MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 785

Is there a way to access news dates and times in the MT4? For instance, I want to NOT trade around EUR/USD news releases... maybe an hour before and an hour after... or so. Or do I just need to created my EA so I can manually enter the news release dates and times... I could do that at the start of...
Hi, All 3 function with TimeDay..() seems not to be supported by the editor: no auto-completion and now colouring like:         if (TimeDayOfYear()){ ..}        if (TimeDayOfWeek()){ ..}        if (TimeDay()){ ..}same with TimeYear(), TimeMonth
[Deleted]
hello, this time I would like to create a script which Open a first LONG#0 position between 7am to 5pm. The goal is : if the LONG #0 loose 10 pips, i would like the script OPEN à new LONG #1 position for making a downward average. I have begin a script but this one just open the LONG#0 :/...
Hi All, I would like to know if designing and EA this way it's wrong. My EA it's design to open and close a position on the open of the candle (market orders, no limit and stop orders). But sometimes the close and the open are at the same time, my question is, shoud the ea avoid entry signals when...
Title says it all. I can't find anything in the docs that might allow me to place a sort of breakpoint while testing my code. It would be really nice if there was a way that I can tell tester to stop when a given condition (defined in my code) is met so I can examine the journals immediately...
[Deleted]
Good afternoon All. I have decided to write an EA . Can you please tell me how to get the data from the "RegressionPolynomial" indicator in the example of the following signals: 1. Intersection from the top to the bottom 2. Downwards and upwards crossovers 3. both lines are moving downwards 4. both
I ran the strategy tester on an EA I'm trying to write and debug and upon looking at the "Results" table to see info about each trade, I found discrepancies between what was reported as "Profit/Balance" and how I thought it should be.In the attached image, you can see trades 2 to 26. Column D...
Hi, I can only add Demo Server with Build 610, SRV-files don't work in the config folder. Any ideas? Regards Burkhard
it is declared global int tflist[]; it is initialized in OnInit tflist[8]={PERIOD_M1,PERIOD_M5,PERIOD_M10,PERIOD_M15,PERIOD_M30,PERIOD_H1,PERIOD_H4,PERIOD_D1}; it generates this error: '{' - expression expected. What am I doing wrong?
[Deleted]
Hello everyone: I have GCI MT4 version 4.0 build 388 (11Feb 2011) running on win7 32bit. Then my new laptop is win7 64bit. As I migrated, one indicator (a couple) do not work. I am using the same MT4 release. Can u advise on the cause and how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Sidenote: Also, I...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, I've got a problem that I've been struggling with for two days without success so I hope someone can tell me where I'm going wrong. The below code is part of an EA that places three MAs on the chart. The code below looks at each MA and places an up arrow if the MA is going up and a...
[Deleted]
Hi Since build 600 I cant compile many of my indicators. for example #property indicator_width7 0.01 gives me the error '0.01' - invalid property value Any idea how to fix this? Thanks
I would like to use different indicator timeframe as trigger signal of an EA. For example I use indicator shown here with time frame of PERIOD_M1 as signal of an EA, then I attach the EA on a D1 period. Did I do it right? I tried this but the EA did not work properly. What is the missing code here
Hi there guys! I just made a little EA to test a strategy here but my knowledge of programming goes only so far and there are a few problems I want to solve and hoped you guys could help me out here: 1) The ea needs to open a trade right at the open of a new candle, if the rules are met on the...
[Deleted]
AccountBalance AccountCredit AccountCompany AccountCurrency AccountEquity AccountFreeMargin AccountFreeMarginCheck AccountFreeMarginMode AccountLeverage AccountMargin AccountName AccountNumber AccountProfit AccountServer AccountStopoutLevel AccountStopoutMode Alert ArrayBsearch ArrayCopy...
  Trying to get 99% accuracy  (12   1 2)
Well I'm trying to get 99% accuracy so that my EA can eventually leave the back testing stage. I downloaded tick story but it doesn't seem to be showing any data (the pairs don't have an earliest and latest date) When I try and run birts ticksuite I get an error messege telling me the the...
I made up a Indicator with 12,26 MA lines I want filled up with color in two MA lines What should I do Here is the code, adapted from bands... poor eng. sorry //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| |//| Copyright 2005-2014, MetaQuotes Software Corp. |//| https...
hi there, thanks for your assistance. I'm trying to write some code that will print out my horizontal lines but the script is loaded and then removed. Does the mrket have to be open to run or why doent it work? anks, brad. int TotalHLines=0;void OnStart()  {  Print("hello");...
Hello, I want to use MA within the Stochastic indicator window. When the 'Signal' line crosses with that MA, Buy/Sell will trigger. To do this, how can I define the iMAOnArray()? double Signal_Sto= iStochastic(NULL,0,70,5,5,MODE_EMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,0); // The Signal Linedouble MA_Sto= iMAOnArray(...
[Deleted]
Hi all, I have a problem i can't understand it,i finished orders with sell or buy and i close the trades...but when i look to the account history ... i find these : as open trades ... in the account statement.and report !!!..although i finished the trades and orders are accepted from the market !!!!...
Hi Is there any formula for finding whether two trend lines are parallel? I am finding the slope of first trend line and matching with the other, but it is not accurate. Any other guidelines please. Thanks. richo.
Hi, while in strategy tester I Try to modify my stop loss and I get error 145 (short position). I can not explain the reason why because the Stoplevel is 10 pips, my TS is 39 pips and the SL-Ask=48 pips > than 10 (the stop level) The position at hand is a short position! 2014.03.01 13:53:05.343...
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                    Color RSI.mq4 |//|                                                           mladen...
Hi, My second try to use OnTester(). I have seen from 'Make-A-New-EA' that OnTester() should be a 'root-function' and seems not to be meant to be called from within OnTick() - as I said example-code would be so easy and helpful. Well OnTester() is a function that returns a double. To the genetic...
Hello, I want to download to mql4_Chinese. CHM reference documentation, can you help me?Thank you very much
[Deleted]
Hello, https://book.mql4.com/ I can download https://www.mql4.com/files/MQl4BookEnglish.chm But I dont succeed to open it. Regards, Pierre8r
[Deleted]
  Backtesting Help  (2)
Have metatrader 4 and an EA. Performed some backtesting and everything looked great. I then updated to the newest version of metatrader and did the history downloads and again performed some backtesting. Results terrible. When backtesting ea originally had not downloaded history but could see all...
[Deleted]
Could someone look over this piece of code and see if they notice what the problem is? I keep getting error 4107 and 130. What I am trying to do is to have it set a pending order using the high and low from the past 8 hours. Thanks for the help. void CheckForOpen(){double TP_BuyLevel, SL_BuyLevel,...
Hi, why code below output zero which is wrong? double b=0; b=30/100; printf(b); //output zero wrong and code below output is correct. double b=0; b=30.0/100.0; printf(b); //output 0.3 correctly Thanks.
  Momentum Prices  (9)
Hello There Here I am again trying another strategy and facing new issues. I am importing in an array market prices and Momentum prices using 7 different mom periods 10,55,89,144,233,377,610 in 3 different positions. The issue is that I don’t take mom prices for 233,377 and 610 for the last 2