand, that with drawdown if there are no losses then why is drawdown not zero? Check it out for yourself: Bars in test13254Ticks modelled12706147Modelling quality90.00%Mismatched charts errors1 Initial deposit5000.00 Total net profit5395.96Gross...
Hi guys, im having some level of experince in mql programming currently i am looking for solution like this: i have heard there are limitations that using copy trade tool with investor login so i have seen some sites which use online server kind of a thing and avoid that limitation. Can anyone...
Hello, I want to buy an EA that make constant profit, not necessarily the best profit possible but with a graph that increase with time. I understood this type of EA are named "Scalper" If any of you has a good scalper to sell me, than contact me. I am looking for something that works with 5.000...
Hello. I'm tring to test a strategy, but the mt4 don't giveme any results (no negative and no positive, any results). This are the messagge: 2011.01.29 13:00:19 Generator started for testing 2011.01.29 13:00:10 Generator EURUSD,M5: loaded successfully but that's all. Somebody know why is that...
I want to record spread when spread is larger than 10 point ( 5 digits). but it only one line record Please anyone has experience in file write/read.......Thanks
Hello, I have been using an indicator that works great and involves the plot of a histogram (green bar when indicator value of bar i exceedes that of bar i+1, red bar when indicator value of bar i is less than that of bar i+1, yellow histogram for uncertain area. As I say the indicator works great...
Hi All after a "spread crash", my broker restored my trade but without MaginNumber, saying there are not stored at the broker end but at the users end ? I'm quite confused ? any idea ? Thks
  MACD vlaues (2)
I want to be able to get the 2 values per bar that I see in MACD. For instance: The red line, versus the top or bottom of the histogram. How do I get those values? I only see one value returned by MACD. iMACD(NULL,0,12,26,9,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_MAIN,0) this only returns one value. Thanks for...
Hi I'm new to the world of MQL4 but not to the world of programming in C. I've got a few custom indicators, the source code of which I don't have, but I want to create and expert advisor to place my trades based on the indicators (basically their colors). My sample strategy would be: 1. Buy when...
I need to trigger a specific function at the end of the final round of optimization, from the EA's deinit() function. What is the best way to do this? Do I have to calculate it out by making start, step, and stop globally available variables? Or is there an easier way?
New article How to Copy Trading from MetaTrader 5 to MetaTrader 4 is published at mql4.com: Is it possible to trade on a real MetaTrader 5 account today? How to organize such trading? The article contains the theory of these questions and the working codes used for copying trades from the MetaTrader...
Hello, I`m getting this nasty error 130, I've triple checked that I`m normalizing everything for my Stop loss, I really don`t see where it's coming from : 2011.01.30 14:45:57 2010.12.17 23:59 EA_v01 AUDUSD,H4: OrderSend error 130 double size; size = 0.01; entry = NormalizeDouble(High[1],Digits)+...